What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

We found out we were upgraded from an obstructed Oceanview cabin (category OK) to a midship balcony (BA) on the Norwegian Dawn. Sailing has been sold out for weeks but we got the upgrade 2 days before sailing. Paid $550 total and that was the lowest amount in the highest bid category. Still much cheaper than what it would have cost to upgrade outright before the sailing sold out. We have 3 people in the room so we're very happy to have the extra space now!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I wonder if the bidding also factors in the number of cruise points you have? For i.e., the higher your cruise status, the better chance of getting offer accepted?

I had a "poor" bid (min. bid I think) accepted on Dawn last year from Mini-Suite to 2br Family Suite without having any Latitudes points. (I had only sailed Norwegian once before when I was a kid and apparently didn't earn any points.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not sure if I correctly read the the posting concerning not being invited to bid if you got a great deal. We booked the overview sail away at $529 and quickly were assigned a nice cabin that listed at about $1,100. We received an invitation to bid for an upgrade a few weeks ago but likely won't know for about six more weeks.

We have gotten the invitation to bid after booking a "free cruise" using certificates from Harrah's/Caesar's and CAS cabin offers. We've gone from paying only taxes & port fees for an inside cabin to a "winning" minimum bid for a balcony.

So the notion that what you paid for your cruise originally somehow determines whether you'll get to bid is false. It may be a factor but not the determining one. NCL uses a complex method to determine who is offered the opportunity to bid.

Their issue was not the price they paid but the fact they went through a TA. Not all TAs participate in the upgrade program. Your first post is 100% false, you CAN get an opportunity to bid and get upgraded if you booked at a 'great deal', I have done it. I posted the details.

You are incorrect once again. It was the price we paid. Our TA (A large TA out of NJ) Does participate in the upgrade program. It was the price we paid and nothing more. That is why NCL offered to have us participate if we paid a higher price. And once again I was not the only person who this happened to. In my original post back in December a few other people said the same thing had happened to them. In fact I just booked another cruise, I was offered two quotes, one a very low price with no option to be in the upgrade program and another quote with the option to bid. Both quotes far below NCL's listed price

Escape 3/3/2018 sailing

Booked BF Balcony cabin

Offered all Haven categories and Mini Suite

Bid On H5 - $490 pp, H7 - $400 pp, H9 - $510 pp - All low poor range

All rejected 48 hours from sailing, I wasn't really surprised. We enjoyed our balcony all the same.

Had a good bid on the 3 BR garden villafor march 25 pearl. After talking with agent, they most likely would not let you add people to the room as they are too full. Cancelled it. Sorry, not worth it for 2 people.

It seems that some folks sailing on the Getaway this weekend have gotten their upgrades today. Earlier than 48 hours.

Sadly, not I. All still pending. Definitely not a good sign for me.

I'm on a high demand March cruise too. I just noticed all the Havens sold out. I low-balled my bid and kept increasing when I noticed a lot of inventory left. Last night, I noticed there was one left. Learned my lesson on that. I would bet its best to just come in at "Fair" and slowly increase your bids on a high demand sailing. Because, even at Fair, you're still only paying, or would have been paying in my case, about 60% of the going rate. But you also have to weigh the fact that a couple of thousand dollars can buy your family a decent land-based vacation. I like to go on as many vacations as possible. Ha.

I spoke with NCL. They pull the cabins out of inventory that are up for bid. So sold out means nothing. I am impatiently waiting to hear about our upgrade. 5 more days to go...,.

I spoke with NCL. They pull the cabins out of inventory that are up for bid. So sold out means nothing. I am impatiently waiting to hear about our upgrade. 5 more days to go...,.

I sincerely hope so! Please keep us informed on your success.

Why would they keep bidding cabins out of inventory? They lose money that way.

Why would they keep bidding cabins out of inventory? They lose money that way.

No clue. But that is why the lady told me. I was concerned I was placing fictitious bids on a suite that was sold out. This is what she told me. I can only go with what I was told. I don’t work there.

I went to my upgrade bid today to raise it a little higher and I saw it said pending so I left it where it was at... do they all say pending? I never noticed that before...

They all say pending until it is either accepted or rejected.