Final "bill" at end of the cruise

Dall

On my past four Celebrity cruises this year, I have no longer gotten a final statement. I keep up with it on the TV and take a photo of the statement on the morning before disembarkation. There has never been a problem; if there is a charge on my credit card the amount is right, if they owe me money the amount is right. I just don't know why they decided to stop giving a final statement without a word to those of us who were used to getting one...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, neither did we receive one and we also took a photo of the final statement on the TV screen, just in case ;).

We requested one from the MC Conciege on embarkation day, just a few weeks ago, only because our entire cruise on the Summit they were charging us for grats. and some other things daily, when we had the go best package. That cruise they screwed up our account A LOT! In the end We had a credit of a little over 200.00 which they credited back to my credit card. Watch your purchases daily on the tv.

We always request one from GR if we don't receive it the last night. On our last cruise I had to get a new sea pass card midway through due to the old one getting de-magnetized in a purse that had a magnetic closure I forgot about. That new card got things messed up on our bill and it was lucky we checked! We have also gone to the GR desk on last morning of the cruise and been handed back cash for the OBC-R.

We've always gotten a final statement but, more importantly, the last thing I do at night and the first (well second) thing I do in the morning is go online and check our account. Every cruise we have had minor charges that were wrong. With only one exception, last year on Freedom of the Seas, Guest Services always cleared them up right away.

If I don't get a statement, I take a picture of the television screen with my account information.

Ack! Great idea - can't believe I never thought of that lol.

If you do not get the printed statement, it it because somehow it did not get to you or is it because Celebrity no longer prints them and distributes them to the cabins?
I haven't been receiving them on the last few X cruises, so hopefully it is a cost saving measure. I go to GR to ask.

Really, it would be nice if they just emailed a pdf to everyone the last day morning.

Ack! Great idea - can't believe I never thought of that lol.

I haven't been receiving them on the last few X cruises, so hopefully it is a cost saving measure. I go to GR to ask.

Really, it would be nice if they just emailed a pdf to everyone the last day morning.

They heard your suggestion! My recent cruise ended 7 September about 7:00am Venice time as we docked and prepared for disembarkation. Sometime that day about 6:00am (Miami time? 12:00 noon Venice time) I received an email with my final invoice and a 1-844-xxxxxxx phone number. "Call or email us if you have any questions." I don't know the exact timing; because of my email setup they may have sent the email as they were closing the books early that morning, or it may have been a few hours later. In any case, much easier to view and store than several pages of paper.

Note that this Final Invoice did not have the level of detail you would see if you look at an interim either on your TV or at Guest Relations. I.e., it did not show the day-to-day changes for gratuities etc.

Stan

They heard your suggestion! My recent cruise ended 7 September about 7:00am Venice time as we docked and prepared for disembarkation. Sometime that day about 6:00am (Miami time? 12:00 noon Venice time) I received an email with my final invoice and a 1-844-xxxxxxx phone number. "Call or email us if you have any questions." I don't know the exact timing; because of my email setup they may have sent the email as they were closing the books early that morning, or it may have been a few hours later. In any case, much easier to view and store than several pages of paper.

Note that this Final Invoice did not have the level of detail you would see if you look at an interim either on your TV or at Guest Relations. I.e., it did not show the day-to-day changes for gratuities etc.

Stan

Fantastic, thank you for sharing! That's great!

We checked our final bill on the tv on disembarkation morning since a paper copy was not delivered to our stateroom. There was a charge that should not have been charged as we had our stateroom attendant empty our fridge on embarkation day and also take away the bottled waters that were on the vanity. Guest relations removed the charge. I also spoke to our stateroom attendant upon leaving the room and he apologized. Said he got confused about the water.

Low and behold, when I checked our credit card the following day at home, there was another charge for the mini bar pending on my credit card. I had to call Celebrity and once again explain this was not right. So much for taking the time before hand.