Buenos Aires Disembarkation

Joyce B.

Will be disembarking Crown Princess in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Our flight does not leave until 9:15 pm. What time do they make us leave the ship and transfer to the airport? I know we will have to vacate our cabins early, but can we store our luggage, tour ourselves, and come back to ship to rest before transfer to airport????

Will be disembarking Crown Princess in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Our flight does not leave until 9:15 pm. What time do they make us leave the ship and transfer to the airport? I know we will have to vacate our cabins early, but can we store our luggage, tour ourselves, and come back to ship to rest before transfer to airport????

Unfortunately, once you are off the ship- you are off the ship. Some airports have hotels that you can rent for a partial day.

We have been told by Princess for a long time that vacating the cabin time is at 8:00 am and then disembarkation is usually finished before noon unless there is some extraordinary circumstance. Once you are off the ship, you are off the ship. No reboarding unless you are on the nest cruise. We have never seen that Princess has anywhere to store luggage while you go on a tour after disembarcation unless it is a Princess tour.

Disembarkation is usually completed by 10am.

I've disembarked several times in South America with a 10-11pm flight back to the US. I've always taken a Princess tour and transfer to the airport.

You could always book a nearby hotel and do what you want in the city. With a 9:15pm flight, you should check in at the airport by about 6:30pm. Yes, lots of sitting and waiting but every time I've flown from South America, a 3-hour pre-flight check in time was strongly suggested.

Unless something happens everyone is off the ship by 10:00 AM. The OP will have a long wait as most flights to North America leave late at night. There are several alternatives:

book a Princess excursion that will end up at the airport

book a private tour that will end up at the airport

go to the airport and be bored out of your skull!

I don't know about EZE airport but here in the USA and in several places I have been, you cannot check your luggage until 3 hours before the flight leaves which means you will get to babysit them for hours.

We flew out of EZE after a South American cruise in 2010. Ours was a special case as we were among around 400 passengers extending our cruise sailing from Valparaiso to BA after the Chilean Earthquake. The cruise actually ended in Rio so we were disembarking on a port day rather than a turn around day. They allowed us to stay on board until 2:30 but we still ended up in EZE before 3:30. The first check in for U.S. flights started about 6:30. At least then, there was nothing to do at the airport with no real options for food and limited seating. It was a very long wait to check in [emoji15][emoji15] I would strongly recommend Princess or private debark tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In similar circumstances, we have gotten a room for one night. While you usually cannot check in until mid or late afternoon, you can drop your luggage at the hotel. The next morning, you will have to check out of the hotel, but, again, you can check your luggage until late afternoon when you head to the airport. This gives you two days to see the beautiful city.

Extend your stay and enjoy Buenos Aires! Are you NOT planning on staying a few days and experiencing the "tango" and all things that are Argentina?

I fee soryy for your loss!

I am in the same boat as the OP with an 11:30pm flight and since I get only 2 weeks off work at a time, so no extending our stay for us. Please don't assume those who fly straight home want to do so; sometimes we have to do so!

Anyway, we lined up a boat tour to the Tigre Delta with a pick up at the port and a drop off at the airport afterwards. We can store our luggage in their vehicle while we enjoy the boat trip. It should be more enjoyable than a transfer then sitting around the airport.

We took the city tour that the ship offered and still ended up at the airport at 4p.m. It was a long wait until our midnight flight back to Miami and we were not allowed to check in until three hours before flight time. If the airport and airlines spent as much money on checking in their passengers as they did on the gift shops and restaurants up on the second floor it would have been much more pleasant. The check in area is one huge area and very confusing so pack your patience. Every time I see one of these "airport incidents" on the news I think of that airport so keep an eye out.

Quick note: disembarking in Buenos Aires and (finally) getting a taxi was by far the worst port experience of my life. Unless things have radically improved, utter chaos. Huge lines, arguments, passengers finally stepping in to do the organization that the port authority failed to do. It's smart to prearrange a pick-up, but even then...be prepared.

Buenos Aires and Iguazu Falls were, however, lovely.

Sea Dog-46's recommendation to email John Boyle is a good idea. We hired him the day we arrived in Buenos Aires pre-cruise and had a great tour before going to hotel that evening. He is very knowledgeable and really affordable.

When we arrived in BA on the ship, we simply walked out of the cruise terminal, were able to get a cab in short order and were soon at our hotel. The hotel arranged for a cab to take us to the airport several days later. What really surprised us was the relative ease of leaving the ship and getting through the terminal. There was no immigration or customs check. All of a sudden we were walking out of the terminal. When we checked in prior to boarding in Chile, Princess took our passports and gave us a receipt. We did not get them back until the night before we arrived in BA when the stateroom attendant returned them.

• 7 years later...
Posted (edited)
On 1/5/2017 at 7:41 PM, Pam in CA said:

Disembarkation is usually completed by 10am.

I've disembarked several times in South America with a 10-11pm flight back to the US. I've always taken a Princess tour and transfer to the airport.

You could always book a nearby hotel and do what you want in the city. With a 9:15pm flight, you should check in at the airport by about 6:30pm. Yes, lots of sitting and waiting but every time I've flown from South America, a 3-hour pre-flight check in time was strongly suggested.

Pam,

Would you mind telling me how the process of disembarkation from Buenos Aires cruise ship to travelling to EZE airport & do we have to pass through immigration after the cruise docked. Assuming ship arrival is 7:00AM. My concern is if my flight time is 11AM would this be a sufficient time frame to go the airport? My other choice is 10PM flight time with Princess tour & transfer & flights are more expensive. thank you

Edited by jakec21

5 minutes ago, jakec21 said:

Pam,

Would you mind telling me how the process of disembarkation from Buenos Aires cruise ship to travelling to EZE airport & do we have to pass through immigration after the cruise docked. Assuming ship arrival is 7:00AM. My concern is if my flight time is 11AM would this be a sufficient time frame to go the airport? My other choice is 10PM flight time with Princess tour & transfer & flights are more expensive. thank you

Nope. Not enough time. You would need to be at the airport check in by 8am for an 11am flight. Even if the ship arrival time is 7am, disembarkation isn’t likely to even start until 7:30-7:45am. If the ship arrival is 6am, it might be worth the chance as long as you have a plan B. 

• Like 1

The cruise terminal was a nightmare when we disembarked.    Ship to a bus, bus to the termainal. Not much direction.  It was slow going for us and stressful for anyone over a certain age..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pam in CA said:

Nope. Not enough time. You would need to be at the airport check in by 8am for an 11am flight. Even if the ship arrival time is 7am, disembarkation isn’t likely to even start until 7:30-7:45am. If the ship arrival is 6am, it might be worth the chance as long as you have a plan B. 

Thank you Pam