AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

Hey everyone! 

When Allstate cards go out of stock, about how long on average is it before they get more?

Sorry if this has been posted before. My now wife and I cruised on the Legend back in 2010 and we’ve got a trip booked on the Breeze with our almost 6 year old, and an 18 month old (at the time of cruising) - so I haven’t been active on here for a long time. When I saw this I thought it would be a great way to save some money!

2 minutes ago, footballfu45 said:

Hey everyone! 

When Allstate cards go out of stock, about how long on average is it before they get more?

Sorry if this has been posted before. My now wife and I cruised on the Legend back in 2010 and we’ve got a trip booked on the Breeze with our almost 6 year old, and an 18 month old (at the time of cruising) - so I haven’t been active on here for a long time. When I saw this I thought it would be a great way to save some money!

Well hello, fellow Arlingtonite!! Yes it IS a great way to save some, or a lot! Several people pay for their entire cruise, using discounted Carnival gift cards and they save a lot. We save some, by getting a few and applying to our Sail & Sign account. 

As far as when Allstate will get a restock, it's anybody's guess.....from a few days to a few weeks. They go very quickly now that AARP has gone to their new fulfillment company, and not satisfactory to me at all. 

3 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Well hello, fellow Arlingtonite!! Yes it IS a great way to save some, or a lot! Several people pay for their entire cruise, using discounted Carnival gift cards and they save a lot. We save some, by getting a few and applying to our Sail & Sign account. 

As far as when Allstate will get a restock, it's anybody's guess.....from a few days to a few weeks. They go very quickly now that AARP has gone to their new fulfillment company, and not satisfactory to me at all. 

We pay the entire cruise balance with the gift cards. I use them for the deposits and the entire fare. I also take them on the ship with me to use for my on-board spending. It's nice saving $500 +/- on each cruise. After a few cruises, you've paid for another cruise just in savings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, footballfu45 said:

Hey everyone! 

Nobody here really knows.  For the last year or so, they have always been in stock.  The last week was the first time they started going out of stock.  Since this coincides with wave season, and Allstate is the main place to get cards, there is probably quite  a demand. 

11 minutes ago, rukkian said:

Nobody here really knows.  For the last year or so, they have always been in stock.  The last week was the first time they started going out of stock.  Since this coincides with wave season, and Allstate is the main place to get cards, there is probably quite  a demand. 

I think the only wave is the wave of people who came here after fleeing AARP Rewards. 😜 From late 2018 until a few days ago, the cards were always in stock. Even through the 2019 peak cruising season and with Deluxe Rewards also supplying AARP until Sept., 2019. Before that, it was a different story. Demand for these cards seemed to decline for some reason last year. Either that or Deluxe Rewards upped their stock. But I doubt they expected this influx of new members.

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Thanks! 

I guess I should update my location. We’re back in MO now after having taken a job transfer to TX for a few years! A small piece of me will always miss Texas. Looking forward to a short business trip to the dfw area this week.

Edited by footballfu45

23 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I think the only wave is the wave of people who came here after fleeing AARP Rewards. 😜 From late 2018 until a few days ago, the cards were always in stock. Even through the 2019 peak cruising season and with Deluxe Rewards also supplying AARP until Sept., 2019. Before that, it was a different story. Demand for these cards seemed to decline for some reason last year. Either that or Deluxe Rewards upped their stock. But I doubt they expected this influx of new members.

Wave season is a term for january - may, which is one of the most popular times of the year to book a cruise, this means many people are booking for summer, and then need to pay off that cruise pretty quickly.

• Like 1

Anyone know how often the cards get replenished for sale? Just signed up and see they must be sold out. There is Royal Caribbean ones so I think I was at the correct location. Could it be days, weeks, or months to show back up from anyone that may know? 

9 minutes ago, zorky12 said:

Anyone know how often the cards get replenished for sale? Just signed up and see they must be sold out. There is Royal Caribbean ones so I think I was at the correct location. Could it be days, weeks, or months to show back up from anyone that may know? 

The answer is Yes

Could be any of those.

When I went to buy them a couple of days ago (Thursday) they were sold out. They replenished on Friday and I snagged a couple but they were sold out again within a short period of time.  You basically have to stalk the site.

3 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

There's no way to know when they'll restock. The other day they were gone, then back in a couple hours, then gone again that night. Now they've been sold out for 2-3 days. In years past, there were often times when we had to wait a week or two every time. Our only option is to keep checking.

Awesome its like stalking the elusive FTTF ! 

• Like 1

I don't want to sound rude to any of the newcomers who are just getting started with Allstate Rewards, but it would be a good idea to read at least the last few pages of this thread. For one, I regularly post a run-down of how to create an account because people are always asking. Also because people have recently been asking questions that were answered multiple times. Like how long does it take them to restock was just asked and answered a few hours ago on this page. I know long threads suck and no one wants to read them, but since there have been a lot of new people inquiring about Allstate, we've been answering most of the common questions in the last few days.

Again, I hope I'm not coming off as rude, that's not my intentions. This thread has always been a pretty relaxed place, free of the attacks and disruptions that are caused in other threads by the usual suspects on a daily basis. So I mean no offense. We're all here for the same goal, to save money. So welcome to the new users and if you don't see an answer to your question in recent posts, or need more help, by all means ask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, zorky12 said:

Awesome its like stalking the elusive FTTF ! 

Don't get me started on that. 😞 We've been trying to catch one more FTTF for our March cruise. I managed to catch one several months ago around 5:30 in the morning, but this last one is playing hard to get.

I'd also like to say I wasn't aiming my last comment directly at you. Just speaking in general. I hope you're not offended. This really is a pretty calm thread.

13 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Don't get me started on that. 😞 We've been trying to catch one more FTTF for our March cruise. I managed to catch one several months ago around 5:30 in the morning, but this last one is playing hard to get.

I'd also like to say I wasn't aiming my last comment directly at you. Just speaking in general. I hope you're not offended. This really is a pretty calm thread.

Not offended at all. I am not my cell phone and the app isn't the best to try and navigate and read. 

5 minutes ago, oldjetdriver said:

Anyone else having trouble signing into allstaterewards.com  I get "The SAML message is invalid" on my desktop and in the app.

I am having the same problem. I have logged in numerous times but I keep getting the same error. I even tried the app on my phone but no luck.