Wine at Costco Orlando or Miami?

Robjame

We are staying in Orlando before driving to Miami for our cruise. The Costco in Tampa sells wine and liquor but does the Costco in Orlando? Miami?

I have a vague recollection that Costco Orlando is dry.

What is the best (Best supply and cheapest) place to buy wine in Orlando or Miami?

We are staying in Orlando before driving to Miami for our cruise. The Costco in Tampa sells wine and liquor but does the Costco in Orlando? Miami?

I have a vague recollection that Costco Orlando is dry.

What is the best (Best supply and cheapest) place to buy wine in Orlando or Miami?

I know that the Costco stores in Coral Springs, Davie, and North Miami sell wine.

I thought you could check the "dryness" of a Costco at the Costco website. But I guess not. But you could call them. There are actually 2 in Orlando, and one close by.

Total Wines gets dozens of mentions here. Check to see where they are located relative to Miami or Orlando.

Edit- as we are going to be there in March, and we needed the same info...guess what, I just called them. The E. Orlando Costco carries wine and champagne. Just a simple phone call.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Multiple total wine locations in both Orlando and Miami

wine selection at Total Wine makes Costco look like a 7-11 and their prices are great. imagine the same floor space as Costco, but only wine, beer and spirits ....

My local TW has over 7500 wines, and 2500 beers on the shelf this week .... the inventory is updated regularly (for each store .... system wide #'s are larger yet)

first time I went in a TW I was just browsing for 90 minutes ..... :D

Edited by Capt_BJ

wine selection at Total Wine makes Costco look like a 7-11 and their prices are great

My local TW has over 7500 wines, and 2500 beers on the shelf this week .... the inventory is updated regularly (for each store .... system wide #'s are larger yet)

first time I went in a TW I was just browsing for 90 minutes .....

Sounds like I would be wasting my time at Costco and should search for a TW instead.

Are any of the Total Wines better (more selection) in Orlando or Miami?

wine selection at Total Wine makes Costco look like a 7-11 and their prices are great. imagine the same floor space as Costco, but only wine, beer and spirits ....

first time I went in a TW I was just browsing for 90 minutes ..... :D

While I agree TW is a great store, none has the square footage of a Costco that I have ever seen.

Sounds like I would be wasting my time at Costco and should search for a TW instead.

Are any of the Total Wines better (more selection) in Orlando or Miami?

May I preface what I say here with the statement, I am not a wine snob .... not an expert ... I have a few things I like .... and I know what they typically cost. But sometimes I like getting extravagant and I know some things to look for (that I've enjoyed b4)

You won't waste your time at Costco if you know they have what you want or you know they usually satisfy you .... but if browsing is fun for you, they (TW) have much more selection.

Are any of the Total Wines better (more selection) IME every TW has about the same number of selections, but not all stores have the SAME selections as they DO adjust to regional preferences.

++++++++++++++++

Here's the thing ..... I REALLY like a restaurant that has a wine list of around 3000 selections - BERN's Tampa. Most places have a few, a good place 20+. At Bern's I can tell the wine guy what I like and what I want to spend and I have NEVER been disappointed, often being recommended a bottle below my 'minimum price'. TW is like this IME .... their people are either well trained, or great salespersons (actors) ..... Costco for wine advice/opinion? Same person was offering the frozen mini hot dog samples a few minutes ago . . .

While I agree TW is a great store, none has the square footage of a Costco that I have ever seen.

IMAGINE ...... jeeze

IMAGINE a PULBIX grocery store of only booze/wine/beer and associated bits

don't know PUBLIX huh .... :rolleyes:

SO reminded why I left the Bay area ...... lived in Novato for a while .....

Edited by Capt_BJ

We will be flying into Orlando and cruising out of Port Canaveral this summer. Hope to stay over night in the Cocoa Beach area (have not booked any hotels yet). Which Total Wine would be easier to get to? Thinking of taking a shuttle to Cocoa Beach. Still in the planning stage. :rolleyes:

Total Wine is both in Orlando and in Miami. The closest one here in Miami closest to the port is right over the MacArthur Causeway in South Beach.

Instacart will also deliver right to you at your hotel for a fee of $4.99 plus a tip here in Miami. They charge exactly what they do in the stores for the wine.

Total Wine's prices are sometimes the same as Costco. Costco is the largest retailer of wine in the US and their markup is only around 12%. I've gotten some really nice bottles of wine there.

I will tell you that the Costco in Doral and North Miami and are always crazy busy whenever I go. Total Wine would be a much easier shopping experience since you can pre-order and pay and just pick it up at the counter, have it delivered and usually get in and out quickly.