Sapphire - D736 or C748?

phabric

D736 is going to be brighter including in cabin with a big balcony and a wide vista view and a bit lower, nearer the sea.

C748 is a wake view, big balcony, less of a vista and cabin quieter, marginally and more private including balcony.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I would take C748. There is no contest for me. I love the aft-facing balcony. Please note that, on the deck plans, D736 has the following note:

Special Notes:

NON-STANDARD LAYOUT TWIN BEDS ONLY/ SHOWER ONLY/NO TUB/ NO SINK VANITY

We have been in both locations, and possibly in D736 on the Sapphire, I can't remember the cabin number but it was the last cabin with the larger balcony. It was huge, we loved it. We didn't like the true aft cabin, it lacked light due to the overhang of the balcony and the balcony felt cave like. We also felt like we were missing something facing backwards, weird I know. We decided that a true aft cabin just isn't for us. We do like the aft location so now we try to get the last cabin on the side of the ship if it's available.

Happy Cruising!

Sent from my D6708 using Forums mobile app

Dolphin deck non-standard mini. Our favorite mini!! What a surprise when we got to the end of the hall and hadn't found our cabin yet.

Hawaii%20one%20008_zpskq0yi5fs.jpg

Turn the corner (the door is the one with the balloons):

Hawaii%20one%20009_zps8zzs7xwy.jpg

Set up with twin beds. Entry door on the left. Bathroom door straight ahead.

Hawaii%20one%20018_zps3a9lpntc.jpg

Changed to queen:

Hawaii%20one%20028_zps1r1xtpr3.jpg

to be continued

Edited by JF - retired RRT

On the Sapphire it shows D736/D737 as a Premium Balcony. Normal balcony cabins do not have a sofa only mini suites.

I know that the mini suites balcony on Dolphin are not covered. What about D736 on the Sapphire?

Twin beds is not a problem as I will need twin beds, no problem for only shower.

I have had C753 aft facing the wake on other ships and really enjoyed the balcony and don't mind see what has passed.

I have been in R746 on the Caribbean, last cabin on port side. The door is in the middle of the wall, when you enter you see the bed and the cabin is spread out on either side of the bed so the cabin seems very big with an angled balcony. Other balcony cabin doors opens at the end of the cabin and you came in facing the balcony.

I will doing the Norwegian Fjords and would like to have balcony coverage encase of bad weather.