What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

6 days before departure, cruise was not even listed anymore, assuming it was totally sold out, I was sure my bid will not be accepted. First time in Haven, surprise for my wife and kids. We originally booked B6 for under $2600 including all taxes and beverage package, 2 adults and 2 kids, which was a great deal to start off, took advantage of all promos and even got $100 OBC, had to adjust price 3 times as promos became available.

6 days before departure, cruise was not even listed anymore, assuming it was totally sold out, I was sure my bid will not be accepted. First time in Haven, surprise for my wife and kids. We originally booked B6 for under $2600 including all taxes and beverage package, 2 adults and 2 kids, which was a great deal to start off, took advantage of all promos and even got $100 OBC, had to adjust price 3 times as promos became available.[/QUOT

That is a great deal, kids get their own room. What range was it in?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Jade 5th March, currently in SG Aft Penthouse, bidding for H's... (why not).

Haven Courtyard $800 (top of range - excellent) - declined.

OS, Deluxe OS etc - $1000 (poor to fair)... all declined.

This was at the T minus 50 hour mark...

Guess she's full! (Was looking that way recently). Let's hope Pitbull doesn't destroy her this weekend :cool:

Edited by Notnewtoit

NCL Getaway, March 4th

Bids :

H4 - 1300$/ person

H6 - 1300$/ person

*prices in CAD

Original cabin : angled balcony.

Two bids were declined at the 48 hrs mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What range were the bids in?

Does anyone have experience with the bidding system with regards to the Epic Mediterranean cruises? Through the extremely well experienced cruisers here I learned that my round trip Rome cruise isn't exactly that. When we dock in Barcelona, half the ship will be leaving with new cruisers getting on, and when we dock back in Rome although I will be leaving, half the ship is staying put.

This is now creating an issue for us with regards to room upgrades. Rooms that I see as available on the second half of our trip (Barcelona back to Rome) are not available for me to upgrade to since they are not available on the first leg of our trip (Rome to Barcelona).

So I'm curious.... is it possible to upgrade your cabin for only half of your trip? Or if my bid is stronger than a Barcelona passenger, will I still lose out since they have other bidders for my portion of the trip but are looking to book rooms for the Barcelona circle so even though I'm willing to pay more I still lose?

This is so confusing to me now, and I really wish NCL would have made some mention of how this cruise was structured BEFORE I bought my tickets (especially since the Barcelona circle is half the cost of the Rome circle for some reason).

Does anyone have experience with the bidding system with regards to the Epic Mediterranean cruises? Through the extremely well experienced cruisers here I learned that my round trip Rome cruise isn't exactly that. When we dock in Barcelona, half the ship will be leaving with new cruisers getting on, and when we dock back in Rome although I will be leaving, half the ship is staying put.

This is now creating an issue for us with regards to room upgrades. Rooms that I see as available on the second half of our trip (Barcelona back to Rome) are not available for me to upgrade to since they are not available on the first leg of our trip (Rome to Barcelona).

So I'm curious.... is it possible to upgrade your cabin for only half of your trip? Or if my bid is stronger than a Barcelona passenger, will I still lose out since they have other bidders for my portion of the trip but are looking to book rooms for the Barcelona circle so even though I'm willing to pay more I still lose?

This is so confusing to me now, and I really wish NCL would have made some mention of how this cruise was structured BEFORE I bought my tickets (especially since the Barcelona circle is half the cost of the Rome circle for some reason).

From the times I've looked at the ships doing the med with embarkation at 3 ports I don't think I've ever seen suites bookable other than at Barcelona.

As far as upgrade for part of trip, I doubt it. My guess would be upgrades only for those on Barcelona embarkation.

Hey Gang. This year is first year I booked through a TA. We’ve done upgrades from old days of taking the offers to the new bid process. We booked Haven outright however we’re hoping to bid a larger Haven category. I did not receive an upgrade bid email invitation and I have to think it’s due to booking through the TA. If I call the old upgrade number will they be able to send me the link tomorrow? Or is this not possible with TAs? Which would steer me from booking with one from now on. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey Gang. This year is first year I booked through a TA. We’ve done upgrades from old days of taking the offers to the new bid process. We booked Haven outright however we’re hoping to bid a larger Haven category. I did not receive an upgrade bid email invitation and I have to think it’s due to booking through the TA. If I call the old upgrade number will they be able to send me the link tomorrow? Or is this not possible with TAs? Which would steer me from booking with one from now on. Thanks!

Certain travel agencies do not participate. You cannot call and get them to send you a link.

Lots of Gas do participate. I know fir-sure some of the well known ones do.

Lots of Gas do participate. I know fir-sure some of the well known ones do.

Thanks. I’ll call the TA today. It’s a larger well known one. The OBC incentive with Haven was worth going through the TA.

I was on the Feb 24 Escape cruise, had a large balcony mini suite, and my bid of $880pp (so like $1760) to lowest Haven was not accepted. Maybe I upped it too late (2.5 days before sailing; it was $480pp for a couple months), but I was rather surprised I didn't get it.

[emoji51] 33 days left....I can’t take it! Will I get my upgrade? Should I up my bids. Why do they do this to me? The anticipation is killing me! 🤯

It’s killing me too! 45 days out, I upped the bids about 2 weeks ago, and today received another email to make a bid! Reviewed my bids, seems we are still in the running!

It’s killing me too! 45 days out, I upped the bids about 2 weeks ago, and today received another email to make a bid! Reviewed my bids, seems we are still in the running!

It's killing me too. I am 27 days out and I am bidding on Haven upgrade

We sail this Saturday, so I guess we will hear by Thursday if we get the upgrade. The ship has been sold out for a few weeks, but every now and then some mini-suites will pop up as available. I have a feeling we will be in our Balcony that we booked, which will be wonderful. It would be fun to get a little surprise on Thursday, but I'm not very hopeful. Either way, we will be on the water, in the sun and away from work :)