Which specialty restaurant for a vegetarian?

nojoke

As part of our benefits for an upcoming Caribbean Princess cruise, we are getting free specialty restaurant vouchers @ $29.95 each. We are vegetarian and wonder which restaurant would be our best bet.
Our daughter is vegetarian and she was able to have a good meal at Sabatini's. At the Crown Grill her only real option was to request and receive the DR vegetarian entree for that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sabatini's. I realize that you have a voucher so it isn't "real money" so to speak, but it would be much easier to get $29 worth of value at Sabatini's than it would at the Crown Grill. While looking at the menus can be a guide, in reality you will do better speaking with the waiter and having the kitchen put together a meal for you that is off-menu, at least for some courses. For example, at Sabatini's you could ask your waiter if you could have a plate with burrata, tomatoes, arugula and a balsamic drizzle and they would put that together for you even if it isn't on the menu. There is usually a plate of grilled vegetables on the menu that is really good. Even if the pasta of the day is made with guanciale or beef sugo, you could ask the kitchen to put together a puttanesca-style sauce (without anchovies if you don't eat fish), or some other non-meat sauce and they would happily oblige. The bottom line is that the pantry of Sabatini's will be stocked with ingredients that will make a terrific vegetarian meal without compromise, but the pantry of the Crown Grill will leave the kitchen with far fewer options.

I agree with the recommendation of Sabatini's.

Also it would be a good idea to discuss the menu with the head waiter there the day before you eat there. With one day's notice, they may be able to customize the menu more than they could if you wait until you arrive.

I also recommend you discuss your vegetarian restrictions with the head waiter in the MDR. They may be able to give you some more options than are on the menu if you plan ahead.

I agree with other about the Sabatini's recommendation as well as reinforcing the suggestion to speak to the head waiter before you go to Sabatini's and see if they can preplan a vegetarian option. As others have mentioned, I'm sure it's possible to have them whip something up, and I'm sure you would be happy with it.

looks like Sabbatini's wins! Thanks to all for the good suggestions about speaking to the head waiter in advance. We're quite content with the MDR vegetarian choices--and they are always willing to make just a vegetable plate or spaghetti that is not on the menu for my picky DH.

My wife is a vegetarian and was worried about her choices in the specialty restaurants. She spoke with the head waiter at Sabatini's and he was very gracious and accommodating. Together they selected a full course meal she was more than satisfied with.

Sent from my rotary dial phone...

Thanks so much for the advice--Sabatini's makes sense, since it is Italian--pasta, etc.

No matter which specialty restaurant you pick, go the day before and speak with the headwaiter there.

He can help you select what to have and can often (with this advance notice) have some dishes that normally would not be vegetarian be made to be vegetarian. For example, a soup that normally would have chicken stock can be prepared differently.