Captain Club cabin upgrade

justfun111

Hi,can someone help me.We are Captain club members and looking at a cruise in 2019 on the Celebrity Solstice.How does the cabin upgrade work if we want a 2B can we get the price of the lower cabin instead of 2B price. Thanks for your help

Our TA always gets us the one-level upgrade; e.g. 2B for the price of 2C.

There was a price reduction on the cruise we were booked on for balcony cabins so I called the TA and took an upgrade to go from OV to balcony, then used the upgrade to get a better cabin with the upgrade. Worked out great for us. PERFECT location, unobstructed, mid-ship, which is just what we like. Total for the upgrade was $28 each.

I don't think CC upgrades are available on holiday sailings.

Correct, there are other exceptions too. From the X website:

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.

New to Celebrity but CC member due to RCI Pinnacle. Can I request and get an S1 suite for the price of an S2, then?

Perhaps what 39august really wanted to know is weather a person who's Captain Club status is because of their Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor status still eligible for the 1 subcategory upgrade on Celebrity bookings.

I am also interested in the answer to this. TIA

Denise

Perhaps what 39august really wanted to know is weather a person who's Captain Club status is because of their Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor status still eligible for the 1 subcategory upgrade on Celebrity bookings.

I am also interested in the answer to this. TIADenise

Yes, you are still eligible for the upgrade even if your CC status is the result of your C&A status.

Mike