What Would Your Dream Cruise Be?

Lastdance

If you could cruise on the new Edge ship, what would that cruise look like?

1. How many nights?

2. Leaving from and disembarking?

3. Somewhat realistic price for cabin

4. Who would be onboard with you?

5. Time of year?

6. Positive onboard changes?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

Edge would not be on my list.

A dream cruise for me? It is a dream? I would sail around the world

on a luxury line with maybe 200 people on board and a galley that

had dinners made to order like in a fine dining restaurant.

Why does it it have to be a realistic price if it is a dream?:D

Can I share your dream? This is exactly what I would have said too. :)

1. How many nights. 25

2. Leaving from and disembarking. Seattle to Hong Kong

3. Somewhat realistic price for cabin. $10,000 Sky Suite with 4 perks

4. Who would be onboard with you. Just us 2

5. Time of year. Sept

6. Positive onboard changes. More Restaurants

The above is mine.

Definitely a world cruise lasting 90+ days.

Definitely NOT an Edge ship- I'd much prefer one under 2000 pax. Under 1,000 would be ideal.

In a suite. Dining and beverages all inclusive.

And since this would require winning a major lottery, I don't care how much it costs.

D

You forgot to mention no whining children and no "therapy" animals.

But I couldn't possibly do without my comfort camel for 120 days.

BTW Azamara Journey is doing a round the world cruise in 2018 for those who want to turn their dream into reality. Yes, I know it accommodates more then 200 passengers and is not a top luxury cruise. 79 signed up already! Sadly, we are not two of them.

Dream cruise is a WORLD CRUISE But I have to admit this is NOT a dream. We fully intend to do a WORLD CRUISE. At least 2 and probably more.

Celebrity is our cruise line of choice. We would LOVE to do these CRUISES on Celebrity. If we could arrange an extended cruise of 80 to 100 days on Celebrity we would temporarily settle for this with the hope of a FULL world cruise in the future. Our intention is to do this in a Royal Suite. This is not wishful thinking. Doing a Royal suite on the Eclipse in Nov 2017 to check it out to make sure this is what we want for the longer cruises.

However, if Celebrity makes this type of longer cruises difficult to book, we will have to consider another cruise line but this is not want we want .

Celebrity is our home and where we want to be. We want to do the longer cruises on the larger ships because of the greater selection of on board activities. Smaller ships (30,000 T +/-) are too small for such a long cruise to keep from getting bored!!!! Millennium, Solestice or Edge class would be great. Azamara ships too small.

Bob

Edited by Ravbo

I'd keep it under 14 days. The thing I'd like though is to be in port until 8 pm or overnight. That way you can do what you want and not have to worry about being back on the ship.

Otherwise I'll just read what others suggest. I'm not a 30, 60, 90 cruise person.

My dream would be in a suite on a world cruise with drinks, internet gratuities

small ship....1000 or less with outstanding entertainment. Plus the other passengers would be playboy bunnies or models.

That way I would be alone with my wife and not have any problems !

Eaglewar

My dream would be in a suite on a world cruise with drinks, internet gratuities

small ship....1000 or less with outstanding entertainment. Plus the other passengers would be playboy bunnies or models.

That way I would be alone with my wife and not have any problems !

Eaglewar

But will your wife have problems with all your playboy bunnies or models? :eek:

You may be creating more problems than you anticipate. :D

Agree, but additionally it would begin and end at a US port (either coast), so we can avoid needing to take any long flights across an ocean.

A Panama Canal leg would be included to bring east coast residents to the west coast, or vice-versa.

We get to pick the ports of call around the world and how long we stop at each, and we also control the weather (since it is a dream).

A moratorium will be in effect at each port to prevent any crimes or violence from occurring while we are there.

At the embarkation port, we are cleared in advance for security and customs and immigration at all the ports of call along the entire itinerary, so we never need to deal with them again and can come and go freely at all ports without needing to wait in line.

Also, the pricing is all-inclusive, so that all excursions and tickets to special events at all the ports are included for passengers in all categories of accommodations, as are the ship's specialty restaurants, spa services, premium drink packages, unlimited laundry and dry cleaning, and internet service.

If I lived in Europe however, I would want my dream cruise to begin and end at a European port.

If I lived in South America, or Asia, or Australia or ............ (you all can fill in the rest). ;)

BTW Azamara Journey is doing a round the world cruise in 2018 for those who want to turn their dream into reality. Yes, I know it accommodates more then 200 passengers and is not a top luxury cruise. 79 signed up already! Sadly, we are not two of them.

79 for the full cruise (8 segments) already? Wow. They targeted 25 as its only their first such cruise. Although it's not around the world, it's a very nice itinerary and ending right at London's Tower Bridge, all the way up the Thames River, is quite something.

Sailing from any European port via Suez to the middle east, continuing on via all available Indian and Sri Lankan ports with late departures or overnights in each to Singapore, continuing further to Indonesia, Komodo and Papua New Guinea, then finally to the Polynesian Countries and Hawaii.

Days? Who cares!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Agree, but additionally it would begin and end at a US port (either coast), so we can avoid needing to take any long flights across an ocean.

A Panama Canal leg would be included to bring east coast residents to the west coast, or vice-versa.

We get to pick the ports of call around the world and how long we stop at each, and we also control the weather (since it is a dream).

A moratorium will be in effect at each port to prevent any crimes or violence from occurring while we are there.

At the embarkation port, we are cleared in advance for security and customs and immigration at all the ports of call along the entire itinerary, so we never need to deal with them again and can come and go freely at all ports without needing to wait in line.

Also, the pricing is all-inclusive, so that all excursions and tickets to special events at all the ports are included for passengers in all categories of accommodations, as are the ship's specialty restaurants, spa services, premium drink packages, unlimited laundry and dry cleaning, and internet service.

If I lived in Europe however, I would want my dream cruise to begin and end at a European port.

If I lived in South America, or Asia, or Australia or ............ (you all can fill in the rest). ;)

But if money were no object, I would fly first class...have you seen

those Emeritus commercials with Jennifer Anniston?:eek:

1. How many nights?

2. Leaving from and disembarking?

3. Somewhat realistic price for cabin

4. Who would be onboard with you?

5. Time of year?

6. Positive onboard changes?

1) 16 nights

2) Transatlantic: Stockholm to Boston

3) $2500 for balcony p/p

4) You didn't say this needed to be realistic, so I'll go with Selena Gomez

5) Fall

6) Fine dining oriented cruise; hitting cities such as Copenhagen with world's best restaurants; ship would be docked until midnight and the cruise line would buy out restaurants such as Noma. 10 nights of cruising Europe followed by six relaxing sea days as it crosses the Atlantic.

Definitely a world cruise lasting 90+ days.

Definitely NOT an Edge ship- I'd much prefer one under 2000 pax. Under 1,000 would be ideal.

In a suite. Dining and beverages all inclusive.

And since this would require winning a major lottery, I don't care how much it costs.

You'll love a world cruise. I did one of 106 days in 2013 and loved it. Ship held 1800 passengers. Two years later, on the same ship, took 105 day UK - South America -Australia - UK, but not a circumnavigation, so me NOT a world cruise.

For me, what would make a "Dream" cruise would not be the itinerary or the length of the cruise but the ship and the cabin. I like large ships and, while I have always had a great time on X, I also agree with the Cruisers' Choice award for the Best Overall large ship, the Disney Dream. My Dream cruise would be in one of the two Royal Suites on the Disney Dream or her sister ship the Cruisers' Choice Large Ship Number Two, the Disney Fantasy.

Edited by actuarian