Tipping tips

joltfreek

Going on my 1st Cruise April 29th on the Ecstasy. Have read a few things about bringing cash with you to tip. We plan to do so but my main question is how much, how often and to who do you tip on the ship? For example how much would you tip for a drink and would you tip every drink you order? Do you tip in the dining room, etc? Thanks for the help!

Tips are automatically added on to the drink total. Auto tips cover room stewards, dining room wait staff and lido dining waiters. .

We usually give a little extra to the room steward and the wait staff. If we do room service, we will tip the waiter a few dollars.

Tips are covered.....the daily fee covers all the room attendants and food servers and a tip is included on the drink tab to cover that.

We give a few $'s when we order room service and that is about it.

It is already figured out for you....just go enjoy the cruise.

If you want to have excellent service, tip a $1 for drinks. We usually do and never have a problem finding service.

We also give a little extra to our waiters and housekeeping depending on how good they do(sometimes not). A little cash goes a long way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

When I have pre-paid alcoholic drinks, I hand the server my ship card with a dollar bill folded underneath. This results in not having to sign a receipt many times. The servers get to know you, and remember your generosity often with exceptional service thereafter.

The ships are advertised as "cashless"...so there is no need to carry cash around with you. When you buy something, there is a line for "added tip"...if you feel the need, you can write in more than what they are adding to your bill.

We tip our "regular" bartenders on the last evening...not "per drink". Service does NOT suffer one bit by tipping on the last evening as is customary on a ship.

The ships are advertised as "cashless"...so there is no need to carry cash around with you. When you buy something, there is a line for "added tip"...if you feel the need, you can write in more than what they are adding to your bill.

We tip our "regular" bartenders on the last evening...not "per drink". Service does NOT suffer one bit by tipping on the last evening as is customary on a ship.

When you add it to the receipt doesnt it go into the pool?

One of the nice/easy parts of cruising is a majority of your tips are auto'd/pre-paid so you don't have to worry about carrying cash around with you. The pre-paid gratuity you see on your cruise fare covers the person who cleans your room, your waiters, and a couple other areas. Even when you buy a drink onboard there is an auto 15% gratuity. I usually only tip extra when someone brings something to me i.e. room service, the drink waiters who walk around the pool decks and show lounges. At the end of the week I usually give a little extra to anyone who made the week great i.e. room stew, favorite bartenders.

One other tip no one's mentioned so far is the porters when you drop your checked baggage. We usually tip $3 or so per bag... 3 bags- $10. 2 bags- $7-8... if you're taking a porter when you leave the ship, you'll also need to tip them- great idea if you're not doing self-debarkation to use a porter, since they will usually expedite getting you through customs!

We usually tip porter ....

Porter $5 - $10

Room Service $1 - $2

Excursion or Bus $2 -$20 really just depends how great the experience was.

It is entirly up to you what you decide to tip this is just what we do. Happy Cruzin

Just hand anyone you see $100.

OMG Gut. You the man! Bloody tipping. People act like they are the sultan of Bruni throwing dollar bills to anyone who does the remotest thing for them. Hello its their job!

I love reading people's post telling others who and how much to tip, it's beyond me.

I DO tip but no one and I mean no one will tell me how much I "should" tip and if they don't give me satisfactory service.... guess what.... they get nothing! Nothing!

• 2 weeks later...
OMG Gut. You the man! Bloody tipping. People act like they are the sultan of Bruni throwing dollar bills to anyone who does the remotest thing for them. Hello its their job!

I love reading people's post telling others who and how much to tip, it's beyond me.

I DO tip but no one and I mean no one will tell me how much I "should" tip and if they don't give me satisfactory service.... guess what.... they get nothing! Nothing!

"Sulton of Bruni"???? Is he the tipping God? I think we get the point that no one (and you do mean no one) will tell you "anything". After reading the thread, I did not see anybody telling you how much "you" should tip. Happy cruising!

Sent from my iPad using Forums