When does one actually become pinnacle??

• 2 years later...
On 1/11/2017 at 9:29 AM, BillOh said:

I wouldn't mind hearing that as well. If you respond to that question its not bragging 😉 It took me almost 10 years to make Diamond, I'm hoping to make D+ soon enough to take at least one cruise. i don't expect to make Pinnacle in my lifetime.

That said, the first Pinnacle I met on our first cruise was a wonderful experience. When i was on Freedom in 2015 somebody made Pinnacle and they had a nice presentation during the Crown and Anchor event.

I agree that it all depends on the LA.  I made Pinnacle on the Freedom in 2015, and nothing was done for us.  No presentation at the top tier event and no gold card.  We were told our benefits would start on our next cruise.  

Our only hope of becoming pinnacle is:

1) winning the lottery

2) inheriting a pile of money from a long lost rich relative that we don’t know about

3) retiring to a place within “short” driving distance to a port (hopefully this one will happen :))

Edited by vacationlover_mn

3 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Our only hope of becoming pinnacle is:

1) winning the lottery

2) inheriting a pile of money from a long lost rich relative that we don’t know about

3) retiring to a place within “short” driving distance to a port (hopefully this one will happen :))

Marrying and/or moving in with  a pinnacle

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, maria1122 said:

We will be turning pinnacle on the last day of a B2B.  We were told we have to wait for our next cruise which will be New Year’s Eve.

It used to be that turning Pinnacle was a rare thing.  I suppose now that there are so many, it's really nothing special anymore, so it stands to reason that it would start to be treated like the other levels.

5 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

It used to be that turning Pinnacle was a rare thing.  I suppose now that there are so many, it's really nothing special anymore, so it stands to reason that it would start to be treated like the other levels.

Oh!  but it is special.  There will never be the same amounts as diamond and diamond + on a single cruise.  

20 minutes ago, maria1122 said:

Oh!  but it is special.  There will never be the same amounts as diamond and diamond + on a single cruise.  

Having 4 or 6 Pinnacles on a cruise is way different than having 50-100 on a cruise.   It's really not a big deal anymore.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Having 4 or 6 Pinnacles on a cruise is way different than having 50-100 on a cruise.   It's really not a big deal anymore.

Sorry but I do not agree.  Becoming a pinnacle is A BIG DEAL.  And I will be very proud

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, maria1122 said:

Becoming a pinnacle is A BIG DEAL.  

It depends on the ship. Adventure two weeks ago had 54 Ps but the one couple which made pinnacle on the sailing was recognized with a special event including a glass momento. 

• Like 1

In my case I reached 700 points exactly at the end of the cruise.  Even with that the LA on Oasis still contacted me to make sure I went to the top tier party where he recognized me and had my photo taken with the HD and Captain.  I was then invited to the Pinnacle lunch and later had dinner in Chops with the HD and the Captain.  I was very impressed with how I was treated.

23 hours ago, maria1122 said:

We will be turning pinnacle on the last day of a B2B.  We were told we have to wait for our next cruise which will be New Year’s Eve.

You *should* (emphasis on should) be recognized as Pinnacle on the cruise that you reach 700 points, regardless of which day of the cruise that happens. I don't know who told you otherwise, but it is not accurate (and not surprising). Email the Loyalty Ambassador ahead of time to alert him/her of your upcoming Pinnacle status.  The address is (two letter code for ship)_LoyaltyAmbasssador@rccl.com.  

Congratulations!

We have seen where someone turns Pinnacle, and they postpone their graduation celebration. For another ship. We were on the Oasis a while back and a couple were celebrated for attaining Pinnacle status. When talking to them later we found they had got to 700 points 2 cruises ago. But wanted to wait for the celebration till their family could be aboard. 

I wish I had know that a couple of years ago. I went through all kinds a maneuvers trying to make it on last years Presidents cruise. But Royal gave me 4 points they had disputed. So I had to book 2 more cruises to make it on the Rhapsody in April.

16 hours ago, maria1122 said:

Sorry but I do not agree.  Becoming a pinnacle is A BIG DEAL.  And I will be very proud

Congratulations. It is a big thing. In the way you are treated by the crew and officers.

Edited by rt1092

1 hour ago, travelgoddess1 said:

You *should* (emphasis on should) be recognized as Pinnacle on the cruise that you reach 700 points, regardless of which day of the cruise that happens. I don't know who told you otherwise, but it is not accurate (and not surprising). Email the Loyalty Ambassador ahead of time to alert him/her of your upcoming Pinnacle status.  The address is (two letter code for ship)_LoyaltyAmbasssador@rccl.com.  

Congratulations!

Hi Karen, When we made Pinnacle on RH we were told by the LA that we would have to wait until the next cruise for the benefits. However the concierge did allow us into the CL as it was a TA and D+ were not allowed in but the card worked. We were recognized as Pinnacle at a very nice Top Tier party complete with flowers for Norma Jean.

Edited by FLACRUISER99

I will be finally turning Pinnacle in a few short months on the Liberty.  Unfortunately, it's a GF cruise and hubby won't be there so we will postpone until Anthem in April on the Transatlantic.  Does anyone know if I will be able to receive the benefits on Liberty on my sailing or will I have to wait until April?

7 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Hi Karen, When we made Pinnacle on RH we were told by the LA that we would have to wait until the next cruise for the benefits. However the concierge did allow us into the CL as it was a TA and D+ were not allowed in but the card worked. We were recognized as Pinnacle at a very nice Top Tier party complete with flowers for Norma Jean.

Sorry I didn’t clarify in the post.  The recognition should come on the cruise when you reach 700 points.  The benefits come on the next cruise.  

I hope you and Norma Jean are well.

1 minute ago, Colorado Babe said:

I will be finally turning Pinnacle in a few short months on the Liberty.  Unfortunately, it's a GF cruise and hubby won't be there so we will postpone until Anthem in April on the Transatlantic.  Does anyone know if I will be able to receive the benefits on Liberty on my sailing or will I have to wait until April?

Congratulations!  It will be the cruise after Liberty when you receive the benefits.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, travelgoddess1 said:

Congratulations!  It will be the cruise after Liberty when you receive the benefits.

Quick question since we won’t get there for about a year, but in this case would the free cruise credit be applied on the anthem TA? Just trying to figure out what type of cruise to book next when we hit 700. 

Edited by orville99

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Quick question since we won’t get there for about a year, but in this case would the free cruise credit be applied on the anthem TA? Just trying to figure out what type of cruise to book next when we hit 700. 

The free cruise for first pinnacle (700 points ) is for a seven night Caribbean cruise, in a balcony. Or you can take the value of the certificate ( I think it is $2400) and apply it to any other sailing you wish.    And it doesn’t have to be the cruise immediately following your pinnacle step up.    There are some restrictions about the booking/sailing time frame that will be explained in the info you’ve will receive 

The choice is yours. Have fun planning. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

47 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

We have seen her both ways. Some loyalty ambassadors will give you a gold card the day you become pinnacle, and extend all of the pinnacle benefits to you. Others do not.  

Congrats and enjoy your TA

m