Someone in trouble on Liberty

#fakenews

Totally agree.

People think that a little drugs on a ship is a huge deal.

Although I don't partake, I know other who do and have no issues with it on ships.

One guy I knew had the entire hallway reeking weed.

The room steward gave them spray to minimize the smell.

or a body in the morgue. Every week RCI has 50K+ passengers, chances are one person will make use of that facility.

I dont think so.You comment startled me I had to do research on it.

The research shows 200 deaths a year with all cruise ships worldwide.

I dont think so.You comment startled me I had to do research on it.

The research shows 200 deaths a year with all cruise ships worldwide.

His quote is accurate -- RCCL has 50,000 passengers a week and accounts for 23% of cruises booked.

200 deaths per year x 0.23 = 46 RCCL deaths per year or average of 0.88 deaths per week.

So on average, about 1 person dies on an RCCL ship per week. Maybe not the ship you're on, but on one of them.

If someone dies, does the ship have a morgue? I don't suppose they stop a cruise if a guest expires unless it's ship related (cross-wide sickness).

Cruise ships might. In contrast I was on a Navy ship and we had a Radioman Chief Petty Officer die during a cruise in the Indian Ocean. Imagine our surprise finding his body in a cardboard box in the reefer near boxes of hamburgers, it was the only place to keep him for the time being.

His quote is accurate -- RCCL has 50,000 passengers a week and accounts for 23% of cruises booked.

200 deaths per year x 0.23 = 46 RCCL deaths per year or average of 0.88 deaths per week.

So on average, about 1 person dies on an RCCL ship per week. Maybe not the ship you're on, but on one of them.

200 deaths worldwide with ALL cruise ships not just RCCL. There are 300 cruise ships world wide.

Cruise ships might. In contrast I was on a Navy ship and we had a Radioman Chief Petty Officer die during a cruise in the Indian Ocean. Imagine our surprise finding his body in a cardboard box in the reefer near boxes of hamburgers, it was the only place to keep him for the time being.

Modern cruise ships are equip with a morgue to accommodate passenger demographics.

With 5000+ passengers and many very unhealthy, it is very needed.

Warships probably just stick people in the freezer. As they should.

No one is expected to die....

Modern cruise ships are equip with a morgue to accommodate passenger demographics.

With 5000+ passengers and many very unhealthy, it is very needed.

There some irony for you....

No one expected to die on a warship, totally expected to have people die on vacation.

200 deaths worldwide with ALL cruise ships not just RCCL. There are 300 cruise ships world wide.

Correct, and RCCL handles 23% of all cruises world wide. So the math works out -- if RCCL handles 23% of cruises, an estimated 46 people die a year on an RCCL cruise ship, somewhere, or an average of 0.88 deaths on RCCL a week.

No one is expected to die on a warship?? I was on a Carrier, The average is 10 who do not make it back per deployment and that is a peace time number.....

If someone dies, does the ship have a morgue? I don't suppose they stop a cruise if a guest expires unless it's ship related (cross-wide sickness).

Yes they do. They can usually store four bodies. They charge $250 and up per day to store it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When doing stats like that we should probably take into account that royals passenger health overall is probably better than some lines that cater to much older people... so royal may not have a correlating death percentage and passenger percentage.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Correct, and RCCL handles 23% of all cruises world wide. So the math works out -- if RCCL handles 23% of cruises, an estimated 46 people die a year on an RCCL cruise ship, somewhere, or an average of 0.88 deaths on RCCL a week.

There are 300 cruise ships worldwide and RCCL has 25 ships, so how is it that they handle 23% of cruises?

When doing stats like that we should probably take into account that royals passenger health overall is probably better than some lines that cater to much older people... so royal may not have a correlating death percentage and passenger percentage.

Carnival books 52% of cruise passengers annually world wide and also has the youngest crowd of cruisers -- with NCL being the second youngest (2015 data).

RCL/HAL are on average older than Carnival and NCL, so assuming Carnival has the majority of passengers and the youngest, I would actually assume a HIGHER percentage of deaths from natural causes on board RCCL. Also, RCCL has a lot of longer itineraries that cater to the retired crowd (although I'm retired and 42 years old but most of the familiar faces I meet are in their 60s or 70s).

There are 300 cruise ships worldwide and RCCL has 25 ships, so how is it that they handle 23% of cruises?

Because Royal has ships like the Oasis which carries 6500+ passengers and is full most cruises? And every record setting large capacity ship for the past decade has been RCCL, so passenger count is more important than ship count.

The 6 largest ships in the world are RCCL. #7 is NCL. Of the top 10 largest ships, 8 are RCCL.

Those variances make a huge difference, after about 70 or so cruise ships the occupancy numbers plummet -- so the bottom 230 cruise ships probably hold fewer people than the top 70.

Because Royal has ships like the Oasis which carries 6500+ passengers and is full most cruises? And every record setting large capacity ship for the past decade has been RCCL, so passenger count is more important than ship count.

The 6 largest ships in the world are RCCL. #7 is NCL. Of the top 10 largest ships, 8 are RCCL.

Those variances make a huge difference, after about 70 or so cruise ships the occupancy numbers plummet -- so the bottom 230 cruise ships probably hold fewer people than the top 70.

in 2015 research shows around 440,000 people cruise on the the big name ships at the same given time, Royal Caribbean accounts for around 69,000 passengers. That does not work out to be 23% to me.

I do the math and its 32 deaths per year assuming deaths were distributed according to head count. Even then every time there is a death on a big ship like Royal Caribbean, it would likely make news. I dont even see news three times a month let alone every week.

Actually here, deaths are actually documented on each ship

http://www.cruiseshipdeaths.com/Deaths_By_Cruise_Line.html

In 2016 there were 5 deaths

2015 - 8 deaths

2014 - 1 death

2013 - 2 deaths

2012 - 9 deaths

2011 - 8 deaths

2010 - 8 deaths

2009 - 4 deaths

2008 - 1 death

2007 - 1 death

I went back 10 years, so to prove my point, people dont die every week to be put into the morgue on a Royal Caribbean ship. Thats not even 52 deaths in 10 years, from 2007 to 2016 its 47 deaths. So how you figure 52 deaths on a Royal Caribbean ship in a year?

Edited by Lisa8
Added stats

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Fooled me, Anthem could have announced a scooter race on Deck 15 and it would've been a Nascar.