1st ever cruise, upgrade to a balcony????

Snail999

I also disagree with the once you've been in a balcony that's all you want. I've been up and down the grades. If there is only a small difference between inside OV and balcony I would chose the balcony, but not to go from a OV to a balcony for £900, that's way to much to pay. That's $1100 at todays exchange rate.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

I also disagree with the once you've been in a balcony that's all you want. I've been up and down the grades. If there is only a small difference between inside OV and balcony I would chose the balcony, but not to go from a OV to a balcony for £900, that's way to much to pay. That's $1100 at todays exchange rate.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

Kerry, we agree with you absolutely. We started with balconies only, then realised we didn't use them enough for it to be an issue... these days we check all the prices, look for bargains, and find out how often we'd be using one due to port days and colder weather. We mainly go for obstructed outside these days (and have just been upgraded to less obstructed).

I've always watched my money and thought things out before I pay for any luxury upgrade or item but to me the fresh ocean air, coffee at sunrise while listening to local radio and Yoga at sea makes it well worth it and I usually come up with another good money making idea while on that balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you can wait until 3 months before the cruise. This is when final balances are due and there is a plethora of deals.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Not necessarily. Its a matter of supply and demand which varies by cruise ship and itinerary. There may be more opportunity for attractive pricing after final payment.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Once you Cruise with a Balcony you probably will always go with a Balcony. That Sea Air alone is worth it. They are great for listening to local Radio Stations drinking coffee/Tea at sunrise or exercising.

My experience is the opposite. I started with a balcony. Then I tried an ocean view and it was fine. If I wanted the sea air, I went outside on a deck. Then I tried an inside, and it was fine. If I want the sea air and a view I go out on a deck.

I think it comes down to how much private personal real estate you must have and what you are willing to pay for it. I can always find a congenial outdoor space with an available chair somewhere on every ship. So why would I pay for an exclusive space reserved just for me? I might even meet someone new and interesting.

I've always watched my money and thought things out before I pay for any luxury upgrade or item but to me the fresh ocean air, coffee at sunrise while listening to local radio and Yoga at sea makes it well worth it and I usually come up with another good money making idea while on that balcony.

I agree. One of my favorite cruise activities is a pot of coffee and room service breakfast on my own private balcony. Plus, waking up to that view very morning...there's nothing like it. I'm not saying I won't cruise without a balcony, but I sure would miss it.

enhance

enhance

I agree. One of my favorite cruise activities is a pot of coffee and room service breakfast on my own private balcony. Plus, waking up to that view very morning...there's nothing like it. I'm not saying I won't cruise without a balcony, but I sure would miss it.

Agree. It certainly is a matter of personal choice and budget, but we always cruise with balcony staterooms as that is our preference for all the reasons (and more) mentioned on this thread. The times we've not had one (forward location family stateroom, as example), while the view was terrific we missed not having the balcony, Again, just personal preference.

BTW, nice pictures, Paul.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We like to leave the balcony door open at night for the fresh air and the sound of the sea.We always order room service and eat our breakfast on the balcony.

That's not something I'd risk on the OP's cruise across the Atlantic to the Canaries in September. :rolleyes:

Was a weight lifter since my Army days but at 58 and a strong 260 pounds I had a heart attack, switched quickly to Yoga and dropped 80 pounds (Love every Cruise like it's the last one and get The Balcony)

Fortunately we are lucky and negotiate 3 cruises a year with balconies but as Raven82 said, you can be super fit and still have a heart attack or worse so treating every cruise or day as your last why not treat yourself to a balcony as you might not get another opportunity.

Good point but what grapau27 and I are saying is Make The Most out of your Cruise and Life and while we are at it Let's talk our Wives into letting us buy that Lamborghini or Bentley too, Hey, life is short[emoji52]

Good point but what grapau27 and I are saying is Make The Most out of your Cruise and Life and while we are at it Let's talk our Wives into letting us buy that Lamborghini or Bentley too, Hey, life is short[emoji52]

Lol, I would rather the many cruises (on a balcony).;)