PH suite on small ships to remove tubs

alexandra cruiser

This reminds me of where some here announced that all the R ships would be converted over to the new restaurant configuration. Well, that was well over a year ago, that rumor went viral and none have been converted yet! A couple of months ago, I was told that decision has not been made as to which, if any, will actually be converted now! We'll know when they come out of dry dock converted.

But - AFAIK, none of the "other" R ships have been to dry dock since the "conversion" on Sirena and this is where this would happen.

Let's see what happens after the next R ship dry dock. It may well be that it won't happen if O is getting a predominantly negative feedback about Sirena.

But - AFAIK, none of the "other" R ships have been to dry dock since the "conversion" on Sirena and this is where this would happen.

Let's see what happens after the next R ship dry dock. It may well be that it won't happen if O is getting a predominantly negative feedback about Sirena.

Hope it does happen, as we do not use the tubs and having a large shower would be great. Much easier to get in and out also.

acc.to her, the Insignia went into drydock on Jan 4 and tubs NOT REMOVED.Then Regatta will go May 2017, and not sure WHAT will happen then. Called O again and switched to another agent who AGAIN said, had NOT heard of this and would contact Hotel Management and get back to me. Will let you know. Wonder why the O rep on Regatta was informed of this and told the lecture hall, but not one else has heard of it?? This rep even double checked that I WAS on the ship then and asked for O rep name. Keeps getting stranger and stranger.PS, as said,the reason why I m so insistent on info is that I must make a final payment in Feb.for Insignia and wanted to know FOR SURE about this.So sounds like its ok on that ship for now,since really doubt they d do another drydock by July.

Hope it does happen, as we do not use the tubs and having a large shower would be great. Much easier to get in and out also.

Again - I suggest you pay a bit more attention when quoting people.

The post you are quoting was in response to pinotlover (#50) and both of us were discussing the change in restaurants on Sirena (Tuscan Steak & Red Ginger) and whether this would happen on the other R ships.

Nothing to do about tubs and showers in these 2 posts (#50 & #51).

I understand your feelings about tub vs shower - just not why you are quoting me in your post.

Edited by Paulchili

it would be interesting to know if the Insigna comes out of dry dock with the new restaurant configurations.

Maybe someone onboard will comment

The deck plans still show Toscana & Polo but maybe they were not updated after the recent drydock

Maybe someone onboard will comment

The deck plans still show Toscana & Polo but maybe they were not updated after the recent drydock

I just made specialty reservation for our Insignia cruise in a couple of months and it was for Polo & Toscana.

I have posted on their current WC roll call whether the dry dock was this January or January 2018.

this yr. So over with already. But with the conflicting info I ve gotten lately, you just never know.

From people currently onboard:

Insignia spent 2 days in Freeport - nobody knows for sure what was done but obviously it was NOT a dry dock.

Hence - no changes in BRs or restaurants.

thanks for that update. Am STILL waiting for contact from O Hotel Management, who O phone rep. would KNOW and get back to me. 2days ago.If anyone else has ideas about a final answer, let me know. I m about at my wit s end. Perhaps SHaron M. the Regatta O rep.who told the audience will chime in, no one besides HER seems to know anything.:confused:

thanks for that update. Am STILL waiting for contact from O Hotel Management, who O phone rep. would KNOW and get back to me. 2days ago.If anyone else has ideas about a final answer, let me know. I m about at my wit s end. Perhaps SHaron M. the Regatta O rep.who told the audience will chime in, no one besides HER seems to know anything.:confused:

What ship are you sailing on & when?

If you are going to be so stressed maybe cancel & book a ship you are certain has a tub

It is obviously something that will ruin your cruise

From people currently onboard:

Insignia spent 2 days in Freeport - nobody knows for sure what was done but obviously it was NOT a dry dock.

Hence - no changes in BRs or restaurants.

Maybe they did a good clean & refurbish some of the soft goods for the RTW cruisers :confused:

I ve already purchased air and nonrefundable. Final payment is Feb 26 ,so have till then.

Did hear back from O supervisor who said they contacted Hotel Management and looking into it,may take a few days.

I ll TRY to be patient till then.

It just seems odd no one else heard this, about 200 people were at the lecture.Guess it didn't effect them.

Not trying to make a BIG THING out of this and it could have been dealt with so simply. I take no pleasure "in beating a dead horse" so to speak.

Alexandra, I sympathize. It's obvious that this is very important to you. While I am one who prefers the tub as well, it's not a deal breaker for me (as it clearly is for you) even though I find the tub very helpful when my knees are acting up. There's nothing like soaking in epsom salts for relief!

Too bad about the non-refundable air although if you do cancel you still might be able to use it. We're in a similar situation -- we cancelled our April 10th cruise on Marina which involved not a non-refundable air fare home from Lisbon but has a hefty change fee. So we're just going to do our land trip in Portugal independently and wait to cruise until the fall. I know that isn't always an option!

Good luck on hearing from the hotel management soon. I seem to recall that when they first announced the changeover on the "R" ships starting with Sirena it was stated that for Regatta, Insignia and Nautica it would happen when they next went into drydock. It sounded like a done deal to me. Maybe they are rethinking it.

Mura

the ticket is on Icelandair, so no use for it unless going there. Plus, its business class and would lose 2,000. Decided if it does change before July, will just deal with it,but NOT like it. Just too much money to lose right now.

Thank God I have Marina booked next and no prob.there.

Sure market research was done,just didn't ask ME.Or many of posters here.

Even got a new Scenic Ocean cruise brochure, and only owner suites had tubs,and for BIG BUCKS ,I might add. Sadly, seems to be wave of the future.

the ticket is on Icelandair, so no use for it unless going there. Plus, its business class and would lose 2,000. Decided if it does change before July, will just deal with it,but NOT like it. Just too much money to lose right now.

So you think they will be removing the tubs during the World cruise ?

The RTW ends July 6th the next cruise on Insignia starts July 6th

What a lot of angst for nothing :eek:

So you think they will be removing the tubs during the World cruise ?

The RTW ends July 6th the next cruise on Insignia starts July 6th

What a lot of angst for nothing :eek:

LOL, tell us how you really feel about it.

I guess for shower people it's hard to understand. I do know that when we bought our last 3 houses not having a tub was a deal breaker for my wife.

I think they're a waste of space, and wish they weren't in the O ships. Obviously someone thought that was what the customers wanted when they were designed, as they do take up quite a bit of real estate.

Now apparently they seem to be thinking the opposite on the R larger rooms.

Just heard from O rep that contacted Hotel Management and they have NOT heard of these plans.Are going to contact Regatta staff to get to bottom of this.Apparently only the O rep.on Regatta is privy to the tub removal?And,if so, did NO ONE else out of the large crowd at lecture hear this?Seems very strange to me.If I hear anymore will let you know.

Can t believe the BIG CHANGE she clearly announced was a mistake?

Even went to her desk and she confirmed it.

Have no real idea about this claim now,just VERY CONFUSED.:confused:

Just heard from O rep that contacted Hotel Management and they have NOT heard of these plans.Are going to contact Regatta staff to get to bottom of this.

Are you sailing on the Regatta in July?

the ticket is on Icelandair, so no use for it unless going there. Plus, its business class and would lose 2,000. Decided if it does change before July, will just deal with it,but NOT like it.

AFAIK Regatta is not doing Iceland unless you are privy to information no one else knows about

so why stress about it

Sorry, if you read my first and many posts prior to this,you will know I m on Insignia in July. The whole mess started on a Regatta ship. \\the O rep on that is one who announced this during lecture. That s why the Regatta staff is going to be contacted, to get to bottom of this.

Also, just to cover all bases and give the best info I can. Contacted the Pres.of O and left a voice mail re this. Also, director of passenger services. If I here any more ,will let any interested parties know.

Those of you not interested, please read other posts.

Sorry, if you read my first and many posts prior to this,you will know I m on Insignia in July.

So why are you stressed about the Regatta ???

Sorry I just do not get get why you are so stressed about something that may happen on the Regatta before your cruise on Insignia :eek:

Moving on

Sorry, if you read my first and many posts prior to this,you will know I m on Insignia in July. The whole mess started on a Regatta ship. \\the O rep on that is one who announced this during lecture. That s why the Regatta staff is going to be contacted, to get to bottom of this.

Also, just to cover all bases and give the best info I can. Contacted the Pres.of O and left a voice mail re this. Also, director of passenger services. If I here any more ,will let any interested parties know.

Those of you not interested, please read other posts.

I have no wish to be unpleasant, and it is obvious that you feel slighted in some way by the possible removal of the tubs, but you are not the only passenger whom Oceania needs to consider and those tubs have been deemed to be a safety hazard for others.

When the lawsuits start coming in from people who tripped getting in or out of the tubs, or better yet, from people who got in and were trapped for a time because they were unable get out, will you still feel that way?

You claim to have a legitimate need to soak in hot water, and a personal preference not to use the outdoor hot tubs. Is it truly your opinion that such a preference should come before the safety of your shipmates?

I'll differ a tad with you, Jim. Bear in mind my bias for tubs as well!

I well understand that some passengers -- maybe even MANY or most passengers -- can have difficulty getting in and out of the tubs. I'm certainly not arguing with that.

But I have to say that when we had rough weather on Sirena in October I definitely felt unsafe in that huge shower that had been put in the VS in place of the old jacuzzi (which I admit I loved in days gone by). Maybe if there were more hand holds in the shower I wouldn't have felt so leery, but there was one surge when I wasn't close to a handhold and I definitely came close to falling. When in port or when sailing conditions were serene it was not a problem at all.

Of course, I don't know how large the showers will be in the PH cabins but the PH bathrooms are large enough that there could be a similar problem depending on the sailing conditions.

I am also someone who is not necessarily desirous of being able to soak in the tub. But there are times when I really do NEED to soak my arthritic knees. I'm guessing that Alexandra may have a similar problem.

Then again, maybe her first question should be: when is Insignia due for her next drydock? If it's not before next July, she doesn't have a problem ... at least not for this next cruise.

Mura

I'll differ a tad with you, Jim. Bear in mind my bias for tubs as well!

I well understand that some passengers -- maybe even MANY or most passengers -- can have difficulty getting in and out of the tubs. I'm certainly not arguing with that.

But I have to say that when we had rough weather on Sirena in October I definitely felt unsafe in that huge shower that had been put in the VS in place of the old jacuzzi (which I admit I loved in days gone by). Maybe if there were more hand holds in the shower I wouldn't have felt so leery, but there was one surge when I wasn't close to a handhold and I definitely came close to falling. When in port or when sailing conditions were serene it was not a problem at all.

Of course, I don't know how large the showers will be in the PH cabins but the PH bathrooms are large enough that there could be a similar problem depending on the sailing conditions.

I am also someone who is not necessarily desirous of being able to soak in the tub. But there are times when I really do NEED to soak my arthritic knees. I'm guessing that Alexandra may have a similar problem.

Then again, maybe her first question should be: when is Insignia due for her next drydock? If it's not before next July, she doesn't have a problem ... at least not for this next cruise.

Mura

Sorry Mura but you're looking at the World through Rose colored bathtubs again :D

Those Vista Suite jacuzzi tubs were EXTREMELY difficult to enter and exit, and the best thing that O ever did with the R ships was to relegate those giant, deep monstrosities to a 1990's museum.

LOL, I seem to remember that their taps were brass-

So yesterday