Information on the upcoming Celebrity Edge

Drobot234

Hello everyone!

About a month ago, Celebrity Cruises began the construction of their new ship "Celebrity Edge" at it's steel cutting. We also found out the it's sister ship will be called "Celebrity Beyond". Two great names in my opinion!

Now that the release of Celebrity Edge is a little less then two years away, I was wondering if people could share any information they have on these new ships (new features, ship design, etc.) as it comes along.

I've been searching for a while now and found out that they should be on sale (for booking) in February 2017 so we should be able to learn more by then.

Hoping to learn more about these ships soon! Thanks for taking part in this.

Nic

Edited by Drobot234

Hello everyone!

About a month ago, Celebrity Cruises began the construction of their new ship "Celebrity Edge" at it's steel cutting. We also found out the it's sister ship will be called "Celebrity Beyond". Two great names in my opinion!

Now that the release of Celebrity Edge is a little less then two years away, I was wondering if people could share any information they have on these new ships (new features, ship design, etc.) as it comes along.

I've been searching for a while now and found out that they should be on sale (for booking) in February 2017 so we should be able to learn more by then.

Hoping to learn more about these ships soon! Thanks for taking part in this.

Nic

You found out that in 2 months bookings will be open for ships that

are not built yet?:eek:

You found out that in 2 months bookings will be open for ships that

are not built yet?:eek:

Yes. I read an article stating this.

The president of RCCL (parent company of Celebrity Cruises) also mentioned that we should learn more on these new ships in early 2017.

:)

Nic

You found out that in 2 months bookings will be open for ships that are not built yet?:eek:

Sounds about right to me.

I have booked December 2018 and March 2019 cruises on the Eclipse. The Eclipse used to always go Med to Caribbean and spend a season there, then back to the Med. But in late 2018 they go to South America instead, apparently replacing the Infinity. In early 2019 they go up the west coast of SA to San Diego and presumably on up to Alaska. Now you may think that X is abandoning the Caribbean, but it seems far more likely that the Edge will fall into a schedule that replaces the Eclipse.

They will need to open up fall 2018 (Inaugural voyages around the Med, Inaugural TA to Caribbean, Inaugural Voyages in the Caribbean) and spring 2019 (TA to the Med) bookings fairly soon. The longer they wait, the more any potential passengers will have made plans for something else.

But to answer the OP's question - I know nothing. Just speculation based on analysis of past and projected schedules.

Edited by GottaKnowWhen

I seem to remember with Royal's Quantum Class. They released bookings months before publicising Dynamic Dining with no traditional big MDR or set club dining times. Upset a few in the UK where we cannot cancel without losing our deposit.

..... The Eclipse used to always go Med to Caribbean and spend a season there, then back to the Med. .....

Not really, Eclipse is usually based in Southampton in the summer (will change in 2018) typically spends most of its time sailing to Baltic and Norway, sailing to the Med once a year (I think a few years ago they used to get twice) and doing a few cruises to the Canaries. Southampton is a good 3 days cruising to the opening of the Med by Gibralter and 5 days cruising to the South of France

Edited by DYKWIA

Not really, Eclipse is usually based in Southampton in the summer (will change in 2018) typically spends most of its time sailing to Baltic and Norway, sailing to the Med once a year (I think a few years ago they used to get twice) and doing a few cruises to the Canaries. Southampton is a good 3 days cruising to the opening of the Med by Gibralter

Thanks for the correction - I made too broad a comment based on too little information. I just looked again at 2018. I had been looking later in the year which is when Eclipse is based out of Barcelona (Sept-Nov) and had just skipped over earlier cruises out of Southampton as I have other plans for Iceland and Norway and zero interest in any cruise anyplace close to Russia.

Stan