Ncl dawn penthouse suite

MrsGallegoRN

Hi all

Just upgraded to a Penthouse Suite on the Dawn for our March Cruise. This is our first suite. Normally we do a mini suite. I was wondering if any of you experts can tell me what to expect. What are the perks?

Also are the spa services worth it?

Thank you in advance!

Christine :D

We are in a suite both on the Pearl and Sky in March and August of this year-our first SF too! :) My NCL PVP told me in addition to a butler and concierge we get priority embarkation/debarkation/tendering, a dedicated area in the theater to sit, breakfast and lunch in Cagneys with a special menu and spa bath products in the room. We are excited! I will certainly share our experience when we return mid March! :)

Remember to tip butler & concierge

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This why I never want to upgrade to a suite. We are happy with a balcony or minisuite. I do not want a butler or concierge. I will definitely not want to have to tip people I don't even want. I have seen tips for these two services that exceeded my idea of tipping. I see no plus of having breakfast and lunch in cagneys. I like the other choices. Call me weird but I see no benefit.

@hladygirl for $500/pp I found it to be a steal. Not sure I would have done it for the original price. I don't mind tipping people if they deserve it. I have stayed in a mini suite and although it's very nice and I would do it again but since I work hard for my money and can afford to do so I figure why not have the experience. I'm very excited about getting priority seating and disembarkation etc. I can't wait!!

Hi all

Just upgraded to a Penthouse Suite on the Dawn for our March Cruise. This is our first suite. Normally we do a mini suite. I was wondering if any of you experts can tell me what to expect. What are the perks?

Also are the spa services worth it?

Thank you in advance!

Christine :D

Congratulations, You will love it. We sail on the Dawn the third week of March. We love the Suite experience. When one works hard they most definitely deserve to be pampered.

I have never understood people that discourage those that are excited about doing something special like getting upgraded to a suite:(

You will love the extra space and all the special goodies :D

ENJOY!!

9500s

9500 is a great suite. Forward facing balcony beautiful 180° views as you sail. Where at 9500 on the jewel. And we were in 10500 on the Dawn back in September.

We asked our Butler to keep a bowl full of gummy bears and M&Ms in the room at all times. Another hint is for early port days, order room service from your butler. There are breakfast hang tag cards in the room. The carton of checkboxes for breakfast items, but ignore those checkboxes and order whatever you want from the sweets restaurant or main dining room. For example, eggs over easy, bacon, ham, fillet steak, sausage, hash browns, fresh fruit, grilled tomato, mushrooms, cranberry juice, diet Pepsi. Have a great cruise the Dawn is Beautiful since her drydock.

Don't forget to try los Lobos, the guacamole made table side is wonderful.

3f192e02a50f342aebcd885eebb737ee.jpg

Diet Pepsi? Did you have the drink package? Was it worth it? We didn't buy one.

We have all our specialty restaurants booked already. Los Lobos is day 2. The only night I don't have one booked is last night but if I like Los Lobos maybe I'll try to get in again. I was figuring I might be sick of food by then lol.

M&Ms and gummy bears sound fun. If only I ate sugar waaaa I gave it up last year. I'm down almost 100lbs which is why immm so nervous about this vacay and being surrounded by all this food. This is another issue I chose not to near the buffets.

This why I never want to upgrade to a suite. We are happy with a balcony or minisuite. I do not want a butler or concierge. I will definitely not want to have to tip people I don't even want. I have seen tips for these two services that exceeded my idea of tipping. I see no plus of having breakfast and lunch in cagneys. I like the other choices. Call me weird but I see no benefit.

you see no benefit, becuase you have never experienced it.

i am with you, the concierge is completely useless. we've had 2 suites, never used them either time. we are people who book everything in advance on our own so we dont need last minute reservations, etc.

teh butler is a wonderful service. he will bring anything to you at anytime. we also enjoyed having room service for breakfast (free in suites) and pizza delivered when we wanted to stay in and watch movies (free pay per view in suites). he also brought us a cheese plate per our request every night to have when we returned from partying/drinking. priority disembark in ports was an excellent perk, and the breakfast and lunch items in cagneys are far superior to the MDRs. also we found there were more seafood items and fresh items (better salads, etc.) offered for these meals.

i recommend trying a suite on an upgrade deal. we would never pay full price unless it was a deal (which we've yet to see really good deals on suites, and we cruise off-peak).

We upsold as well for the Feb 19 Dawn cruise! We are in 10502 so right above your room, I can't wait, but I have a feeling that it will be hard going back to our usual ocean view or balcony after this! This was a splurge for us after receiving a great medical report, so I hope it lives up to the hype[emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We upsold as well for the Feb 19 Dawn cruise! We are in 10502 so right above your room, I can't wait, but I have a feeling that it will be hard going back to our usual ocean view or balcony after this! This was a splurge for us after receiving a great medical report, so I hope it lives up to the hype[emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We stayed in 10502 on Dawn last august. Loved it!!!!! Huge balcony and room was so nice. Here are a couple pictures da7164e16c11026943aeb80078b7114a.jpg6d8a226a4acced5931039082819288a3.jpg68a2f67c3457bf2fb559c99234c0c9fb.jpg5d4c34734f414f2bfc62619b0bdbd7c1.jpg

Thanks marine mom!! That looks fantastic..was this after the refurb? Do you have pics inside the room too? 9 more days!!

Yes we stayed after refurb. Room was great. Here are the only pictures I have of the inside of the room and the menu from breakfast. I also have pic of snack in our room one day. You can eat at Moderno's for breakfast and lunch (suite guests only) never crowded and fantastic food. 567195cf31bf0129d56b9b9f171505b0.jpg34c5fdbe59bd85c81dfd4a9be6c41233.jpgffdd33b9a0c343008b42ad187ff3db4c.jpga9dae193089040b9f4bb37910d0e6405.jpge92206f0b2f2fefeaea073504d3f69e2.jpg

Great pics Marine mom!! Thank you!! Do you buy a beverage package? We don't drink alcohol. Just thinking I'll drink hot tea

What about thermal spa? Worth it?

I booked all my dinners for each night. I'm hoping I don't miss the shows because of our dinner times [emoji31]

Great pics Marine mom!! Thank you!! Do you buy a beverage package? We don't drink alcohol. Just thinking I'll drink hot tea

What about thermal spa? Worth it?

I booked all my dinners for each night. I'm hoping I don't miss the shows because of our dinner times [emoji31]

We did not have drink package because we too received the suite as an upsell. We are not big drinkers so it was fine. I have never done the thermal spa so I can't comment on that. The shows were fantastic and being in a suite they have a separate area in the theatre for suites only. Most days they have two shows so you won't miss them. You will love your suite and the butler and concierge are great!!!!!

• 1 year later...
We stayed in 10502 on Dawn last august. Loved it!!!!! Huge balcony and room was so nice. Here are a couple pictures da7164e16c11026943aeb80078b7114a.jpg6d8a226a4acced5931039082819288a3.jpg68a2f67c3457bf2fb559c99234c0c9fb.jpg5d4c34734f414f2bfc62619b0bdbd7c1.jpg

Thank you for the info Marine Mom. We are booked in this cabin (10502) on the Dawn. What is that open space right below you in the pic? Is this a public area? Would that not make your balcony less private than other alternatives? I was expecting to be able to look down and see water from our balcony. What did you think of the overall layout and presentation.

The area directly below would be the balcony for the deck 9 penthouse. The large area with the small pool is for crew. We did see them from time to time. Directly above you is the bridge, which is why they need your lights out at night (or the curtains closed.)

Thanks! I see in the pic it is also pretty open to the balcony beside. Is this because the room is adjoining? Would the middle cabins that are not adjoining be better? It looks like rooms 10000,10002,9500,9000 and 9002 are also available. I am trying to make sure I am making the best choice. This will be our first time picking a suite and am really hoping for a great experience! Any insight that can be given would be helpful. I am used to being in a mid ship balcony where they are pretty private (and small!) looking down over water.

Thanks! I see in the pic it is also pretty open to the balcony beside. Is this because the room is adjoining? Would the middle cabins that are not adjoining be better? It looks like rooms 10000,10002,9500,9000 and 9002 are also available. I am trying to make sure I am making the best choice. This will be our first time picking a suite and am really hoping for a great experience! Any insight that can be given would be helpful. I am used to being in a mid ship balcony where they are pretty private (and small!) looking down over water.

Not sure whether due to adjoining or just basic design. In any case, the inner two rooms, especially the ones on 10, generally get better feedback.

Plus the ones on 10 only the bridge can really look down to your balcony and they have to go way to the front.