What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

leaving in just over 3 weeks -- no word. it seems to me the longer it takes to hear back about your offer, the less likely you are to have it accepted. Does that sound factual?

My bid is on the high end of "good" -- but honestly, if it wasn't for the bidding system I'd just call and pay regular price for a balcony; traveling with an infant and recently realized we'll have nowhere to go while she naps if we don't have one! I know, I know, I should just pay full price for a balcony room, but obviously it's hard to stomach that when I (might) be able to get a deal using UA. Right now, lots of balconies appear to be left on our sailing. Just wondering if I should increase my bid.

leaving in just over 3 weeks -- no word. it seems to me the longer it takes to hear back about your offer, the less likely you are to have it accepted. Does that sound factual?

My bid is on the high end of "good" -- but honestly, if it wasn't for the bidding system I'd just call and pay regular price for a balcony; traveling with an infant and recently realized we'll have nowhere to go while she naps if we don't have one! I know, I know, I should just pay full price for a balcony room, but obviously it's hard to stomach that when I (might) be able to get a deal using UA. Right now, lots of balconies appear to be left on our sailing. Just wondering if I should increase my bid.

If you're on the high end of good, I'd take my chances. My thinking is that if your bid is accepted early, you likely bid too much. There's no real incentive for NCL to process normal bids before the last few days since there is still the possibility of selling those cabins at full value. Plus there are always bidders who get anxious and increase what were already winning bids.

Bid accepted today.

Breakaway 9/3/17 to Bermuda.

Booked through CAS inside IA on deck 13

Bid 170pp for balcony

New room B4 Family Balcony on deck 12

I am usually a control freak about where my cabin is located so I did not really want to bid, but my daughter has never had a balcony cabin.

This was a 'free' cruise though CAS so all in with port fees and taxes and we have the drink package fee and prepaid service fees is $1432.16

Congrats!!

Quick question..... I thought IA were only given one promo but you mentioned you have two.... did you have the two from an earlier promo when originally booked? Thx

Finally got our letter. They cut it close, it was only a couple hours before the 48-hour mark. We booked a M1 mini-suite, offered upgrades to Forward Penthouse, Aft Penthouse, and Owners Suite. I bid 570 per person on the Aft Penthouse, 830 per person on the OS. Both were in the poor range. We did not win either bid. Good thing we booked a room we really like already. :D

Up to you, but if it was me I would go ahead and pay for the upgrade. It's a vacation, do it up! If not having the balcony impacts your enjoyment, you will be thinking about that the entire trip. For the difference in what you pay for the upgrade versus bidding, the peace of mind knowing you will have a relaxing, great time is worth it. To me anyway. I don't gamble when it comes to vacations!

We are currently booked on the Epic in a balcony room of our choice. We paid 572 dollars for the spa pass on 13 day cruise. We got email for the upgrade system and we are thinking of offering 500 per person for the spa suite which has a max 2000 dollar bid, if we don't get it is not a big deal but just wondering what others think is an acceptable bid. I for one think this new system sucks and is not customer service oriented but like others have said it is a money making industry....:cool::D so it is what it is.

Thanks

Bid $700 ( poor to fair) for penthouse from balcony guarantee. Category showed sold out. Notified bid was successful. Assigned aft penthouse:)

Congrats! Wish I had of been so lucky on my Gem cruise...have fun, we loved our Canada cruise a few years back.

e mail this afternoon, Sun, Alaska 9/4

oa on port to ba on starboard

bid 200pp, rated as good ,maybe too high but balcony on Alaska so recommended

We're on the jewel 8/26 and have not got a response yet. Not looking good. Made a bid on the villa.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Got my email today - originally book a Balcony and Bid just into the good range and received a H5 - yes we did bid high but we were prepared to pay full price if we did not hear by Friday - we are on the Getaway Sept 1 Baltic

How much did you bid? And how much did you save over paying full price? Thanks for all the info.

The last cruise we lost our bid for inside to a balcony. I bid very low. The next cruise is 14 nights and I have a ba balcony on deck 11. Will not bid this next trip. I don't like the fact that if I bid on a minisuite I have no idea where it is located and I have no desire to pay the high bids for a suite. Love the room I booked.

The last cruise we lost our bid for inside to a balcony. I bid very low. The next cruise is 14 nights and I have a ba balcony on deck 11. Will not bid this next trip. I don't like the fact that if I bid on a minisuite I have no idea where it is located and I have no desire to pay the high bids for a suite. Love the room I booked.

Our next few cruises after our Gem cruise we have aft balconies and have no intention of bidding.

Our next few cruises after our Gem cruise we have aft balconies and have no intention of bidding.

We agree. We leave this Sunday on the Breakaway and have one of the larger aft balconies. We put in a bid for Haven but are perfectly thrilled to be in our aft. If it's meant to be, it will happen, otherwise, still love our aft!

e mail this afternoon, Sun, Alaska 9/4

oa on port to ba on starboard

bid 200pp, rated as good ,maybe too high but balcony on Alaska so recommended

We're on the same cruise and are in a BD. Bid on the mini suite, forward suite, aft suite and owners suite. Still waiting to hear :(

I'm not sure if I should post here or not but I am sure people will let me know for the future... :-D

In the past we have always pay for the cabin we want outright. On our upcoming Dawn trip we have a Owner's Suite with Double Balcony. There is only 1 cabin above that a Garden Villa and the only upgrade offer we could submit. We are not bidding because the other half has put his foot down based on what everyone else is paying and what we paid. I am of course heartbroken as I feel that we need a 3 bedroom space for the 2 of us as I am a brat.

Our offer started at $1250 / person ($2500 total) for 2 people. This is after spending more than $7000 for the 2 of us for the 7 days. Hence why I can't even get him to listen to the idea nevertheless really consider it.