Coral Cabins Panama Canal

Turk1

Looking to book Balcony cabin on Coral Princess for Panama Canal. Recommendations for "best" cabin of that type and ship location? Have booked Mini-Suite other cruises on Princess in past and enjoy them. Which would have to largest balcony? Thanks

Looking to book Balcony cabin on Coral Princess for Panama Canal. Recommendations for "best" cabin of that type and ship location? Have booked Mini-Suite other cruises on Princess in past and enjoy them. Which would have to largest balcony? Thanks

Looking forward to seeing answer to this question. Are you planning a balcony or minisuite?

Cat, B1 and B2 on deck 10 have the larger balconies which you should enjoy. Balcony cat cabins on other decks are smaller, but still a nice size, approx. 9'x5'. Note that views of the canal transit are best from the open upper decks where you can walk around and get 360 degree views and narration. To hear narration in your cabin turn on the TV to the proper Princess channel and leave the balcony door open.

Just completed partial transit on Coral. We were in A-214, furthest forward highest deck. It had wrapped deck so we faced port and forward. We liked it. A bit breeze on sea days, but beautiful nonetheless. Not the largest balcony by far. Let me know if you need some pictures and we will upload.

Steve & Vicky

Just completed partial transit on Coral. We were in A-214, furthest forward highest deck. It had wrapped deck so we faced port and forward. We liked it. A bit breeze on sea days, but beautiful nonetheless. Not the largest balcony by far. Let me know if you need some pictures and we will upload.

Steve & Vicky

We were in aloha 209 the first one on the starboard forward on our Panama Canal Cruise. LOVED it! We will ask for it again. As Steve & Vicky said it is a wrapped deck and facing forward. Our room attendant told me it was the very best place to view the canal and he was right.

I have done the Panama Canal twice with Princess, once on the Island and once on the Coral both times my balcony was Baja 422. That worked just right for us because it's close to the elevators and the stairs and it also close to the upper decks where we spend most of our time and it's easy to get to the buffet the grill, and the pizza. And when you hit the Canal you have a choice as to where you want to view the trip thru the locks, because your in the middle of the ship and on the Baja deck to get to the secret door, I'm 62 so it was less walking for me. But I'm sure others will have there favorite too for other reasons also. Pick one that works best for you:)

One thing I forgot to mention just so you know without having to ask the question!!! Yes it is quite in that stateroom, there is no noise from people outside. And you get a real good view from your balcony because your in the bump out section of the ship and the balcony is fully covered so know one is looking down into your balcony from above !!! Baja 422

We prefer the non-bump-out cabins on Aloha because they get both shade and protection from rain. Pick one in the middle of the bump out for maximum view. Note that in the afternoon whatever side is to the west will be so hot you won't be able to use the balcony in the canal. Canal runs north/south, so if you are heading towards the Caribbean in the afternoon then port side is HOT.

Really doesn't matter all that much since you should be moving around the ship during the transit.

We had a cabin on the bump-out .... B439, I think Excellent views!!. The best thing was that it was NOT one with a wraparound balcony, as the ones that the wraparound that face forward are probably not usable when the ship is at sea because of the unrelenting wind created by the ship moving thru the water at 20+ knots. Our next door neighbors on the cruise had one of those and were disappointed about not being able to use the balcony whenever they chose, while we were able to be out there enjoying the views and the sea air a lot.

Cat, B1 and B2 on deck 10 have the larger balconies which you should enjoy. Balcony cat cabins on other decks are smaller, but still a nice size, approx. 9'x5'. Note that views of the canal transit are best from the open upper decks where you can walk around and get 360 degree views and narration. To hear narration in your cabin turn on the TV to the proper Princess channel and leave the balcony door open.

I've read that if you leave the balcony door open, especially when it's hot, it messes up the air condition on your hall. Everybody else will be angry:mad:

Thanks for all the feedback! Right now we're thinking Mini-Suite. We have been on the Golden Caribe Deck and that balcony was great. Larger than others and partially covered. Any balcony cabins on Decks with that size/type balcony?

I've done at least seven Panama Canal cruises and the best place for going through the Canal is out on deck. If you stay on your balcony, you're limited to only one side and won't hear the expert commentary about the history or what you're seeing.

Last March we were in E736, last aft balcony for a partial transit....loved it, the balcony offered wonderful views of the canal and the door to the aft viewing was just outside our cabin. We were up on deck for the transit in and on our balcony and the aft viewing area for the return. From this cabin you really got a feel for just how much the ship falls and rises through each section of the lock, on the way back we were actually able to reach out and touch the wall of the lock, the pictures and videos were amazing.

There are those that say you here the noise from the door and the lounge below, but we did not hear anything, actually the only other person we ever saw on the aft viewing area was our room steward.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Steve & Vicky

Steve & Vicky,

How did you feel the "movement" of the ship in A214 for that cruise? We normally book mid ship, as low as possible. Can't say we've ever gotten sea sick, but have felt queasy on Hawaiian cruises during the crossing.

Just curious as we are looking at booking a similar cruise (Partial transit RT Florida).

Thanks,

Steve & Vicky,

How did you feel the "movement" of the ship in A214 for that cruise? We normally book mid ship, as low as possible. Can't say we've ever gotten sea sick, but have felt queasy on Hawaiian cruises during the crossing.

Just curious as we are looking at booking a similar cruise (Partial transit RT Florida).

Thanks,

Yes we do/did feel the movement but mainly during crossing of the middle of the Caribbean. We like the movement, but one thing about this particular room on this particular cruise. When there was heavy movement this room had some creaks and pops that were a little annoying in the middle of the night.

We are still debating where the best spot is; forward or middle currently. Guess we will have to take many many more trips gathering data to find that sweet spot. :)

Hope this helps

Steve & Vicky

Yes we do/did feel the movement but mainly during crossing of the middle of the Caribbean. We like the movement, but one thing about this particular room on this particular cruise. When there was heavy movement this room had some creaks and pops that were a little annoying in the middle of the night.

We are still debating where the best spot is; forward or middle currently. Guess we will have to take many many more trips gathering data to find that sweet spot. :)

Hope this helps

Steve & Vicky

Thanks!!

I agree! More cruises required to help us find the sweet spot. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

Did anyone stayed in A414 on Coral? It's the first cabin after the bump up on the port side. We booked Panama Canal full transit. I am just concerned that whoever is in the bump up cabinnext to us, can see inside. Also, someone said that going into Caribbean, the port side is the hottest. Any comments are welcome.