Princess "Come Back New Sale" begins March 7th

MCC retired

I just noticed that the cruise fare for this offer includes "taxes, fees & port expenses".

So there is a slight price reduction of $55 for the cruise we're considering after adding the free gratuities.

Also the $50 per flight reduction is an additional savings when using EZair.

Our party of three recently booked on the Island Princess. Put a call to Expedia agent and added free gratuities $400 less on cruise price and a Master Card promo netted a $900 OBC! No free air on the partial canal sailing in September

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A cruise we're considering had an $85/pp net price increase for free gratuities...they give a little bit & take back even more in return. :rolleyes:

Non-sale promotions are becoming the norm for Princess but a friend who has a career in travel marketing (not Princess) said Princess will keep creating such useless deals as long as they generate an increase in sales. She said not everyone is as knowledgeable as some experienced travelers & those less informed passengers don't realize that too often such offers are not a better net price. :(

As long as Princess marketing can increase income with such useless offers then this trend will continue. Some passengers may benefit from Princess offers (I no longer refer to them as sales ;)) however that doesn't happen often for cruises we're seeking & based on posts there appears to be many in the same situation as us.

Princess keeps dangling lower quality bait while trolling for passengers & apparently they feel it's cost-effective. So apparently there's no incentive for them to offer additional benefits to increase sales by giving passengers a true sale price.

Celebrity started the non sale promo ball rolling in 2015 with their "pick your perk" thing, and it seems the other lines are following suit.

Rule of thumb I always tell everyone looking at cruises -

a. figure out what the bottom line is with these "offers"rolled in

b. Ask your TA to search for FLASH pricing

What if you don't need airfare? Do they offer OBC instead. Like deal we booked with free drink package. We didn't want it and were credited OBC in place of it.

Chris

That's definitely a better way to go rather than being forced to drink enough to make the package pay for itself.

I was already booked for a Sept, 2017 cruise when the last sip and sail sale came out. I called and got it added to my reservation with no problem.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

I was under the impression that you cannot add perks from a current sale to a cruise booked under a previous sale:(.....did something change?:confused:.

I was under the impression that you cannot add perks from a current sale to a cruise booked under a previous sale:(.....did something change?:confused:.

You cannot add new perks to the ones you got from the previous sale. You can usually reprice your booking under the current sale - you keep the same cabin and booking number, you pay the price and receive the perks currently offered, and you lose the price and perks you had previously. I have done this several times with no problem.

I know of one exception. If you booked early with a Captain's Circle Launch Savings discount, that discount may still be applicable to the price under a new sale. I have done this, but I don't know that it always applies.

Celebrity started the non sale promo ball rolling in 2015 with their "pick your perk" thing, and it seems the other lines are following suit.

A masterful piece of marketing.

You can pick good, better or best perks and the ones you pick after any that might be included in the listed fare often cost more than if you purchased them separately from the booking itself.

For example, on one offering you could pay to go from better to best and get free gratuities and $150 OBC added to the booking. The value of these two perks is $315.

But the cost of going from better to best is $540.

What a deal!!

The PDF prices are higher than what we paid for October Panama Canal. We already have free grats and OBC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just booked this one like this as well for October. I was happy with the free grats but sad to see no $300 airfare credit for this itinerary. :(

My initial booking was on Expedia with a Master Card OBC perk, nothing from Princess so the agent was able to add the free gratuities . Yes no free air but a lower price of $400 per cabin. This was within 2 days of the original booking. I will continue to look for any other promotions that may apply

You cannot add new perks to the ones you got from the previous sale. You can usually reprice your booking under the current sale - you keep the same cabin and booking number, you pay the price and receive the perks currently offered, and you lose the price and perks you had previously. I have done this several times with no problem.

I know of one exception. If you booked early with a Captain's Circle Launch Savings discount, that discount may still be applicable to the price under a new sale. I have done this, but I don't know that it always applies.

That was my understanding but I was questioning it because a previous poster said they had the current promotion of free gratituties added to the booking they did under the 3 for free promotion and lost nothing....maybe I misunderstood.

That was my understanding but I was questioning it because a previous poster said they had the current promotion of free gratituties added to the booking they did under the 3 for free promotion and lost nothing....maybe I misunderstood.

Since one of the "3 for free" is free gratuities, I do not know what the poster was asking for with the current promotion.

Does anyone remember when the "3 for free " promotion was offered the last time?? I booked our last cruise in November with it but can't remember when it was offered(senior moment).

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sept. 8 2016

• 2 months later...

Has anyone sailed with this promotion in a full suite that included "Book a suite for a FREE spa treatment‡‡" that got shipboard credit or something else in place of the spa treatment? I'm not a spa person and hate to lose the value of this perk.

• 2 weeks later...

There was no promo deal running when I originally booked the cruise, so I was able to get the offer when it came up.