Freedom's food does a 360!

ckrobyn

Great news! I sure wish the Windjammer on the Grandeur would show a good improvement. Lately it has really been bad. We will be back on it in May and will see.

Carol,

Good to hear you are back. Sounds like the cruise was great. We just got off the Grandeur Saturday and unfortunately the food was mediocre at best. Hopefully it will be better for your trip in May. Did meet Ed and Pat. Neat couple that we enjoyed in the lounge.

Cindy

I should mention that embarkation was probably the fastest and smoothest I've ever experienced. We arrived at the port at about 9:45AM, and we were boarding by 10:50AM, and onboard by 11 [emoji41]

I also had the opportunity to meet and chat with this legend....very nice guy!!!

1667036cd49fa0a18065a45401682694.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There 's an article in today's New York Times business section where they write about him : " Calling a Cruise Ship Home : See the World , See it Again ". There are two nice photos of him , too .

She really liked it!!! The perks were great, and she did receive a gold seapass card for use getting in and out of the Concierge Lounge. The free ice cream was a small single scoop, and only one per day [emoji41]

The crew door definitely was banging at all hours of the night, but she called Guest Relations and it was less noisy after that.

Thanks for the info Robyn. I guess we'd better pack the earplugs!

Sent from my SM-J700F using Forums mobile app

We sailed on Freedom in November and were very disappointed in the choices and quality of food in both the main dining room and Windjammer. Very glad to hear that they have improved.

What I still have a hard time rectifying is the thousands of passengers whose cruises were negatively effected by the dining choices. I know our experience on the the November Freedom cruise will effect our choices on future cruises.

Pretty sure it was 5-8:30PM

Just off the Freedom ( Feb.26 - March4 ) and the time in the DL 4;30 to 8:00. The food IMO was really good. The Windjammer had a good selection. The main dining hall was really good ( we ate a lot of fish) and I had the prime rib and it was remarkably tender, cooked medium rare and hot. I was talking to one of the chefs and he was on the Allure and was "transferred" to the Freedom. I think it may have been to pick up the food quality but that is only speculation on my part.

Thanks for the updates on the food! I'm on the Freedom in April for the TA. I saw references to BOGO. Is that a dining option...a CAS benefit ?? I'm currently D but will be D+ by the end of the TA.

We purchased the 2 night BOGO dining package (to be used on the first 2 nights) - this option was available to everyone on the cruise planner, regardless of C&A status.

The onboard BOGO is a C&A perk for the first night - I know it is offered to me as D+, not sure if it is also for Diamonds, maybe someone can clarity?