SOS HELP!!! Seaside AFT Aurea suite or YC1?

seadude

I have such an urge to say don't give up the YC, P. The cabin may not be as fabulous as the aft one may be (and until people start sailing it looks like that info isn't being made available by MSC anytime soon) but at least you'll have the enclave to escape to if the ship is packed and chaotic. I know that we felt that way on Meraviglia. I don't think we'd have enjoyed our cruise were it not for the fact that we were in YC. The level of service and attention we received - especially when things were going wrong for us - was way above anything we would have experienced had we been in "steerage" (for want of a better word).

You should find a better word. For anyone familiar with the conditions that immigrants, like my grandparents, endured in REAL steerage, equating it in any way with a passenger in ANY cabin is kind of grotesque.

You should find a better word. For anyone familiar with the conditions that immigrants, like my grandparents, endured in REAL steerage, equating it in any way with a passenger in ANY cabin is kind of grotesque.

I respect your right to take offence from where none was intended.

That term is used frequently here (in jest!) to describe the ship areas outside of the YC enclave and most people have no problem with it. If you have - deal with it!

Pffft. Lol. We love MSC and happily make friends with bartenders, wait staff, and passengers from all over the world. But YC does have some pretty great perks. And the food...I'm all about the food! :)

Well, as you know, someone has to be the riff-raff. We made our best attempt at it. How did we do?

Terms like steerage, riffraff, commoners, etc. are used in jest. There is no ill will intended towards anyone.

Even jokes about Yacht Club/Haven folks getting to use a lifeboats before everyone else (Titanic style) are just for fun...not to make light of people dying while on a cruise (Costa Concordia).

Even the least expensive stateroom gets a room steward, sit-down meals in a restaurant and everything else associated with a cruise. The good life. 👍

We enjoyed meeting you and your family! The closest thing to classless I saw was the woman with the 8 children (maybe 3-4) constantly complaining, whining, and demanding everything of the poor crew attending to her.

I just started a group on FB for the 12-23-17 and EVERYone is welcome! 😊

Well, as you know, someone has to be the riff-raff. We made our best attempt at it. How did we do?

We enjoyed meeting you and your family! The closest thing to classless I saw was the woman with the 8 children (maybe 3-4) constantly complaining, whining, and demanding everything of the poor crew attending to her.

I just started a group on FB for the 12-23-17 and EVERYone is welcome!

Right, Octomom. That group was a doozy.

• 3 months later...
We have a Deck 14 Aft suite booked for the Xmas cruise this year, previously had a Deck 10 Aft balcony on the first T.A to Miami, the aft Seaside suites will have great views along with the choice of being at the back or along the side with the wraparound balconies.

Hi there

We have the aft suite 12260 booked for July. Could you send me some pics please. So excited

Hi, after more than 20 cruises I never thought that I was going to ask for a cabin advice but this one seems a hard one. Got a Black card match and we are going to try the Divina YC1 on April but I want to reserve the Seaside for March 2018 and seems open all the AFT Aurea suites. I love the wake and the wrap around seems very tempting. We don't drink so Sprite and water will be good for us so the all inclusive package of the YC don't matter too much for us but the private area, the Muse restaurant and the extra perks will be cool to have. YC1 its $5,400 Aurea AFT Suites are $3,700

Worth every $ to get a YC1 cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had the same dilemma. Some of those suites do look enticing.:cool:

I haven't booked yet, but when I do it'll be the Yacht Club (at least this time, maybe upcoming reviews will convince me to try one of the suites in the future).

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, after more than 20 cruises I never thought that I was going to ask for a cabin advice but this one seems a hard one. Got a Black card match and we are going to try the Divina YC1 on April but I want to reserve the Seaside for March 2018 and seems open all the AFT Aurea suites. I love the wake and the wrap around seems very tempting. We don't drink so Sprite and water will be good for us so the all inclusive package of the YC don't matter too much for us but the private area, the Muse restaurant and the extra perks will be cool to have. YC1 its $5,400 Aurea AFT Suites are $3,700

The private areas are worth it. Lee Muse and the promised service and attention are not. You would do better dinning at the specialty restaurants.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

MSC Yacht Club all the way! We did yacht Club this past April on the Divina........ AMAZING! worth every dime! Rooms are bigger and you have personal service the entire time, Fabulous! Sailing MSC Seaside Yacht Club this April . Can't wait!!!!!!!

I would choose the Aurea and eat in the speciality restaurants. Not all the YC cabins are bigger than the Aurea suits (so I would check the size of YC cabin) There are comparison sites that give you a more accurate info on size of cabin.

Aurea cabins also have access to private area where there is a hot tub and bar. Not as much attention as you would get in the YC, but enough for us.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk