new format

Pickels

Add me to the list of "Hate the new format". It`s way to bright and bold on the eyes. The old format seemed soft with nice blues etc. The "expand signature is dumb, Folks put a lot of work in and now an extra step. They were colorful and happy. Now you cannot do scrolling text (marquees) I check the roll call and sign off---Quickly!!!

That can`t be what the owners want.

Please go back to old format-Learn from Coke a Cola!

I'm told that scrolling text is relatively old-fashioned but it does seem more user friendly.

The flip side of the expand signature feature is that some pax did complain about very long /large signatures, so I suppose this is in response...

For me the main problem is the amount of white space and the blocks with light BLUE shading. And the Blue titles on the main page. I have difficulty reading blue for more than a few minutes. Eye strain after a few minutes. It would be nice to have an option to make all of the print black. Or go back to the old format...

I must be the only one who likes it. I have no ads between posts - but maybe it has something to do with the fact I have very long ago disabled the signatures on people's postings. In other words, I don't see your lists of past and future cruises and your quotes and blinking martini glasses etc. I just see the post. Makes scrolling a whole lot easier. And I don't care who has been where or where they're going. (sorry, I just don't)

I like the cleaner look and I have zero trouble reading the new format. I'm on a Mac Air if that makes a difference.

So how do I adjust spacing differences..?

.the title of threads are still very big... text ok in posts ...and the stuff added at bottom like cruise history way too big...can i size them individually at ratios i like?

...most space seems devoted to all sorts of stuff except the posts

Also what are all the colors about where threads are listed, why are some folders black, some not ?

Seems that like many tech advances they have done it because they can, but not needed for function...simple is better..esp for things that are for fun!

Just go into your settings and take out all that "stuff" at the bottom of everyone's post. I did it years ago, can't stand all that history and quotes and stuff! So much cleaner reading.

Just go into your settings and take out all that "stuff" at the bottom of everyone's post. I did it years ago, can't stand all that history and quotes and stuff! So much cleaner reading.

Yes! I wish it was opt-in to seeing those signatures instead of opting out. It was one of the very first things I turned off when I joined. Means you have to sign in every time, though. The number of pages in a thread is often halved when you have the signatures turned off.

I really dislike the new format that does not offer an option to stay signed in. It's annoying to have to log in each time. I also miss the option to have a title for my post (or am I just not seeing it?). Too much white space and too hard to read with the contrast. It's very hard on my eyes.

I really dislike the new format that does not offer an option to stay signed in. It's annoying to have to log in each time. I also miss the option to have a title for my post (or am I just not seeing it?). Too much white space and too hard to read with the contrast. It's very hard on my eyes.

I stay signed in on two different machines by clicking the "Remember Me" button when signing in. Is your browser set to sign you out of stuff, maybe?

The titles on replies are gone.

I must be the only one who likes it. I have no ads between posts - but maybe it has something to do with the fact I have very long ago disabled the signatures on people's postings. In other words, I don't see your lists of past and future cruises and your quotes and blinking martini glasses etc. I just see the post. Makes scrolling a whole lot easier. And I don't care who has been where or where they're going. (sorry, I just don't)

I like the cleaner look and I have zero trouble reading the new format. I'm on a Mac Air if that makes a difference.

I love the new format too.And I disabled the signatures years ago.

The site has a cleaner look and easy to navigate on laptop and ipad.

Thank you for this! Had no idea you could take out signatures. Guess I don't look at my user profile! Makes a huge difference taking out all the signatures, Definitely a much cleaner screen.

Now if they would work on making the white, not so bright,and in your face! Also the black type needs to be darker. I have 20/20 vision without glasses, but the text sure looks light grey on my screen. It doesn't matter what device I am using. Oh well! I will survive. Much bigger fish to fry, than the CC format.

The page where threads are listed is still looking busy & confused. I see file folders, some black, some clear. Some print is red, some blue, some bold.. little green and orange too...simple is better. Looks like a kiddie painting

The page where threads are listed is still looking busy & confused. I see file folders, some black, some clear. Some print is red, some blue, some bold.. little green and orange too...simple is better. Looks like a kiddie painting

The folder colors are indicators. If there are new posts it will be Blue. I think you might be mistaking dark blue for black.

Here is the legend on CC that shows what the colors mean.

631c9228a7f2fc6a9042a7ef8fef419e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still shows for me. I just logged out and logged back in to be sure. It's there in Chrome and IE and Firefox.

That's really weird! I've tried all three browsers you've mentioned and also logged in on my phone and tablet and the remember me button has vanished everywhere. Once in a while the old format shows up and it's back. I haven't changed any browser settings, the only change is the new cc version.

That's really weird! I've tried all three browsers you've mentioned and also logged in on my phone and tablet and the remember me button has vanished everywhere. Once in a while the old format shows up and it's back. I haven't changed any browser settings, the only change is the new cc version.

I still get the remember me option right under the password in the Login box.

Another here who dislikes having the screen cluttered up with signatures, and prefers not to see them.

I would like to see them keep it clean and simple, for posting and replying to messages, without adding any more gimmicks.

Edited by varoo

Really strange "new" items in the past day or so. When you want to preview a post and push that blue box, you see what you post, but you cannot "edit" in that function. What's up? How can this get fixed to be able to better check and edit your posts? Or, will it always be in this type of dis-functional way of operating?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 170,594 views for this posting.

Too much white space, hurts the eyes, everything seems to blend together.

I try to get off the site as soon as I can.

I do agree, my eyes gets very irritated after a short while, the text also seems to be gray - not black - probably because the background is to white.

I've gotten used to the new format; it's fine. But, I would like it if they would return the "Jump to Page" feature. You have to click through every page one at a time now and that can be rather tedious when your trying to return to a page in the middle of a long review.

To the right of the last page number is a down arrow. Click that to open the "go to page" option.