What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

It's too bad that most aren't posting their bids after they have been accepted or declined. I was just upgraded from a Mid-ship Mini-Suite (MC) to The Haven Spa Suite (H9) on the Escape. My original total was $2,897 and I bid $810 per person for the upgrade. Our offer was accepted today and we sail this Saturday!

Doing the happy dance!!! woooooo hoooooo Sailing Next sat. on the Escape. My bid was accepted for IA inside to BB Balcony midship!!! This original booking was an inside cabin booked with CAS. My bid was 180.00pp. My daughter also had an inside cabin next to me and her bid was accepted too for 150.00pp. Her cabin was not booked with CAS. Yes, there are still cabins left and we probably could have gone down lower with our bids, however I was comfortable with my bid. I called CAS 3 days ago (fri) and they STILL wanted 300pp to upgrade me to a balcony. So I look at it as a WIN!!! :) :D:D:D:D

Edited by Jerzzygirl

It's too bad that most aren't posting their bids after they have been accepted or declined. I was just upgraded from a Mid-ship Mini-Suite (MC) to The Haven Spa Suite (H9) on the Escape. My original total was $2,897 and I bid $810 per person for the upgrade. Our offer was accepted today and we sail this Saturday!

FYI - I just checked. You can actually book that Haven Spa today for $5,870 for two including all 4 at sea offers and $300 OBC. You paid $4,500 . DEAL!!!

FYI - I just checked. You can actually book that Haven Spa today for $5,870 for two including all 4 at sea offers and $300 OBC. You paid $4,500 . DEAL!!!

Thanks, we are really excited to be trying out The Haven! I had been tracking the prices for The Haven for the past few months and the lowest I saw for our sailing was around $6200 with all four offers and $300 OBC. We already have $140 OBC credit from our original booking as well as the Beverage and Dinner packages so we are happy!

We are in a mini suite (aft) currently. Our bid options were for penthouse (forward and aft) and owner's suite. Leaving next week, still getting the banner ad, no acceptance or denial thus far.

The aft minis are nice on the Sun . 9 are the best followed by 10 then 8.

When I checked your sailing all categories were showing sold out.

I'll make sure when the times comes what my hopefully winning bid will be along with our original cabin price

Congrats -- that's a great deal.

Did you check ahead of time which rooms were available?

I ask, because my friend is bidding from a minisuite to haven but there's a lot of haven available but when I do a mock booking, on the the H6 suites are available. He says he can bid on a H4 room...even though none are available on the mock booking

Congrats -- that's a great deal.

Did you check ahead of time which rooms were available?

... when I do a mock booking, on the the H6 suites are available. He says he can bid on a H4 room...even though none are available on the mock booking

As said often, just because they do not show as available does not mean they are not a possible upgrade. Some people cancel last minute. Some people get an upgrade and that puts their cabin back in the pot.

If the TA is tired of clients calling him, regardless of the reason, perhaps he should rethink his line of work.

OMG I am dead :'):'):')

Has anyone had any success in winning bids on the Baltic cruises from Balcony to SPA Balcony cabins?

OMG I am dead :'):'):')

Has anyone had any success in winning bids on the Baltic cruises from Balcony to SPA Balcony cabins?

MarinCami: read the entire thread. There are plenty of them! Even to Haven Spa and other Haven rooms.

The aft minis are nice on the Sun . 9 are the best followed by 10 then 8.

When I checked your sailing all categories were showing sold out.

That's what I figured. Just curious as to why they are offering bids on non-existent rooms. 5 days out, and they are still encouraging me to bid.

NCL's doing a little Data Mining :evilsmile:

You can bet they are. It's a new process for them as well and it will pay for them to find out how long to hold out on awards in order to get the most return for upsell. On one hand when they get a great bid offer they'll probably take it much sooner than 30 days out before the bidder decides to back down their offer. But on the other hand they're collecting data to find out what bidders willing to up offer at last minute for future.

I'd like to see reports of actual upgrades to suites on sailings that are showing all suites sold out. I suspect some suites are listed as sold out but they aren't actually. If they hold them out of the bookable pool they can take the $ all the way from inside to Haven upgrade advantage process and get more $ than just offering the suite to a new booking.

Keeping those suites out of available rooms last minute may very well not encourage a higher bid. Example- someone sees a GV or dos available they're more likely to put in a higher bid. If all suites show sold out people probably won't offer their top dollar because they figure there's no hope anyways unless a fluke last minute cancel so they bid low knowing there's not much hope in getting anyways.

Btw upgrade advantage offer is available for gt staterooms. I was offered for a ms gt booking. Offered to bid on every category of s-h suites even though all H suites have been sold out for months and S category sold out a month ago. The offers I received put pricing at outright paying more than the going rate with marker just touching the good range. The high poor and low fair range put cabin price at going rate. This was compared to what I paid for my room minus what the cabins were selling for prior to selling out. So in essence there was zero good deals available... unless the GV is somehow available but just not showing up on site as bookable. That is the only variable I don't know. Sailing 14 nights Jade September.

Edited by littlelulu01

Gem 9/2 oceanview OG CAS got the email today, went to balcony B2 for $250 pp. It's early but we bid high.

On the ship there was a total of 23 balconies shown available and 3 mini suites. I bid $285 for mini, pretty much knowing we would not get it. Both bids were in the good/high range on the meter thing. I think the balcony was max $300 and the mini was max $400.

I did bid much higher for balcony because of various reasons, pricing is is $1699 pp for balcony. Our oceanview was thru CAS.

We only booked 2 weeks ago.

Had we booked the breakaway for the same week, I would never bid more than $150pp because of so much availability.

This info may or may not work for you. We've bid before on the breakaway and gotten a balcony for $160pp this past may to Bermuda. that was from an inside.

We basically bid on CAS cruises because we don't get balcony offers usually. Although that might change soon! And if it does, then we'll bid to go to haven :)

Edited by MaryZ

Bid accepted today.

Breakaway 9/3/17 to Bermuda.

Booked through CAS inside IA on deck 13

Bid 170pp for balcony

New room B4 Family Balcony on deck 12

I am usually a control freak about where my cabin is located so I did not really want to bid, but my daughter has never had a balcony cabin.

This was a 'free' cruise though CAS so all in with port fees and taxes and we have the drink package fee and prepaid service fees is $1432.16

Doing the happy dance!!! woooooo hoooooo Sailing Next sat. on the Escape. My bid was accepted for IA inside to BB Balcony midship!!! This original booking was an inside cabin booked with CAS. My bid was 180.00pp. My daughter also had an inside cabin next to me and her bid was accepted too for 150.00pp. Her cabin was not booked with CAS. Yes, there are still cabins left and we probably could have gone down lower with our bids, however I was comfortable with my bid. I called CAS 3 days ago (fri) and they STILL wanted 300pp to upgrade me to a balcony. So I look at it as a WIN!!! :) :D:D:D:D

It was a win - sounds like a great deal!