What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

we didn't bid, happy with our angled balcony but my son went from an inside to OB Mid Ship OV with Large Picture window for the minimum bid of $25 per person for our Escape Cruise 3/10/18. He found out today, 11 days out.

$50, a no brainer....

We are waiting for the 3/2 Pearl sailing. We will find out tomorrow. Keeping our fingers crossed but not thinking we have much of a chance. Will let you know tomorrow.

Earlier today I pulled up the NCL NOLA cruise schedule. March all sold out except inside cabin March 25. April 1 sailing mostly sold out. GL with the bid.

Our March 10 Epic sailing (4 nights) has been sold out for a few weeks. Over the past few days, I notice that there have been only insides available one day and then only studios available the next day. Now today, only mini-suites are available. I noticed that when some of these are available, later that day, they are not available and the whole ship shows "sold out" again. We do have a bid on an aft facing penthouse haven, but I am not hopeful. Now, I am wondering if I should put a bid in on the Mini-suite also, since it shows that there are availabilities. We are in a regular balcony (12299). The mini-suite options to bid are pretty low (up to $200 pp). I know the main difference between a balcony and a mini is the size of the balcony and the bathroom might be a bit larger. I wouldn't spend an extra $200 pp for this, but I might spend an extra $75 pp. I guess my question is... are there any mini-suites in horrible locations or do they usually put them in better spots on the ship? Should I give it a shot or just keep my one bid for the Aft haven penthouse? Either way, I am sure we will love our current stateroom... 12299.

Thank you

First time cruising with Norwegian so never knew about bidding for an upgrade. We are booked in an inside with only the balcony as as option for an upgrade.

Say I put in the maximum amount for the upgrade, do I get any type of choice of location or do they just assign one to me? Probably not in a desired location since those were already booked by people choosing which cabin they wanted. Does Norwegian hold back certain amount of cabins and not put them available for people to book just so they can get people to bid on upgrade?

Thank you for explaining the process to me.

Our March 10 Epic sailing (4 nights) has been sold out for a few weeks. Over the past few days, I notice that there have been only insides available one day and then only studios available the next day. Now today, only mini-suites are available. I noticed that when some of these are available, later that day, they are not available and the whole ship shows "sold out" again. We do have a bid on an aft facing penthouse haven, but I am not hopeful. Now, I am wondering if I should put a bid in on the Mini-suite also, since it shows that there are availabilities. We are in a regular balcony (12299). The mini-suite options to bid are pretty low (up to $200 pp). I know the main difference between a balcony and a mini is the size of the balcony and the bathroom might be a bit larger. I wouldn't spend an extra $200 pp for this, but I might spend an extra $75 pp. I guess my question is... are there any mini-suites in horrible locations or do they usually put them in better spots on the ship? Should I give it a shot or just keep my one bid for the Aft haven penthouse? Either way, I am sure we will love our current stateroom... 12299.

Thank you

I would definitely bid. Stranger things have happened..,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First time cruising with Norwegian so never knew about bidding for an upgrade. We are booked in an inside with only the balcony as as option for an upgrade.

Say I put in the maximum amount for the upgrade, do I get any type of choice of location or do they just assign one to me? Probably not in a desired location since those were already booked by people choosing which cabin they wanted. Does Norwegian hold back certain amount of cabins and not put them available for people to book just so they can get people to bid on upgrade?

Hello, no matter how high the bid is, you will not have a choice in the cabin assignment.

If the whole cruise is sold out -except inside cabins - why do they still allow bids on the mini-suites and Haven rooms? I have a balcony already but am bidding on a mini suite..

I think they use that as back up in the case of cancellations.

I was given the choice of bidding on a balcony or mini-suite. I bid on both, but after reviewing the layout of the Epic, I realized that my inside cabin was in a prime location and decided to keep it. Our cruise is port heavy, so we will be getting up early and leaving the ship almost every morning, so wouldn't get much use out of the balcony anyway, which is why I booked an inside room in the first place. Last time I cruised we had a balcony and I probably used it 5-10 min a day if that, making the extra cost not worth it to me. I also don't like the fact that they will give you what ever is left, so it could be under the kitchen, bowling alley or bar. You may get lucky and get a great location, so you just have to decide if it is worth the risk of given up your picked cabin for a random one.

I think they use that as back up in the case of cancellations.

Yup, our cruise next week isn't even on the website any longer... yet we can still bid... just NCL hedging. It's just like the airlines... waiting on that dude in first class not showing up...

I would definitely bid. Stranger things have happened..,

Thanks, I think we are going to be happy with 12299 or the Aft Penthouse (fingers crossed). I checked the deck plans and there are some mini-suites on deck 8 that over look the life boats. I would rather not upgrade to a bigger balcony that overlooks the bright red and white life boats.

Good Luck to anyone bidding.

Well we heard back this afternoon on our bid for the Pearl leaving Friday. We were rejected on all of them 😥 We were hoping to be able to try the Haven but we are still more than happy with our penthouse suite!! We kinda figured it wouldn't happen since the boat has been showing sold out for a number of weeks. We bid on all Haven categories and the 2 bedroom family suite. We ranged the bids from poor to good.

Good luck fellow cruisers on your bidding!!

SCREAM!!!! thanks for the laugh. (i just got my first invitation to bid and am here doing my due diligence -- I sail solo and always book an inside cabin, so i am curious. love your attitude!)

A few weeks ago, The Penthouse Suite was first offered to us as an an upgrade for $1000.00 PP

I counter offered $500.00 PP, and was told they don't negotiate.

A few days later NLC offered the same for $750.00 PP and I again counter offered $500.00. No Deal.

With a few days before our sailing, NCL offered the same Penthouse Suite for $500.00 PP

I told them to shove it. We are happy with the BA we booked months ago.:)

We sail the Epic next Saturday and I’m not expecting an upgrade. The ship has been sold out for weeks, but then it shows openings for a few hours each day or so. We only bid on an aft penthouse haven, so our chances are slim. We are happy with our current situation, so either way, it’s a win-win.

We sail the Epic next Saturday and I’m not expecting an upgrade. The ship has been sold out for weeks, but then it shows openings for a few hours each day or so. We only bid on an aft penthouse haven, so our chances are slim. We are happy with our current situation, so either way, it’s a win-win.

Yup, Jade is the same for Monday... cabins come, cabins go, available, not available... mostly sailaways... NCL has indigestion. SF will work just fine but an H would be nice. Nobody appears to have heard a thing.

March 4, Breakaway

Booked in Haven Courtyard Penthouse

Bidding started at $500 for 2 bedroom - bid $600 - declined

Bidding started at $750 for Deluxe Owners' - bid $850 - declined

Both were listed as poor bids so I'm not really surprised and I already paid enough for my cruise in the Haven anyway - but it was fun to try!