Caribbean Princes Room Selection

day440

I'm planning a cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We are getting interior rooms. Should we choose Aft or Mid-Forward? There is a 10.00 difference between fat and mid-forward. I'm not sure if it makes a difference. There are also forward cabins for the same price as the Aft rooms.

Opinion? TIA!

I'm planning a cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We are getting interior rooms. Should we choose Aft or Mid-Forward? There is a 10.00 difference between fat and mid-forward. I'm not sure if it makes a difference. There are also forward cabins for the same price as the Aft rooms.

Opinion? TIA!

From experience, probably not a lot of difference as far as movement. There may be more noise from mechanics the closer you are to the rear.

Setting aside motion issues, I prefer the mid aft. It is more convenient for me to walk to places I want to go from aft, to fwd, and mid elevators to other decks.

It depends on what areas of the ship you use more often. Are you Horizon Court people or Princess Theater, spa and gym people? We prefer to be forward because the latter places are ones we go to more often than the venues at the back of the ship.

I like the forward interior cabins on the Lido deck. It's a quiet area, it's very convenient to the open Lido deck with the pools, pizza and burger and soft serve ice cream counters, and I haven't found the amount of ocean motion to be a problem.

Being close to the forward elevators/stairs is a bonus, because they are usually less busy than the mid-ship and aft ones, except after muster drill and when there are shows in the Princess theater. Also, it's a relatively short walk on the open deck to the mid-ship elevators/stairs, should you need to go to other areas of the ship.

IMO, $10 is a drop in the bucket for overall vacation cost and I would locate in the area of the deck you prefer for access to ship activities. Normally, we locate close to mid-ship, but mid-fwd versus mid-aft makes no difference other than a few steps in one direction or the other.

I prefer the upper aft deck .. A few steps to the aft pool and Lido with food and main pool activities (I've booked R733). It's a hike to the dining room but that's our exercise! Front on Lido is also a favorite. Just depends on your interest in activities. If you are not interested in outside activities, Plaza deck is very comvienent. When I traveled with my Mother, it was her preferred location.

Debr

Often you will find cabins right next door to each other that are in different categories (and therefore different prices). Just look where the category changes from one to the next.

I really wouldn't worry about a $10 difference though. If I booked an inside it would likely be on Lido deck. I don't mind being high up or forward and Lido cabins offer quick access to pools, pizza, HC, MUTS, bars, etc.