Welcome gifts at the M&M

When we were on the Grandeur in December, they no longer gave out the little welcome gift of the sea pass holder/notepad lanyard.

Are they giving anything out on other ships recently or did they finally run out of those blue card holders? Or is this another cut-back?

I will find out this coming Sunday, but was just curious if other ships are still giving out the welcome gift. We did have some other gifts for door prizes, but nothing for everyone, like we used to get.

Thanks....

Gwen :)

I believe this is another case where things vary from ship to ship. We did get those on Oasis, my last 7 day cruise. You sound like you are cruising before me, so let us know. We just made 25 people for our group.

Edited by BillOh
typo

When we were on the Grandeur in December, they no longer gave out the little welcome gift of the sea pass holder/notepad lanyard.

Are they giving anything out on other ships recently or did they finally run out of those blue card holders? Or is this another cut-back?

I will find out this coming Sunday, but was just curious if other ships are still giving out the welcome gift. We did have some other gifts for door prizes, but nothing for everyone, like we used to get.

Thanks....

Hi Gwen! :)

They were giving them out on Rhapsody last month, and also on Oasis

last week. We have been refusing them for some time now...how many

of those do we really need??!! :eek: ;) My sister is tired of getting them

for gifts too. :p :p

Thanks....

Didn't you hear, pirates hijacked the shipment.

Didn't you hear, pirates hijacked the shipment.

Well, it's about time. I was tired of those things too.:p But, my husband would hand them out to some children that really liked them. They were happy to receive something like that.

We will see what happens on Sunday. Maybe as each ship runs out of them, then, that will be it....

We got them on adventure a year and a half ago as a raffle prize. I was ecstatic this year when my daughter finally allowed me to throw them away. I'm sure the parents of the kids your husband gives his to will be happy if they're gone; it's just more junk laying around the house and kids seem to be natural hoarders of all things "free."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Rhapsody last month they gave us the usually ones but on Radiance back in August they gave us a new version. I would think if they have designed a new version they would not be doing away with them. Maybe ships just haven't ordered the right one.

80a8a0a6ab88eb4b96bd92113a580e82.jpg

Edited by PCWalton1

On my Brilliance TA last year, we were told there were too many of us so they couldn't give them out. This prompted some to post about the maneuver and a couple days later they were delivered to the cabins. Of course, since we hadn't yet touched land, this begs the question about where they found enough of them on board in that timespan.