Once You Have Booked a Cruise, How Many Times Have You Changed Cabins?

Lastdance

On our first cruise, we purchased an inside (low deck, center of ship-quiet and steady, I had been led to believe). Our travel agent said we were offered an ocean view for the same price. A No Brainer. We accepted. Worst cabin we have EVER had. It was low down deck, last cabin in the stern. We were always awakened by engine noise, rattling chains, etc.

On our last April cruise on the Constellation we initially booked and inside namely due to cost, later coming to conclusion that we needed the extra CC points for our upcoming cruise upgraded to a GTY concierge when the prices dropped. We were allocated a C! cabin and then we went looking for a similar class cabin that was better sited. Having found one on the stern we asked to change and were reallocated within a couple of hours. By default we use the NZ Celebrity site which shows limited availability of cabins but we went on the UK site which shows a larger number of available cabins and used that to make our choice. Another quirk of the X websites

Always book afts on the M-class - first concierge and now Aqua on 11.

This cruise, FIRST time S-class - started with an inside. Then a price drop, went up to a veranda. Another price drop, now AQ.

So usually never, this cruise 3 changes.

We have never!

Sounds like we need some of you more experienced cruisers to show me !!

How does this work?

Doesn't your TA get frustrated with you?

I think sometimes they do get frustrated but then there are times when I apologize and they make me feel as though I am always welcome to make a change. I usually go through a larger agency so never actually get the same agent. They assure me that they just want to ensure we are happy. Maybe they are rolling their eyes on the other end of the phone, though. :eek:

I think sometimes they do get frustrated but then there are times when I apologize and they make me feel as though I am always welcome to make a change. I usually go through a larger agency so never actually get the same agent. They assure me that they just want to ensure we are happy. Maybe they are rolling their eyes on the other end of the phone, though. :eek:

Just remember as you pay to go up a class so does their commission. As most agents get between 10 - 15% of the cruise fare they don't have to do too much to earn their money. The cruise fare does not include port charges and taxes and there is also a part of the fare that is non commissionable about 7%

Just remember as you pay to go up a class so does their commission. As most agents get between 10 - 15% of the cruise fare they don't have to do too much to earn their money. The cruise fare does not include port charges and taxes and there is also a part of the fare that is non commissionable about 7%

Oh good!! I at least want them to get something for their trouble. Glad it works out for them, too.

I think our record is 8 cabin changes on one cruise. Usually at least a couple for rate changes/ upgrades and such. It pays to keep an eye on price, deal and availability.

We monitor prices closely. On our most recent cruise, moved from a Deck 3 OV to a Deck 7 OV to an X Gty. Moved the gty cabin assigned to another available in the same 2D category.

Next cruise coming up, moved from a 2B to a C2 and have changed that cabin for the 3rd & final time!

Hoping to move to an AQ or SS for our Eclipse TA if the price is right.....currently in a 1A on Deck 6 so would like to keep the location facing forward on the midship hump and will move if a cabin on a higher deck with bed by bath opens up.

We never change cabins.

We cruise on Princess and Oceania as well, and know exactly which cabins we want. Therefore, we book as soon as sailings become available.

On Celebrity, it is S1 corner afts. Our next S1 is Feb. 5 on the Eclipse. Can't wait!

Depends if something better comes up. I try to book a cabin I'll be happy with but sometimes something better comes available :) If that happens, I won't turn it down.

I think the most we have moved was 3 or 4 times? Sometimes we don't move at all since I'm pretty careful when booking to get something good.

New to this! Is there a website to keep track of price changes for specific cruises?

Be nice or leave [emoji3]

I don't know of one. I check Celebrity website periodically. Also for added perks. So far the cruises I have coming up have seen price increases or remained the same.

Very rarely change cabins. I usually book early and I have my favorite cabins and/or locations and able to get that.

Edited by Banjo

I always book a cabin we will be happy to sail in, then start watching for price drops to upgrade to a higher category cabin for little or no extra money. Sometimes I just find a cabin in the same category with a better location. Probably we change cabins at least once on 3 out of 4 cruises.