Freedom's food does a 360!

ckrobyn

My favorite is strawberry daiquiri and pina colada, but the mango colada is also delicious [emoji2] sadly, there was no banana anything or I would have had it.

The mocha fraps and caramel macchiato were excellent fro the cafe promenade.

I'm currently sitting in FLL wondering why no one is taking my drink order [emoji30]

The suggestions sound good. And by the way, I a big fan of banana, too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The suggestions sound good. And by the way, I a big fan of banana, too. I've had some banana coladas on past cruises. I was actually thinking about the possibility of a mango colada. Mangos remind me of the Caribbean for some reason.

I am sure your drink waiter will be by shortly......;)

We were on Indy 2years ago at terminal 29, and itwas a mess. Hugh lines getting on and off.

When we booked Freedom this year, I was not looking forwardto using this terminal again.

It was a totally different experience. We arrived at theterminal about the same time as before, about 1030 , and there were no lines atall. Got directed to the D+ line andwere through security and in line for our seapass card in minutes.

Departure was just as quick. We had tag 4 and the instructions were be in the star lounge 15 minutes beforewe were scheduled to be called. We left for the lounge 20 minutes before and they had already called our number.

We had loaded Mobile passporton our phone, so I added to necessary information just as we were leaving, soonce we got our luggage, we went to the customs line for mobile passport ,which had no line, and were out in minutes. I noticed that there was also a global entry line that also was notbusy.

It looked to me that there were getting the departing passengers off much more quickly than they had before, leaving a lot more space for processing boarding passengers..

Hi everyone, I am currently onboard the Freedom and since my last cruise on her in November, there have been major improvements [emoji2]

I posted LIVE last time, and while I don't usually comment all that much about the food, I felt compelled to, because it was terrible. My feelings were shared by many who were on the same cruise as well as those who cruised shortly after.

There is no question that there have been MAJOR improvements in the food quality and selection on the Freedom. Of course the MDR menu's are the same, however the presentation and taste are vastly improved. In November the cuts of meat were tough and grissly, this time they were lean and tender. The escargot in garlic butter was tasteless (think no garlic whatsoever), this time it was great. There is a crab salad offered one night, and on the last cruise there was no crab to be seen at all, this time there was a nice sized crab claw on top, and plenty of crab in the salad. These are just a few examples, but it should also be noted that the food was served hot, and the service in My Time was excellent.

The Windjammer is where I've seen the most change/improvement. The selection at both lunch and dinner is great. They have actually changed where the desserts are located, to make more room for additional entrees. The options are greatly improved, as is the taste and temperature.

In November there were 3 sandwich options in the Cafe Promenade, there are now 6. The only item available in Sorrento's was pizza (which was really bad pizza), but this time there are 3 shelves of anti-pasta including salads, cheeses and meats as well as marinated artichokes, roasted garlic etc.

I did try the pizza again, and while not outstanding, it was actually pretty good [emoji106]

I bought the 2 night BOGO dining package online, and we had a fantastic dinner at Giovanni's the first night, and an even better dinner at Chops the 2nd night (formal night). This may be hard to believe, but the steak served to me was the best steak I've ever eaten [emoji44]

Overall, this has been a wonderful cruise in a terrific ship with a happy crew. Our weather has been perfect every single day, sunny and hot!!

If you have any questions let me know. It's the last night, so I may not answer right away, but I have a late flight back to Toronto tomorrow, so lots of time to answer questions from FLL!

Happy Cruising!!!

ada801537b69ecebe4688104ad4b19de.jpg

Glad to hear I'm doing the 10/22 sailing

Yes, the coffee machine was fully operational in the DL.

I am going to get a definitive answer for you about Squeeze, hang tight [emoji6]

The coffee machine in the DL broke down in the next to last day. [emoji17]

The coffee machine in the DL broke down in the next to last day. [emoji17]

Oh dear, I wasn't aware of that. The machine worked fine until then I guess ....

Nice to hear. Hopefully it's not just the Freedom that's improving.

We've had great weather back here and the snow that you left behind a week ago is now a distant memory.:)

The food on Jewel in January was really good. Hopefully that means they've improved fleetwide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I understood that 180 would have been from good to bad and 360 from good to bad and back to good;p:hearteyes:;p

Dear All,

I too understood 360 degrees being a return to NORMAL. Food was good. Then we had a 180 degree change to BAD. Now we have had a further 180 degree change to GOOD

So, the math nerd in me says the OP was 100% correct

:) :)

Good news to hear!

Warm Regards,

Panjabi

How did your friend like the Ben and Jerrys sweet? Did she get the perks or did she have to ask?

Eager to know as I booked it on the Freedom on June.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Forums mobile app

She really liked it!!! The perks were great, and she did receive a gold seapass card for use getting in and out of the Concierge Lounge. The free ice cream was a small single scoop, and only one per day [emoji41]

The crew door definitely was banging at all hours of the night, but she called Guest Relations and it was less noisy after that.

Dear All,

I too understood 360 degrees being a return to NORMAL. Food was good. Then we had a 180 degree change to BAD. Now we have had a further 180 degree change to GOOD

So, the math nerd in me says the OP was 100% correct

:) :)

Good news to hear!

Warm Regards,

Panjabi

Thanks! That was exactly my calculations too [emoji106]

and the debate continues...... lol [emoji12]

Oops. After reading some more of the posts, I agree with the 360 now. I hadn't read all the way through all of the posts. Guilty of that, once again.

I am just glad to hear good reports on the food. I have never found it to be that awful- but it had gotten very "banquet food/rubber chicken" for awhile.

We are also boarding this Saturday and am so happy to hear about the food quality improvement! I was getting a little disheartened after reading reviews and reports in November and December. This will be my very first cruise and I sure wouldn't want it to be my last because of food.

... Were you able to find out if Luggage Valet is available??? Thanks.
... Let us know if Luggage Valet is back.

Fair winds

- - - - -

LUGGAGE VALET:

- Yes, Luggage Valet is back on Freedom of the Seas.

- Reference to following thread; Robyn graciously has volunteered to post a copy of the current form when she gets back. :)

-- Thread "Do you have a copy of 2017 Freedom of the Seas LUGGAGE VALET handout/form?" :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2460373

• If possible, could someone please post a copy of the Luggage Valet handout/form pages for any Freedom of the Seas 2017 sailings so far? (Port Everglades for FLL/MIA)
  • We used luggage valet on Freedom's January 21 sailing with Southwest Airlines. But I don't have the form.
  • I am currently on Freedom and will try and post one [emoji2]

---

Edited by cj02