Sapphire Princess to Aust. 2018

i just noticed this on FB

Princess Cruises will unveil its 2018 program next week – and there is expected to be a big focus on fly-cruise to Asia and extending its experiential ‘Across the Ditch’ New Zealand program

It is my understanding that China uses the same style 3-pin socket as we do here in Australasia.

Can anyone verify this ?

We spent a week in Beijing before a cruise and can't remember, but doing a search, yes I think they do use a combination and 3 pin plug......so there goes that theory!

Hopefully as Bob has mentioned all will be revealed next week. Hoping they have something exciting and some new interesting itineraries......I know, we can only dream:rolleyes:

i just noticed this on FB

Princess Cruises will unveil its 2018 program next week – and there is expected to be a big focus on fly-cruise to Asia and extending its experiential ‘Across the Ditch’ New Zealand program

It is speculation but I think it may due top end cruises and around Indonesia, Philippines and Singapore rather than doing extensive Sydney, Melbourne and NZ cruises.

We wait the announcement. As long as they don't say it will be home porting in Australia, when it is really home porting in China, with a short time based in Australia!

This may be closer to what happens. possibly also out of Singapore for a while..

Singapore will do, we did a fabulous B2B on the Sapphire from there, a short flight from Sydney:)

I really thought Princess would replace the Dawn with something else full time:rolleyes:

I'd agree except the three sisters have never really been here full time anyway.

One disappears for about 4 months on a world cruise each year, one goes off for a few months on Circle Pacific circle South Americaor similar, pretty much every year.

I'd agree except the three sisters have never really been here full time anyway.

One disappears for about 4 months on a world cruise each year, one goes off for a few months on Circle Pacific circle South Americaor similar, pretty much every year.

That is true, but they would still think of having a replacement at least part of the time.

Hi everyone, a newbie here!

Can't see anyone else has shared this- Cruise passenger has an article titled 'Princess cruises sends passengers to Singapore and NZ for 2018' It's based on an interview with Stuart Allison, (Aust & NZ Princess President).

here's the link: http://cruisepassenger.com.au/princess-cruises-sends-passengers-singapore-nz-2018/

I thought this was interesting:

"The Diamond Princess will be homeported in Sydney at the end of the year, as the Emerald Princess – one of the successes of the 2016-17 season – is off to Alaska."

Bye!

Can't see anyone else has shared this- Cruise passenger has an article titled 'Princess cruises sends passengers to Singapore and NZ for 2018' It's based on an interview with Stuart Allison, (Aust & NZ Princess President).

here's the link: http://cruisepassenger.com.au/princess-cruises-sends-passengers-singapore-nz-2018/

"The Diamond Princess will be homeported in Sydney at the end of the year, as the Emerald Princess – one of the successes of the 2016-17 season – is off to Alaska."

Bye!

Welcome to Cruise critic. Thanks for the link.

Bye!

Welcome aboard.