Pre Cruise Hotel Package Fort Lauderdale

cruisingxpert

Has anyone used the HAL pre cruise Hotel package before a cruise out of Port Everglades.

I checked the HAL site but didn't see prices and also wondered about the transfer from airport to hotel - is it a big bus and do you have to wait a long time before it goes to hotel.

I'm on the Eurodam April 1st and thinking about it for 1 night and the hotel prices are really high.

I did the HAL pre-cruise hotel and transfer. It was no more expensive than other hotels and I like the convenience of the transfer to the ship, because you are brought right into the entrance to the terminal and you don't have to transfer your own luggage.

I have always used the HAL hotel but this year I couldn't get a room in San Diego at their hotel. I'm staying closer to the port but I know I will have to transfer my own luggage into the terminal (bummer):(. The cost for the hotel without a transfer is almost the same as the cost of the HAL hotel (and this is one of the cheaper ones). :eek:

In Fort Lauderdale the hotels I was quoted are a bit further from the port than where we normally stay. I think the transfers are fine for single travelers, but for couples it is less expensive to just take a taxi (from most hotels).

I usually do the HAL Marina Hilton pre-cruise package with transfer to the ship. However, I have found it MUCH easier to just get a taxi from the airport to the hotel. Taking the HAL bus often involves some confusion, a wait, and a LONG walk to the bus, schlepping your own luggage, while a taxi is can be found right outside the door to the baggage area.

For my cruise next week, we are staying at the Drift Hotel, one of the last small family run hotels in Ft Lauderdale. At $179 per night it is less expensive than many others. It has an excellent location near the beach. No shuttle, but the taxi ride is cheap both to the airport and the port, because they are both close by.

We have never stayed there before, but it is highly rated by those who have.

Has anyone used the HAL pre cruise Hotel package before a cruise out of Port Everglades.

I checked the HAL site but didn't see prices and also wondered about the transfer from airport to hotel - is it a big bus and do you have to wait a long time before it goes to hotel.

I'm on the Eurodam April 1st and thinking about it for 1 night and the hotel prices are really high.

We paid HAL $303.82 for 1 night at the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Plantation Hotel. Included in that amount are the transfer costs from airport to hotel to ship and from ship back to airport. They didn't separate the cost of the transfers from the cost of the hotel on the billing statement and we don't know what kind of room we are getting. This will be for March 21, 2017.

We paid HAL $303.82 for 1 night at the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Plantation Hotel. Included in that amount are the transfer costs from airport to hotel to ship and from ship back to airport. They didn't separate the cost of the transfers from the cost of the hotel on the billing statement and we don't know what kind of room we are getting. This will be for March 21, 2017.

We are currently enjoying our room at the Fort Lauderdale Plantation Hotel. We paid HAL $340.00 CDN , which included our transfer to the Hotel from the airport, and the transfer to the cruise tomorrow. This hotel is in wonderful condition; our room is immaculate. We walked over to the Publix this morning, and purchased our wine, water and soft drinks for the cruise. Just returned from visiting the Sawgrass Milll mall.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for starting this thread (even though I can't help). We have booked through HAL their hotel & transfers for our November cruise. The hotels offered to us were the Harbor Beach Marriott Resort or the Westin Ft Lauderdale. For the Marriott it is $394 Cnd a night. (we are staying 4 nights pre-cruise and that is an average of their quote).

I will be interested, if you book this, what your thoughts are when you get back.

Thank you for all the great replies. For my cruise, the Marriott Harbour Beach is the only one available and cost is $457 incl tax. If I book Marriott direct it is almost the same but I would collect points as a Marriott Rewards member. I don't think you collect points if you book with HAL. The extra is the transfers. I have never done it before but thought I would look into it because Embassy Suites that I often use was about $315 + tax. Highest I ever ever seen for them.

Think I will ask Marriott how many points I will get if I book direct.

Thank you again

Thank you for all the great replies. For my cruise, the Marriott Harbour Beach is the only one available and cost is $457 incl tax. If I book Marriott direct it is almost the same but I would collect points as a Marriott Rewards member. I don't think you collect points if you book with HAL. The extra is the transfers. I have never done it before but thought I would look into it because Embassy Suites that I often use was about $315 + tax. Highest I ever ever seen for them.

Think I will ask Marriott how many points I will get if I book direct.

Thank you again

We are also considering the Bahia Mar and it is quite cheap at about $125 US a night for a king, partial ocean view so we may switch to that since we are staying 4 nights and it sure adds up. The Marriott seems pretty high priced. I would hope you still would be able to collect points? Good to check first though.

We are currently enjoying our room at the Fort Lauderdale Plantation Hotel. We paid HAL $340.00 CDN , which included our transfer to the Hotel from the airport, and the transfer to the cruise tomorrow. This hotel is in wonderful condition; our room is immaculate. We walked over to the Publix this morning, and purchased our wine, water and soft drinks for the cruise. Just returned from visiting the Sawgrass Milll mall.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wishing you good weather and smooth sailing on tomorrow's cruise. I feel like we're almost there for ours.

Any good places to eat within walking distance from the F.L. Plantation Hotel?

We only did the package once, with Princess, on our first cruise. Very expensive as it was priced through the cruise as per person. Since there is no upcharge for the second person in hotels, it was pricey. As others have pointed out, cabs from airport to cruise port and hotels in that area, are cheap. We will end up spending about $200 for two pre cruise. Hotel and transfers.