Just Have to Vent

dbrucern

So we were notified that our cruise in January 2018 is cancelled because our ship is going in dry dock, we understand not an issue, we will rebook, we love Carnival. NOT SO FAST, we decided to take a more expensive cruise,knowing we will have to pay the increase cost so Carnival is going to get another $$$$ from me but these things happen, even willing to forgo the $25 credit from Carnival for having to cancel the cruise but I find out that I can't do that, I have to take what is considered a comparable cruise in order not to loose my money. Come On Carnival, I thought you were better than this.

Edited by dbrucern

Hmmm... that doesn't seem at all fair! You're not cancelling the cruise, they are! So they shouldn't penalize you.

Did you book through a TA, a PVP or just online? I've never had to try it as I book through a TA but maybe call Carnival and ask to speak to a supervisor? After all, you're trying to give them MORE money! I can't see why they'd complain about that!

So we were notified that our cruise in January 2018 is cancelled because our ship is going in dry dock, we understand not an issue, we will rebook, we love Carnival. NOT SO FAST, we decided to take a more expensive cruise,knowing we will have to pay the increase cost so Carnival is going to get another $$$$ from me but these things happen, even willing to forgo the $25 credit from Carnival for having to cancel the cruise but I find out that I can't do that, I have to take what is considered a comparable cruise in order not to loose my money. Come On Carnival, I thought you were better than this.

That's wrong. If they cancel it you should get a full refund or the same cruise for the same amount of money. Unless I am misreading this and you will only lose the $25.00. Curious to know.

Candi

We had this happen to us for a cruise in 2015. Carnival cancelled our cruise for a "dancing of the ships". We already had airfare and Carnival wouldn't help with change fees and travel insurance said it wasn't covered because the airline hadn't cancelled. So we had airfare for 2 to San Juan. So we booked with another cruise line for a cruise out of San Juan at the same time frame and booked something different with Carnival to get our onboard credit.

So why don't you book 2 cruises. One that will be considered comparable and the more expensive 1 you want. You do have time to book that cruise for the OBC credit. How long until you have to sail to get the OBC?

I'll take the $25 obc and be grateful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Forgive me but I don't understand. With the cruise being a year away you should have a full refund even if you cancelled it yourself, unless you booked early saver. But since Carnival cancelled the cruise, I would expect you get a full refund (minus the OBC which you say you are OK with) even if it was ES. In either case you should not be losing any money. What am I missing?

Don't see the need for a vent thread but...okay.

You are free to book with another line. Carnival won't mind.

So the OP should just bend over and take it? OP should not be penalized by CCL when they are the one's who canceled, not the OP.

OP doesn't want the $25. Wants to rebook on a cruise of his choosing even at a higher price.

Forgive me but I don't understand. With the cruise being a year away you should have a full refund even if you cancelled it yourself, unless you booked early saver. But since Carnival cancelled the cruise, I would expect you get a full refund (minus the OBC which you say you are OK with) even if it was ES. In either case you should not be losing any money. What am I missing?

something definitely amiss here. Hopefully the person OP originally spoke to has no clue.

Bill

We have a great PVP, our disappointment is since the cruise is cancelled due to dry dock and we have to rebook why can't it be for a more expensive cruise. We know we will have to pay the difference but we are not allowed to do that. We have to use the money for a cruise that is comparable. In other words 4 day for another 4 day. However the ships are not comparable. The Sensation is not the Victory. And the room we had on the Victory is not offered on the Sensation or any other ship that offers a 4 day cruise. The cruise was paid off. Carnival is offering a $25.00 OBC for the cancellation.

Edited by dbrucern

We have a great PVP, our disappointment is since the cruise is cancelled due to dry dock and we have to rebook why can't it be for a more expensive cruise. We know we will have to pay the difference but we are not allowed to do that. We have to use the money for a cruise that is comparable. In other words 4 day for another 4 day. However the ships are not comparable. The Sensation is not the Victory. And the room we had on the Victory is not offered on the Sensation or any other ship that offers a 4 day cruise. The cruise was paid off. Carnival is offering a $25.00 OBC for the cancellation.

as Pyrate13 asked why can't you get your money back? Even if cruise is paid off you should be able to get all your money back unless you booked ES.:confused:

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

So the OP should just bend over and take it? OP should not be penalized by CCL when they are the one's who canceled, not the OP.

OP doesn't want the $25. Wants to rebook on a cruise of his choosing even at a higher price.

something definitely amiss here. Hopefully the person OP originally spoke to has no clue.

Bill

Bill hit the nail right on the head. OP hope you get it worked out. Keep calling until you get a different answer , ask for a supervisor. Go to work , don't give up the ship ;)

Edited by BoDidly

:eek::eek:

If this is true I'm stunned. I've never had anything less than satisfaction from Carnival. If I booked a cruise and they canceled, and only offered $25, I'd be madder than hell. And then to limit how you can rebook? Inconceivable. I got a $100OBC just for complaining that the windows were dirty, and last cruise all I had to do was say it was my daughter's birthday and they brought chocolate covered strawberries to the room three different days. That's the "exceed-your-expectations" service I have grown to LOVE at Carnival and if what you say happened ever happened to me I'd say screw the loyalty perks I'm cruising elsewhere.

Is this what your PVP is telling you or what you were told by another Carnival Rep?

as Pyrate13 asked why can't you get your money back? Even if cruise is paid off you should be able to get all your money back unless you booked ES.:confused:

Bill

Even if the OP did book ES, Carnival should allow them to cancel and get a refund without penalty. I may be wrong, but I believe in the past when something like this happened, Carnival has given passengers 24 or 48 hours to request a refund. I would definitely be climbing the ladders until I got some satisfaction. As the OP said, the two ships aren't comparable, and a complete refund should be issued if the OP asks for it.

Laughing! The cancelled cruise is a year out. Why would anyone think they should receive anything for something they haven't even had to pay for yet. And getting "upset" over 25 bucks....

I think you misunderstood the original post. The OP is not upset because of the 25 bucks. And he/she isn't expecting anything from Carnival due to the cancelled cruise. However, he/she IS upset because apparently Carnival isn't allowing them to book a more expensive cruise (and they are very willing to pay the extra $$$). According to the OP, Carnival is saying they must book a "comparable" cruise, ie a 4 day for a 4 day. They were originally booked on the Victory, and from the sounds of it, the only "comparable" 4 day that works for them is on the Sensation. To me, the two ships aren't "comparable", and I'd be upset too if I wasn't allowed to pay more money and go on a different cruise.

Laughing! The cancelled cruise is a year out. Why would anyone think they should receive anything for something they haven't even had to pay for yet. And getting "upset" over 25 bucks....

Who is getting upset over $25 ? OP has already stated they would forego the OBC offered so they could book the cruise they wanted.

Nobody said they wanted anything except the ability to rebook a cruise of their choosing.

Bill

Carnival does not care they are a bunch of greedy??????

Don't see the need for a vent thread but...okay.

You are free to book with another line. Carnival won't mind.

Well aren't you two the most understanding pair of the evening!

OP- I repeat my comment that others here have said (who are NOT being especially cranky!) that you should just contact Carnival and insist on speaking to a supervisor. If you don't like what you hear, call again the next day and speak to another supervisor. They can do many things- the key is that sometimes they don't KNOW that they can do things differently until you make enough noise!

Edited by Shaded Lady