Tracy Arm Fjord

gagenie

Glad to hear you got everything figured out. Now that I know they are answering the phone I'll try and set up my trip this year. I'm on an early May cruise and not sure if they will be running yet

Yes I did and thank you so much. Yes, she told me she was answering phones daily from 8 am -8 pm pacific time!!

I called and had a nice chat with Winona and I'm booked for May. They start tours May 13 so I just snuck in. She mentioned that Juneau has torn down the pier they normally use in preparation for bigger ships to dock so will be interesting to see where they board this year.

I called and had a nice chat with Winona and I'm booked for May. They start tours May 13 so I just snuck in. She mentioned that Juneau has torn down the pier they normally use in preparation for bigger ships to dock so will be interesting to see where they board this year.

Oh great!! Now you can let me know when you go in May cause I don't go until June :)

• 2 weeks later...
It looks like our cruise (NCL Jewel) is only in Juneau until 1:00pm. Do you know if there are any boat tours to see the glacier on such a short time in port?

I'm sorry I don't. The boat tour we are taking is approx. a 10 hour trip from Juneau. Maybe someone else will know more than me/

We are on the Princess NB and get into Juneau at 8:00 am so I didn't even pursue this excursion because I thought it wouldn't be possible. I am not sure my family would have wanted the stress of having to be the first ones off, etc., but it's nice to know it is possible. Good for you OP for following through with it--I have read it is wonderful! I'm excited about the excursion we chose though so everything still worked out. :)

It looks like our cruise (NCL Jewel) is only in Juneau until 1:00pm. Do you know if there are any boat tours to see the glacier on such a short time in port?

Your only option is if it is offered through the ship.

We are on the Princess NB and get into Juneau at 8:00 am so I didn't even pursue this excursion because I thought it wouldn't be possible. I am not sure my family would have wanted the stress of having to be the first ones off, etc., but it's nice to know it is possible. Good for you OP for following through with it--I have read it is wonderful! I'm excited about the excursion we chose though so everything still worked out. :)

Honestly, it is not like you are fighting to get off the ship. You just have to be ready by 7:45 or so to exit the ship. I think there were 10 people in front of me in line to get off.

Your only option is if it is offered through the ship.

OK I figured it out. Didn't realize the small boat tour from the ship left at 1:115pm, so now we have plenty of time to do other things in the morning. But my goodness so pricy!!

• 1 month later...

Did Adventure Bound mention the odds this year of getting all the way to Tracy Arm Fjord In late may , early June? Just not sure if it's worth all the time if we don't get all the way to the end.

So does anyone know if it's been as cold this winter as it usually is in Alaska or has this been a more milder winter then last year when they didn't get to the end until Mid July to get an upclose view of the glacier?

Jimbo:)

Thank you!! I knew we wanted to do this tour the next time we went to Alaska so I'm glad we were able to booked this tour!

Did Adventure Bound mention the odds this year of getting all the way to Tracy Arm Fjord In late may , early June? Just not sure if it's worth all the time if we don't get all the way to the end.

So does anyone know if it's been as cold this winter as it usually is in Alaska or has this been a more milder winter then last year when they didn't get to the end until Mid July to get an upclose view of the glacier?

Jimbo:)

They did not mention it when I booked the tour but I didn't ask either. Give them a call they are super nice!