AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

2 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I deleted the app a long time ago. I just don't appreciate that they won't let us do anything on the app, not even something as simple as accessing our rewards account, without enabling tracking. They don't need to track my location for me to buy a gift card. I'll just wait for the site. Save some cards for me. 😉

Nope.

I don't need them right now, just trying to help others, just in case.  I set the permissions to only allow tracking while it is running

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

I deleted the app a long time ago. I just don't appreciate that they won't let us do anything on the app, not even something as simple as accessing our rewards account, without enabling tracking. I have a thing against apps that demand data that isn't necessary to collect for a feature to function properly. They don't need to track my location for me to buy a gift card. I'll just wait for the site. Save some cards for me. 😉

Nope.

I have tracking on my app and it won't access the website. It just triggers my mobile browser chrome which currently is not working either.

2 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

I have tracking on my app and it won't access the website. It just triggers my mobile browser chrome which currently is not working either.

What I was referring to was just anytime using the app. Not necessarily now when they're having site problems. It forces us to enable GPS tracking just to be able to do anything on the app. Yeah, it needs to be enabled for Drivewise, but we shouldn't be forced to enable it just to login and enter a code or buy a card. There's a lot of apps out there like that. They want access to certain data that isn't necessary for a particular function. They're just data mining. That's a huge pet peeve of mine.

Hmm, I wonder if AARP has anything to do with this. I can see them now...

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

What I was referring to was just anytime using the app. Not necessarily now when they're having site problems. It forces us to enable GPS tracking just to be able to do anything on the app. Yeah, it needs to be enabled for Drivewise, but we shouldn't be forced to enable it just to login and enter a code or buy a card. There's a lot of apps out there like that. They want access to certain data that isn't necessary for a particular function. They're just data mining. That's a huge pet peeve of mine.

Hmm, I wonder if AARP has anything to do with this. I can see them now...

tenor.gif

On my phone the app doesn't really allow me to do anything but turn drivewise on or off. If I try to enter codes  or shop it just triggers my mobile browser. I checked the permissions and it only uses location (for obvious reasons) and storage ( I think to just keep the mapping that I can reference.) No access to contacts or phone or microphone or camera. I just turn it on when I want to get some points and mostly leave it off.

10 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

On my phone the app doesn't really allow me to do anything but turn drivewise on or off. If I try to enter codes  or shop it just triggers my mobile browser.

I wanted to test to see if it'd let me login, so I reinstalled the app...for science. I have iPhone and they've completely changed it since the last time I had it installed. I used to be able to enter promo codes and view/purchase the gift cards directly from the app. Now it redirects to the mobile browser, just as yours does.

But I can't do anything until I enable Location Services (GPS tracking on iPhones). And it forces us to set it to "Always" instead of "While Using the App." I forgot it did that...another big reason I don't like it. To top it off, there's no way to logout of the app once logged in. The only way is to uninstall it.

Wow, they've neutered their app. I mean, I didn't like it before but at least they allowed users to enter codes and buy cards with it. Incidentally, I tried logging in to rewards from Safari and that's a no go.

My app is on a Samsung galaxy S5. Here are a couple screenshots to show you what I can do(not much). I phones may be different? The settings option takes me to second screenshot below.

Screenshot_2020-01-13-22-22-10_1578982997217.png

Screenshot_2020-01-13-22-20-13_1578982997454.png

Edited by n6uqqq

OC or other seasoned purchasers....

When shipped via USPS and/or UPS does the transaction history change.  I purchased 2 $500 cards last Friday.  Credit Card has been charged.  Status is "Pending" and Tracking is "Not available"

If UPS, I assume tracking would change and I would get a notice via UPS as well since I got that app but I wasn't sure about USPS.  

Any words of wisdom?  For USPS, I know it is still early to expect delivery from Friday afternoon but just trying to gauge things as a first time purchaser.

1GaPeach,

I can only offer my current experience. I ordered 2 $500 cards last Wednesday. My CC was charged that day. I have been checking the last several days and the status always said "pending". Just a minute ago, I checked and the status had finally changed to shipped: 1/14/20 (today), but there is still no tracking information available. I am guessing that may become available later today when it actually leaves the building. 

11 minutes ago, thenexus2k said:

1GaPeach,

I can only offer my current experience. I ordered 2 $500 cards last Wednesday. My CC was charged that day. I have been checking the last several days and the status always said "pending". Just a minute ago, I checked and the status had finally changed to shipped: 1/14/20 (today), but there is still no tracking information available. I am guessing that may become available later today when it actually leaves the building. 

Thank you so much for the info.  

all gone again sold out .I did get in once yesterday and got 2 $100. ones so I have what I need now for my whole next cruise in Sept. and money on board so I will just buy my 2 between my husband & I from AARP each month and apply them til June and save for next cruise never know when we wont be able to get them good luck everyone 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Anyone else ever have this issue?

I have two carnival gift cards in my cart, and I'm trying to check out.  I'm at the page where I choose my shipping address, but there's no way to get to the payment page.

Never mind.  The button to continue finally appeared after multiple refreshing.  Weird, but they are ordered!

Note: $500 and $100 cards are in stock

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1GaPeach said:

OC or other seasoned purchasers....

When shipped via USPS and/or UPS does the transaction history change.  I purchased 2 $500 cards last Friday.  Credit Card has been charged.  Status is "Pending" and Tracking is "Not available"

If UPS, I assume tracking would change and I would get a notice via UPS as well since I got that app but I wasn't sure about USPS.  

Any words of wisdom?  For USPS, I know it is still early to expect delivery from Friday afternoon but just trying to gauge things as a first time purchaser.

Since you ordered $1,000, they should be coming UPS. There's been a couple reports where that wasn't the case, but a vast majority of the time, anything over $500 ships UPS and needs a signature.

The processing time at the fulfillment center seems to determine how long it takes for them to get to you. When I order over $500 and they come UPS, they typically come in 3 or 7 days. That's just what I've experienced. The difference being, sometimes the facility processes them immediately, sometimes it takes the a few days. When it takes a few days, my cards take a week to get here. I don't know why they manage to process some orders faster than others. Maybe demand at that time? What you're seeing is normal, they just haven't processed it yet. In all likelihood, you'll get 'em this week.

I haven't ordered cards that came USPS in a long time. Even with them, they typically arrive in a week, give or take. I wish USPS had a system similar to UPS MyChoice. Or at least I don't think they do.

10 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

My app is on a Samsung galaxy S5. Here are a couple screenshots to show you what I can do(not much). I phones may be different? The settings option takes me to second screenshot below.

The iPhone app looks pretty much the same as that now that they've changed it. Except at the top, it displays our total points and a link that says "Redeem Points." But that just opens the browser now.

30 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Note: $500 and $100 cards are in stock

I'm posting this only 30 minutes after yours and they're already sold out again.

2 hours ago, vacationpam said:

so I will just buy my 2 between my husband & I from AARP each month

So AARP does allow us to buy a second card per month using a spousal account, even though both people are on the same membership? I was going to try it, but wasn't sure it'd work.

5 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I'm posting this only 30 minutes after yours and they're already sold out again.

Wow.  Glad I got them when I did.

I need $2200 by my PIF date (end of April) and $1800 more for grats + onboard expenses + excursions.  Looks like I'm going to have to be proactive in hunting these down!

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Anyone else ever have this issue?

I have two carnival gift cards in my cart, and I'm trying to check out.  I'm at the page where I choose my shipping address, but there's no way to get to the payment page.

Had the same problem and I signed out and in then it worked good luck!