Nachi Cocum

mstelly

Nachi Cocum is showing SOLD OUT on January 6th, 2017. Do they a lot a certain percentage for reservations and still have some availability for walk ups? Or should I seek an alternative for that day?

They do not hold spots for walk-ups. You need to find and alternative.

Edited by zqvol

have you checked withhttps://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/ they have other day passes to resorts. We have used them to book Nachi and other tours, never any other beach breaks but they do offer a few options. Might be worth checking out since it must be a busy day in Cozumel

have you checked withhttps://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/ they have other day passes to resorts. We have used them to book Nachi and other tours, never any other beach breaks but they do offer a few options. Might be worth checking out since it must be a busy day in Cozumel

I have, shows not available, thanks for the suggestion! I have since found that there are 6 ships in port, thus the problem! 😡

I have, shows not available, thanks for the suggestion! I have since found that there are 6 ships in port, thus the problem!

Six ships is not unusual at this time of year. I would say you may have just left it late booking, or it may be rented out for a private event or closed, since it is three kings day.

Edited by c-leg5

I just saw a post that indicated Nachi has increased the limit to 130 guests per day. I don't think the increase (if true) will make much of a difference.

Yes, their website now says 130.

Hmmmm. I wonder if they are just throwing a few more chairs and grass umbrellas on the north end? As long as they keep the loungers spaced the way they had them in December when the limit was 100 I don't think 30 more people would be any issue at all. I didn't count, but we had close to 100 there I guess and it was very uncrowded and relaxed. They have about a mile of beach to the north before Mr Sanchos. Not sure if any of that is theirs to use.

But if they smoosh everyone a little closer together in search of the almighty peso they are going to lose one of their main selling points.

I'm surprised to hear they raised the limit to 130.

For as long as I can remember it has been 100...I wonder why the change?

I certainly hope that it doesn't effect the atmosphere...but increasing capacity by 30% overnight...I can't imagine that it will go well. Hopefully somebody goes before I do and can report back!

We were just there in mid December and think there were 6 ships in port and it was not full. It never has been full when we have been there. So I do not think it will affect most days but thinking they have had a few days where they sell out so looking not to loose money. If they bring in extra servers I do not see it as a problem. Pool and hot tub have never been crowded and plenty of beach and water. Service when I have been there has been great.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the website. Nachi site is full on the day we are in Cozumel. Hopefully maybe this website will be our ticket in!!

They were constructing additional palapas during our last visit -- suspect they have simply expanded capacity.

Just thought I'd throw this out there, I read on a Tripadvisor review that they have added an additional bar on the beach. A good idea with the increased capacity

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, i was at Nachi on Tuesday for the third or fourth time. There were many additional palpas right in front of the pool (you could tell by how new the wood was). It was definitely more crowded with "stuff," just with the additional chairs, etc.

It was still quiet and uncrowded from a people perspective - there were seven ships in port and it wasn't near full. But you just felt like you didn't have as much open space to enjoy the view. We obviously love Nachi, but this time our service was lacking (I'm sure it was simply the sever we had that day).

Also, the "new" bar on the beach was there when we visited in December of 2015, so not so new.

Hope this helps!

We are considering booking a day at Nachi Cocom. How many palapas do they have, and are there enough to accommodate all 130 guest if they all wanted to lounge under one? Hubby is worried that if we don't get there first thing in the morning, we'll be stuck laying out on the beach with no shade.

Also, do they have any lockers available at all? With just the two of us, I hate the thought of leaving valuables sitting on our chairs while swimming.

We are considering booking a day at Nachi Cocom. How many palapas do they have, and are there enough to accommodate all 130 guest if they all wanted to lounge under one? Hubby is worried that if we don't get there first thing in the morning, we'll be stuck laying out on the beach with no shade.

Also, do they have any lockers available at all? With just the two of us, I hate the thought of leaving valuables sitting on our chairs while swimming.

Plano - I am am not sure how many palapas they have, but I don't remember shade being a problem (but we were there when it was 100). The FB page says that the new lockers are now available! There is even a pic.

It is a wonderful place! I am going again this week, so can report back to you about additional palapas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums