Laundry in sink, Starbucks gift cards

Hi all, I'm new here but could really use some help.

If I wanted to do laundry in the sink, what do I need besides detergent? I read that we need the flat circle rubber stopper, a clothes line to somehow string up, and binder clips for hanging. Can someone confirm the sink stopper needed for RCCL harmony of the Seas?

Also for Harmony, do you know if Starbucks takes gifthe cards?

Thank you so much for your time! Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. :)

RaChelle

You don't need detergent. The all in one goop in the shower works great. There should be a clothesline in there as well. No need for clothes pins either.

Only the ships that have a Starbucks franchise( kiosk/ venue) take the GC. Any ship that just serves SB does not.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We took Tide packets on our 14 day cruise on Indy. Didn't need anything else besides those. The sink stopper worked and we rolled the clothes in towels to get excess water out, then hung them on the hanger hooks out on the balcony chairs to dry quickly. We had an aft corner so it was huge, but we put the chairs right by the door so we could watch and make sure things didn't go flying away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We took Tide packets on our 14 day cruise on Indy. Didn't need anything else besides those. The sink stopper worked and we rolled the clothes in towels to get excess water out, then hung them on the hanger hooks out on the balcony chairs to dry quickly. We had an aft corner so it was huge, but we put the chairs right by the door so we could watch and make sure things didn't go flying away!

I'm glad that if thing did fly away, you didn't jump into the ocean after them!

You don't need detergent. The all in one goop in the shower works great. There should be a clothesline in there as well. No need for clothes pins either.

Only the ships that have a Starbucks franchise( kiosk/ venue) take the GC. Any ship that just serves SB does not.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree about shower soap works fine. Not all ships have a clothes line in the shower, though; however, haven't sailed on the Harmony so not sure. Oasis did not have a line in our cabin.

Clothes pins work well to anchor stuff on chairs on the balcony, or to clip to a clothes hanger and hang in cabin.

You won't need the rubber stopper, the drain plug on the faucet I found works fine. On the Harmony there are no cloths lines like in older ships so you will have to find a way to hang your clothing. I take inflatable hangers and a few hanging clothespins. For soap i use Campsuds. It is a concentrated soap so a little goes a long way.

I have one those suction cup clotheslines but they seem to always fail on me. After rolling my clothes in a towel to remove excess moisture I just find places to hang them.

Shak

https://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Dawn-Campsuds-Purpose-Cleaner/dp/B001ANXJVI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485261978&sr=8-1&keywords=campsuds

If you blot the clothing after washing, then you can hang on any hanger, somewhere in the cabin. This method will work fine for swimsuits, lingerie, and some gym clothing. I never tried it with any "street clothes" . The cruise line discourages using the balcony to dry clothing, so if you do, use some sort of chair clip to make sure the clothing does not blow away.

Depending in what you need to wash, you may want to consider the laundry services.

enjoy

m

Does anyone have a link to laundry prices on ship if we decide NOT to mess with this? We are trying to figure this out too, but I am starting to think it might just be worth it to pay for the on-ship laundry services. Anyone know price info?

Does anyone have a link to laundry prices on ship if we decide NOT to mess with this? We are trying to figure this out too, but I am starting to think it might just be worth it to pay for the on-ship laundry services. Anyone know price info?

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/LaundryPriceList.pdf

There is also a wash and FOLD specials on board. I have fold in bold because your clothes are only folded after washing, no pressing.

Shak

The sink isn't that big....so I would only rinse lightweight/small items. WHERE you dry them, depends on how much hand washing you do. I hang damp swimsuits on a hanger and hang that from the air vent in the cabin. Dries much faster than in the bathroom!

One tip for detergent is to pour some at home in a travel shampoo bottle. Works perfect, takes very little space and cheaper than buying the Tide packets (which will be messy because you will only use a little bit at a time in the sink).

We regularly wash undies and a few other garments (typically the dri-fit type shirts) in the sink and hang them on our balcony chairs to dry. It's best to use a beach towel type clip (can buy at dollar store).

Edited by tropiclvrs

We roll our laundry in towels to get rid of any excess water so that they are no longer dripping. Then we place them on hangers which we put on magnetic hooks attached to the ceiling near the A/C outlet. These hooks are also good for hanging items on the wall, tacking up schedules, etc. We get ours from Lee Valley, where they come in three different sizes and strength of magnet.

09A0495s10.jpg

Edited by Fouremco

For detergent - just use a couple drops of shampoo which already has degreasing agents works great.

For fabric softener - a couple of drops of hair conditioner is an excellent substitute.

Having been a Textile Science major in college I know all sorts of handy tricks.

Edited by xxoocruiser

That is so sad some of the ships did not put in the shower clothes line. I loved it so much, I had my husband put one in our master bathroom shower.

We always take a travel clothes line like the one below. Three different attachment option (suction cup, velcro straps or snap fastener), and the braided rubber line requires no clothes pins.

6e62a1b8-6436-4bde-8395-acb3737c3c3c_1000.jpg

Hi all, I'm new here but could really use some help.

If I wanted to do laundry in the sink, what do I need besides detergent? I read that we need the flat circle rubber stopper, a clothes line to somehow string up, and binder clips for hanging. Can someone confirm the sink stopper needed for RCCL harmony of the Seas?

I want to say I've seen the wash and fold special for around $25/bag but others may have more recent prices.

Given that this is about the price of two drinks these days I'd be inclined to just pay for the service if they happen to offer that special, and have everything come back nice, clean, and folded.

What size rubber sink stopper is appropriate? Not a problem to bring one. I also buy a travel size bottle of Woolite at my local target for a quick hand wash of a few items. I have not been on a cruise but relied on my daughter to give me some hints. I have 25 lb rated magnetic hooks, a bungee clothesline and big clips for balcony chairs. Plus, I am not adverse to paying for laundry services.

We brought a 2oz bottle of dr bronners soap with us for washing. I don't soak things in the sink so I didn't care if the water drained slowly.

However nothing ever dried. We were on adventure with the line and it never got better than damp. Even using my method that has worked on many ships and hotel rooms, hanging them in the closet and leaving the door open, didn't work. We don't have clips so we didn't use the balcony method.