Are Transatlantic crossings typically less crowded?

BoiiMcFly

We were on the Allure of the Seas transatlantic Oct 2016 with all cabins sold and 5200 guests onboard, we were on the sister ship Oasis in January 2017 in the Caribbean with all cabins sold and 6100 guests. The main difference being almost no kids on the TA. As someone else stated, on the TA three clubs were shut down to accommodate all the diamond and above guests each night. happy cruising

Cunard's Queen Mary 2 also does a 26-30 day Southampton to Caribbean cruise. (With a 7 day to NYC at the beginning, and 7 day TA from NYC to SOU at the end.)

I was on the transatlantic portion in December, and about 500 folks were doing the full 26 days.

Aloha,

John

Yes, Cunard and other lines which sail from the UK

There's a good one by Fred Olsen this summer, which goes to Bermuda for three nights; we were very interested because as well as visiting Madeira, they also visit four islands in the Azores going or returning.

They're wonderful cruises for people who have difficulty with long haul flights.. we can only manage 3 or 4 hours these days.

I would imagine so, since not everyone has the time or interest in being on a ship for that long. Am I right or is it the same as Caribbean cruises?

Most trans Atlantic cruises rarely sell out. There are not a lot of people who want to go one way and spend that much time at sea. It is nothing at all like a Caribbean cruise.

Most trans Atlantic cruises rarely sell out. There are not a lot of people who want to go one way and spend that much time at sea. It is nothing at all like a Caribbean cruise.

I'm not sure why you're saying this. Many of the previous posters on this thread have just said their TAs were sold out. Have you had recent experiences that were different? What were the cruise lines, and what were the routes?

Please re-read many of the responses - ships sail pretty close to full. Definitely not at capacity because of less children and solo cruisers but I think more and more people are discovering how enjoy able a TA can be. They often combine stops in the Azores and/or Bahamas.

Many aspects are similar to a Caribbean cruise including pools, entertainment, etc.