New Latitude Tiers

TheDougOut

Well - boarding on 2/5 and NCL is providing multiple answers about the 9 month multiplier. So, until we see it in writing on NCL's site OR someone returns after boarding after 2/3...we may just have to wait to see and hope that NCL will 'do the right thing'. Happy sailing!!

Where are you seeing multiple answers? All I've seen is their FB posts confirming that cruises booked prior to 2/3/2017 will be eligible for the extra point bonus.

This statement clarified that's it's not just for 2017 cruises...

e76047e478a7a439953e3084ca604cbf.jpg

And one other about the emails...

dbccec87e8028889672d06504c9d6d44.jpg

And this is being handed out onboard, which appears (even though it's cutoff) to offer similar language about the extra point...

114fe74001199868a08dea87bccf1973.jpg

Edited by TheDougOut

9697c37b02d4a7a733f806066c6dcf7e.jpg

I'm adding this picture because technically someone from NCL put it writing. This could help in making them honor. They repeatedly posted this on their FB site.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

they should post that on the website..why are only seem to honor that based on a facebook post and not their website.

they should post that on the website..why are only seem to honor that based on a facebook post and not their website.

You are 100% correct and have nailed down my big complaint about how NCL has handled the roll out of their new loyalty program.

NCL should not have adopted the government's "duck and cover" method of announcing something on a Friday so they won't have to answer questions till Monday.

You are 100% correct and have nailed down my big complaint about how NCL has handled the roll out of their new loyalty program.

NCL should not have adopted the government's "duck and cover" method of announcing something on a Friday so they won't have to answer questions till Monday.

They were actively answering questions on FB on Friday, for whatever that's worth.

They were actively answering questions on FB on Friday, for whatever that's worth.

Doug

The problem with FB is many people (like myself) do not use it for safety & security (both electronic and personal) reasons.

John

The problem with FB is many people (like myself) do not use it for safety & security (both electronic and personal) reasons.

Understood - I was just making a comment that they were actively trying to address questions about the new program. Even if you don't have access to the source, there were many people sharing that information elsewhere.

I wonder if they weren't prepared to release the info until the 3rd, but then accelerated the rollout once someone leaked the brochure.

You're not "just sayin" you are "smarmin".

I emailed my senior executive contacts as soon as I had enough info to know what extra information I needed. I received an "auto reply" advising me of the Executive Committee was at a conference but giving me an emergency email of a subordinate. But, I did not get that info until after 5 pm EST.

Too bad. Don't you have direct cell numbers or an email that gets answered after 5pm available to you? If not, perhaps you will get better access later.

Where did you get this information (about it having to be the very next cruise that you take after 700 points)? It sounds pretty dubious to me.

I read it in the fine print. I will go back and see if I can find it.

Lois

Well there goes my savings! Called my PCC today and booked two 7-day cruises, both 9 months out so we will get the double points on them. I also asked about the possibility of moving from Silver to Gold since we would have under the old tier system. Our PCC said that you would have to ask Guest Relations on the cruise ship. She said it was likely that they would honor it but she couldn't guarantee it. It was good enough for us. I can't wait til November!!!

Too bad. Don't you have direct cell numbers or an email that gets answered after 5pm available to you? If not, perhaps you will get better access later.

Funny you should mention after hours phone numbers.

But, then, you're a funny guy...

I had "an Irish connection" with Kevin Sheehan and could reach him. His Georgian Manse in Eire is about 20 miles from my "Ma's" home town.

Edited by Uniall

Many companies make their announcements on Friday and at the same time, they advise their staff of the changes, so that they will be ready to answer questions on Monday morning...they are not duck and covering, just doing business like many companies do.

Well there goes my savings! Called my PCC today and booked two 7-day cruises, both 9 months out so we will get the double points on them. I also asked about the possibility of moving from Silver to Gold since we would have under the old tier system. Our PCC said that you would have to ask Guest Relations on the cruise ship. She said it was likely that they would honor it but she couldn't guarantee it. It was good enough for us. I can't wait til November!!!

Be sure to check the February Latitude specials. If your itineraries are included you should be able to cancel and rebook and get triple points if you book prior to February 3rd.

Many companies make their announcements on Friday and at the same time, they advise their staff of the changes, so that they will be ready to answer questions on Monday morning...they are not duck and covering, just doing business like many companies do.

Any company that uses that model to publish a new program is in "duck and cover mode" even IF they advised the staff, weekends are non staffed or short staffed.

But, I can tell you from personal knowledge that's not what happened at NCL The only department open on weekends are the Miami & Mesa reservation units. They were (and are) totally blind sided. They were like deer in the head lamps. Some giving conflicting info, others making up answers, others refusing to say anything etc etc.

I have said this since the first page of this post. The info was leaked. No one from NCL expected this to be out in the public. Their reaction, and then release of information AFTER THE FACT shows that they were scrambling to make something that slipped out look planned. Nothing anyone can do, just deal with it as best you can, and make it work for you as best you can (if you need to book by 2/3).

Be sure to check the February Latitude specials. If your itineraries are included you should be able to cancel and rebook and get triple points if you book prior to February 3rd.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. I'm doubtful the cruise we chose would be an insider offer. I would feel a little guilty taking advantage of that deal too. :o

Any company that uses that model to publish a new program is in "duck and cover mode" even IF they advised the staff, weekends are non staffed or short staffed.

But, I can tell you from personal knowledge that's not what happened at NCL The only department open on weekends are the Miami & Mesa reservation units. They were (and are) totally blind sided. They were like deer in the head lamps. Some giving conflicting info, others making up answers, others refusing to say anything etc etc.

Not quite correct, I called and asked a question yesterday (as others did on Facebook) and the person I spoke with (and the one on Facebook) was aware of the changes and answered my question, so not everyone was totally blindsided, maybe just those you spoke to.

Sorry you were so inconvenience by this, but it does seem like not everyone had your experience.

Edited by NLH Arizona

they could of just copy/paste those questions on facebook and put up a new page called FAQ so its easier to find answers to these questions. never everyone has/uses facebook

they could of just copy/paste those questions on facebook and put up a new page called FAQ so its easier to find answers to these questions. never everyone has/uses facebook

I agree; I don't use Facebook and am sure that if NCL have been answering questions there there are two real possibilities open to them

Start a special Q&A page on their website that includes 'cut & paste' from Facebook.

Start a Q&A thread on here and do the same.

Agreed... and maybe the clarifications will be introduced into the Terms and Conditions at some point. I suspect there may be some red tape involved in updating the official terms.

Regardless - there are always going to be questions when a new policy is rolled out. I, too, was provided answers to my questions from a PCC, which was inline with the information NCL was posting on FB.

9697c37b02d4a7a733f806066c6dcf7e.jpg

I'm adding this picture because technically someone from NCL put it writing. This could help in making them honor. They repeatedly posted this on their FB site.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

hmmm, not being picky but curious. This states for 2017 cruises booked before Feb. 3, 2017 the additional point will still apply.

What about 2018 cruises that are booked before Feb. 3, 2017? Will I still get the additional points?

Reason I ask, we have a b2b cruise booked for 2018 and half way through the second cruise we will have enough days for Platinum if we get the additional points. If not, then we will be 8 short after our b2b.