I thought Fountains had been discontinued

Turtles06

I've always found it to be part hysterical and part disgusting lol I know I would never be able to participate in all of the spit lol

The last time I was it, most of the CD staff was new, and couldn't keep it together. They kept busting out laughing at each other, which took away from it a bit. The best version I saw they were 100% serious, making it seem even more over the top ridiculous.

agree! I will add, we have seen it about 3 or 4 times: the first time very funny, the second time good but after that boring and stupid.

We didn't see it on either the Getaway (3 years ago) or the Escape (1 year ago). Too bad. Silas Cook was the CD on Escape and I could totally see him having fun with this. I would have thought he would welcome the chance to be the guy in the towel that ends up as the centerpiece.

I wonder why some ships/sailings have it and some don't.

On Escape, our crew talent show was fairly poor. A few singers, a bartender mixing drinks Cocktail style and maybe a piano player. This skit would definitely have livened it up.

We used to do that skit back when I was in college, 30 years ago. But our music was Pachelbel's canon in d and we called it the Grecian water skit. Always a huge hit. I hope they do it on the Jewel in May when we go to Alaska.