Ethical Question- Beverage Package

Cras108er

In response to the OP. I cruise primarily with Celebrity and always purchase the premium drink package and have never done the math as to whether I'm getting my money worth. If I have 2 or 10 drinks a day, it really doesn't matter. What I like about the package is the fact that I don't have to think about it....peace of mind. You get top shelf drinks, unlimited water, smoothies...etc. And the best is, if I decide to have a glass of wine that is above the $13 limit, I only pay the difference......nice touch especially during dinner time. And yes, I was asked once on a prior cruise by a person in our group (who did not have a drink package) if I'd get her drinks on my card. Nope, nope, nope, it just pissed me off.

In response to the OP. I cruise primarily with Celebrity and always purchase the premium drink package and have never done the math as to whether I'm getting my money worth. If I have 2 or 10 drinks a day, it really doesn't matter.

WOW Celebrity must love you! Two drinks a day comes out to about $50Cdn per! :eek:

I've got a cottage up near Wawa for sale. 800 sq. ft. and it's a steal at only $1M. You can pay me in $U.S. if you like. :D

WOW Celebrity must love you! Two drinks a day comes out to about $50Cdn per! :eek:

I've got a cottage up near Wawa for sale. 800 sq. ft. and it's a steal at only $1M. You can pay me in $U.S. if you like. :D

Can you give me time to think about it.......lol.

After 30 replies of the same answer, I thought the thread needed a breather. I know it goes forum protocol to hi-jack a thread, but the discussion can continue now.

So, ethical or not?

Burt

The best response by far :p

The posts actually started to improve from this point forward. Well crafted indeed.

Four legs good, two legs bad.

Again there is no such thing as "the full complement of drinks". The question of whether or not purchasing the AIBP is a good value for you is whether or not the individual cost of the drinks you (and you alone) would purchase over the course of the cruise equals the entire cost of the plan.

Yes, this is exactly how I see it. My last cruise, one of the perks i got on Celebrity was the classic bev package. I upgraded to the premium, because I know how much I drink, not just alcohol, but coffee, bottled water to take with me off the ship, etc. And I also knew I'd spend a lot of time in the martini bar, and didn't want to worry about what was included in the one package vs. not.

The cost to upgrade was about what I had paid for alcohol on my previous cruises, so well worth it to me. I also am a coffee lover, so Cafe Baci drinks were included in the package, and I took full advantage of that as well. Yes, I may have had more cocktails and coffee than i might have if I had been paying individually, but to me, the cost to upgrade my package was well worth it, and I didn't ahve to worry about how much I was spending on this and that.

But I also only used my package for myself. I went with a friend, and she did the same; upgraded to the prem. bev package. It never occurred to us to "share" at any point in time because her package is for her, and mine was for me.

New format appeared with me a couple of weeks ago but I was able to switch back to the old. That option is gone now. Not thrilled with the new format either but it is what it is. I asked the admin on a thread they had regarding it why the change but never got a response. Other than ad banners that appear on the threads I guess its just change for change sake, but I see no benefit to the users.