Booking Southern Caribbean

We want to book the southern Caribbean itinerary on Adventure in feb. 2018. We will be on Oasis 2/26/17 and figured I would book while on the ship for the OBC but was thinking the OBC doesn't matter if the cost increases a lot between now and then. Any Opinions from experience on whether I should just book it or wait for booking on the ship??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We want to book the southern Caribbean itinerary on Adventure in feb. 2018. We will be on Oasis 2/26/17 and figured I would book while on the ship for the OBC but was thinking the OBC doesn't matter if the cost increases a lot between now and then. Any Opinions from experience on whether I should just book it or wait for booking on the ship??

What are the rates now? My story is I was planning on booking Adventure on the southern while on Oasis this pat May. However I was on this forum in April of 2015 when the rates first came out and the initial JS prices were less than my D5 balcony when I booked that one. Back then I paid $2200 for the 2 of us. Now the rate is $5200. You can book now and if the rates drop dramatically between then and now you can cancel and rebook for the OBC.

With RCI "sales" it's a crap shoot on whether the price will actually increase or not...they play a not-so-good shell game on pricing. Personally, since you sail in just over a month and want to book a cruise a year out, I would wait for the OBC and book on board next month....then just keep an eye out for price drops between then and final payment date. Just my humble opinion...

Have a great cruise!!

What are the rates now? My story is I was planning on booking Adventure on the southern while on Oasis this pat May. However I was on this forum in April of 2015 when the rates first came out and the initial JS prices were less than my D5 balcony when I booked that one. Back then I paid $2200 for the 2 of us. Now the rate is $5200. You can book now and if the rates drop dramatically between then and now you can cancel and rebook for the OBC.

Exactly what I was thinking...

We have booked well in advance while on board several times. Currently have one booked for Dec. 2017. We watched the prices and promotions and a couple of times called RCCL when something better came up and they have always made an adjustment or credit.

We are booked on Ovation for April 2018 and planned to rebooked when we get on Rhapsody this week to take advantage of the OBC. But the price of our cabin has gone up $500 since our original booking so it's no longer worth it.

Perfect example of why folks who have the ability to cancel without penalty should not wait to book just to get OBC from booking onboard.