AIBP Not For Us

GRAYTech

I got the AIBP once, as an experiment. Never again. I found myself drinking far more than usual, just to get my money's worth. At the end of the evening, i'd pick up a night-cap because I could. When I got home, I weighed in. I gained 11 pounds in 7 days! Lost most of it quickly but, oh my!

I will stick with my mimosa for breakfast, martini before dinner, wine with dinner and my soda card diet-cokes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had full use of the AIBP and didn't gain any weight. Stayed fit and healthy by the gym and walking. And by quantity most of the drinks were non alcoholic.

Hmmm... Gym... Gym... I know I've heard of that somewhere...

Oh! You mean exercise! GAH! It would make me spill my drink!!

Actually most exercise is very painful for me. I know it's good for one but I'm allergic to pain and already have quite enough. We walk. And walk. And walk some more. We walked enough and used the stairs enough that I gained zero pounds on our last two cruises and one of those was 17 days. I drank plenty (plus some!) and didn't gain weight. I guess walking is considered exercise but it doesn't cause me to spill my drink so... :D

Hmmm... Gym... Gym... I know I've heard of that somewhere...

Oh! You mean exercise! GAH! It would make me spill my drink!!

Actually most exercise is very painful for me. I know it's good for one but I'm allergic to pain and already have quite enough. We walk. And walk. And walk some more. We walked enough and used the stairs enough that I gained zero pounds on our last two cruises and one of those was 17 days. I drank plenty (plus some!) and didn't gain weight. I guess walking is considered exercise but it doesn't cause me to spill my drink so... :D

Hate to break it to you..... walking is exercise.

A port intensive itinerary is like a gold mine for Princess if passengers purchase the AIBP. They must really love that. ) We have it for a 14 day cruise next year that only has 4 sea days. We got it as a perk - as I have said, we won't ever pay for it - but anybody who did buy it for the cruise is almost certain to come out behind financially.

Or falling down drunk the days you are on the ship. :D

Why would you worry about the bill at the end if you know it'll be less without the package?

I don't 'get it'. And where's the convenience? With or without the package, everything is 'automatic' - all you do is show your card; you don't even sign a chit anymore.

Here enters the exact reason for issuing the Medallions in the near future. They'll make it so easy to get a drink you won't even have the worry of taking out your card any longer. :D

So with the AIBP do they still swipe your card or just look at it?

They do both and in the dining rooms they make you sign also - They say it's for 'inventory' but I think it's a check to see it isn't being misused as nowhere else do they do this on the ship.