AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

6 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

Thanks.  I got the e-mail just a few minutes ago and it doesn't work for me.  That's the second time this has happened.

Meanwhile, thanks to Cabo Bob.  That one worked.

I wonder why!! That’s odd. 
EDIT: saw you figured it out! Glad!!

Edited by MeganGC1983

13 hours ago, CABO BOB said:

Top of the Mornin to Ya'all got me a southern drawl...Tip of the hat to Saint Greg for that awesome code it put me in the exploring mode. Hemmed and hawed yither and to, till I came up with a code for you. I owe this to Greg and that is true but I have a code worth 10,000 points to You. Sooo with no further Ado here is the code for Youuu....

ANNIVERSARY10K

So there you go, what can I say, Have a very, very, Very Nice Day!!!

Cabo Bob

Very Nice!!!  

Thanks Cabo Bob!!

13 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

Follow up.

I went to the link in the e-mail to enter the code.  Got the oops message.

After seeing it here I logged into my All State account, entered it then, and it worked just fine.

Did you remember to go back and do the other one that didn't work, too?

I wonder what the anniversary10k code is for. I got the anniversary5k code for my 3-year anniversary with Allstate Rewards, even though it kind of seems like it would be for 5 years (5k). So maybe the 10k code is for 5 years? Don't mind me, I'm just contemplating useless stuff out loud.

I'm going to resist using the 10k code because when the time comes that I actually earn it, I'll forget that I used it. Then I'll just be disappointed that it didn't work. If I forego using it now, I'm preserving the surprise. LOL

Dear future OC,

You'll thank me later.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I wonder what the anniversary10k code is for. I got the anniversary5k code for my 3-year anniversary with Allstate Rewards, even though it kind of seems like it would be for 5 years (5k). So maybe the 10k code is for 5 years? Don't mind me, I'm just contemplating useless stuff out loud.

I'm going to resist using the 10k code because when the time comes that I actually earn it, I'll forget that I used it. Then I'll just be disappointed that it didn't work. If I forego using it now, I'm preserving the surprise. LOL

Dear future OC,

You'll thank me later.

Oh you dummy. Use it now or lose it. Otherwise it might be no longer valid when you do decide to use it. Strike while the iron is hot. [edit to add: I got your back!]

Edited by Joe817

43 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Oh you dummy. Use it now or lose it. Otherwise it might be no longer valid when you do decide to use it. Strike while the iron is hot. [edit to add: I got your back!]

OC.....have to agree with Joe.  You never know, maybe Allstate Rewards will go down the path that AARP did and you'll need those points, but I know...how can you spend half a million points?

9 hours ago, Joe817 said:

8 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

OC.....have to agree with Joe.  You never know, maybe Allstate Rewards will go down the path that AARP did and you'll need those points, but I know...how can you spend half a million points?

Yeah, at our current rate, we have enough points to last us 15 years or more.

Oh man, if I do it, future OC is going to be so ticked at me. I can't handle all this peer pressure. 🤪

**future OC enters the code and gets the error message**

tenor.gif?itemid=11123316

• Haha 2

I’m going to order our’s for our Jan. sailing here pretty quick. I was kinda waiting to see how the restart goes. IF drastic things happen and Carnival goes belly up like some doom and gloomers have said... those will be expensive garbage. Makes me kinda nervous. 

21 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’m going to order our’s for our Jan. sailing here pretty quick. I was kinda waiting to see how the restart goes. IF drastic things happen and Carnival goes belly up like some doom and gloomers have said... those will be expensive garbage. Makes me kinda nervous. 

I don't believe they'll file for bankruptcy. Arnold Donald said they secured loans to keep everything going until November, if necessary. That was taken care of back in April, so they began prepping early. Personally, I think they'll be back before then, but if by some chance they're not, I think they can get additional financial backing if they have to. They're the largest cruise line in the world, and cruising will return, so I don't see them going anywhere. We cruise in early January and I'm very optimistic it'll happen.

Oy vey, the forum has erupted into complete chaos again. 🤦‍♂️

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I don't believe they'll file for bankruptcy. Arnold Donald said they secured loans to keep everything going until November, if necessary. That was taken care of back in April, so they began prepping early. Personally, I think they'll be back before then, but if by some chance they're not, I think they can get additional financial backing if they have to. They're the largest cruise line in the world, and cruising will return, so I don't see them going anywhere. We cruise in early January and I'm very optimistic it'll happen.

Oy vey, the forum has erupted into complete chaos again. 🤦‍♂️

Indeed. I keep going back and forth. I see outlandish posts and think maybe I just enjoy cruising so much that I won’t let myself fathom that they could go bankrupt. I’m with you though. They will hang... but $900 is $900. Thankful to have AllState points that save some $$!

41 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Indeed. I keep going back and forth. I see outlandish posts and think maybe I just enjoy cruising so much that I won’t let myself fathom that they could go bankrupt. I’m with you though. They will hang... but $900 is $900. Thankful to have AllState points that save some $$!

Read an article  that Carnival is selling six of their ships.  There were no details about which ones.  It was from a podcast with Arnold.  

• Like 1

Feels like Christmas in June with all the new codes! Thanks everyone! I believe the Carnival cruisers here are getting a little excited. I know I am, in about six weeks the ships will again be leaving the docks! You really don't realize how much you miss it until they shut down. 

Have a Wonderful Weekend, Bob 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Read an article  that Carnival is selling six of their ships.  There were no details about which ones.  It was from a podcast with Arnold.  

Don't get to hung up on that.  It is Carnival Corporation, so they could be any combination of Princess, Holland America, Seabourn, P&O, Costa, Aida or Cunard ships.