Freedom's food does a 360!

ckrobyn

Hi everyone, I am currently onboard the Freedom and since my last cruise on her in November, there have been major improvements [emoji2]

I posted LIVE last time, and while I don't usually comment all that much about the food, I felt compelled to, because it was terrible. My feelings were shared by many who were on the same cruise as well as those who cruised shortly after.

There is no question that there have been MAJOR improvements in the food quality and selection on the Freedom. Of course the MDR menu's are the same, however the presentation and taste are vastly improved. In November the cuts of meat were tough and grissly, this time they were lean and tender. The escargot in garlic butter was tasteless (think no garlic whatsoever), this time it was great. There is a crab salad offered one night, and on the last cruise there was no crab to be seen at all, this time there was a nice sized crab claw on top, and plenty of crab in the salad. These are just a few examples, but it should also be noted that the food was served hot, and the service in My Time was excellent.

The Windjammer is where I've seen the most change/improvement. The selection at both lunch and dinner is great. They have actually changed where the desserts are located, to make more room for additional entrees. The options are greatly improved, as is the taste and temperature.

In November there were 3 sandwich options in the Cafe Promenade, there are now 6. The only item available in Sorrento's was pizza (which was really bad pizza), but this time there are 3 shelves of anti-pasta including salads, cheeses and meats as well as marinated artichokes, roasted garlic etc.

I did try the pizza again, and while not outstanding, it was actually pretty good [emoji106]

I bought the 2 night BOGO dining package online, and we had a fantastic dinner at Giovanni's the first night, and an even better dinner at Chops the 2nd night (formal night). This may be hard to believe, but the steak served to me was the best steak I've ever eaten [emoji44]

Overall, this has been a wonderful cruise in a terrific ship with a happy crew. Our weather has been perfect every single day, sunny and hot!!

If you have any questions let me know. It's the last night, so I may not answer right away, but I have a late flight back to Toronto tomorrow, so lots of time to answer questions from FLL!

Happy Cruising!!!

ada801537b69ecebe4688104ad4b19de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to read your post. I have been wondering how your week is going.

I remember you saying that you had the refreshment package this week. Does it cover what they serve at the "Squeeze Bar" on the pool deck? I'm still trying to decide whether to keep or cancel the package. Was the coffee machine in the Diamond Lounge operational?

Have a safe flight home if I don't catch up with you before you leave the ship.

Robyn, Thank you for this encouraging report. We embark next Saturday and I was dreading the food situation after reading the reports found here. Earlier today I was thinking of adding to my 4 days of specialty dining, but with this news I'll wait till I'm on the ship to make that decision.

Safe travels home.

Tom

Hi, Robyn. That is such good news.

But I think that you mean 180. 360 would mean a full circle, or right back where you started from! ;) :D

Now that's funny. I never picked up on that oversight, and usually I am all over things like that.

Thanks to the OP for the update. We are on the Freedom in 15 days, so your news is music to our ears.

Hi, Robyn. That is such good news.

But I think that you mean 180. 360 would mean a full circle, or right back where you started from! ;) :D

Ughhhh [emoji30] you're right!!!

Great to read your post. I have been wondering how your week is going.

I remember you saying that you had the refreshment package this week. Does it cover what they serve at the "Squeeze Bar" on the pool deck? I'm still trying to decide whether to keep or cancel the package. Was the coffee machine in the Diamond Lounge operational?

Have a safe flight home if I don't catch up with you before you leave the ship.

Yes, the coffee machine was fully operational in the DL.

I am going to get a definitive answer for you about Squeeze, hang tight [emoji6]

Robyn, Thank you for this encouraging report. We embark next Saturday and I was dreading the food situation after reading the reports found here. Earlier today I was thinking of adding to my 4 days of specialty dining, but with this news I'll wait till I'm on the ship to make that decision.

Safe travels home.

Tom

Good idea Tom, I think you will be pleasantly surprised [emoji106]

I should mention that embarkation was probably the fastest and smoothest I've ever experienced. We arrived at the port at about 9:45AM, and we were boarding by 10:50AM, and onboard by 11 [emoji41]

I also had the opportunity to meet and chat with this legend....very nice guy!!!

1667036cd49fa0a18065a45401682694.jpg

I should mention that embarkation was probably the fastest and smoothest I've ever experienced. We arrived at the port at about 9:45AM, and we were boarding by 10:50AM, and onboard by 11 [emoji41]

I also had the opportunity to meet and chat with this legend....very nice guy!!!

1667036cd49fa0a18065a45401682694.jpg

How is Super Mario doing these days? Is he staying on Freedom for a while?