Help me wow my husband: NCL, RC, Carnival or?

aimcat

Hey guys! Need some expert help here! My husband and I are wanting to cruise in April, out of Florida, Alabama or Louisiana. We have previously only sailed with carnival so only have experience with them. Our last ship was Dream and at the time it was the biggest and one of the best besides Oasis class. So now 7 years later we would love to take another cruise. I have been going back and forth on all the lines and ships. I've been trying to show my husband videos of the different ships. I need help picking the right cruise. We like: great food, entertainment, comedy, an adults only place to relax. My husband is not big on huge crowds but it's a cruise and I know that's impossible to avoid!

We are mid 30s. No kids, just us traveling. My husband wants to be wowed! We would love a full blown suite but realistically a balcony or mini suite is probably more in the budget.

Ships we are considering:

RC - Oasis class

NC - Escape

Carnival Vista

MSC Divina

And any others you guys might recommend or advice on which of these might do the trick!?

Thanks!

Hey guys! Need some expert help here! My husband and I are wanting to cruise in April, out of Florida, Alabama or Louisiana. We have previously only sailed with carnival so only have experience with them. Our last ship was Dream and at the time it was the biggest and one of the best besides Oasis class. So now 7 years later we would love to take another cruise. I have been going back and forth on all the lines and ships. I've been trying to show my husband videos of the different ships. I need help picking the right cruise. We like: great food, entertainment, comedy, an adults only place to relax. My husband is not big on huge crowds but it's a cruise and I know that's impossible to avoid!

We are mid 30s. No kids, just us traveling. My husband wants to be wowed! We would love a full blown suite but realistically a balcony or mini suite is probably more in the budget.

RC - Oasis class

NC - Escape

Carnival Vista

MSC Divina

And any others you guys might recommend or advice on which of these might do the trick!?

Thanks!

The Divina is elegant and offers more adult activities. We have been on the Getaway (sister ship to Escape) twice the and love beverage perk! I'd vote for either of those ships! I reviewed them on my blog too-

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2016/07/msc-divina-cruise-review-all-about.html

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2016/06/norwegian-getaway-review.html

RC - Oasis class

NC - Escape

Carnival Vista

MSC Divina

Thanks!

The Carnival Vista is the only one with a half way decent itinerary and ports. Oasis and Allure have some major suckage in that category.

The Escape has some seriously great entertainment, Carnival is usually fairly blase and I've heard the Allure and Oasis have good entertainment, but I don't have any firsthand experience and I know nothing about MSC.

Sorry, I can't help you because my personal option would be none of the above. I would choose the Getaway, Dawn, Jade or Pearl, the 9 day itinerary of the RC Navigator of the Seas, the Carnival Magic or a couple of Princess ships because I like the itineraries better.

Best ships: Gem, Pearl and Navigator of the Seas.

Least number of kids: Princess

If I got to choose any of these it would be (drum roll) Navigator of the Seas - 9 Day - April 14 - Miami

Hubby and I (50) did the Oasis last Oct. We were impressed!

This was #14 on RCI & Carnival and 1 NCL.

It has a Zip line, boardwalk, central park, flowrider, diving show at sea, wouldn't hesitate to do it again and take the adult kids.

Negative you have to book shows and since we booked last minute we couldn't go to any comedy shows.

The Broadway Cats show we got up and left (it was just not our thing)

RC - Oasis class

NC - Escape

Carnival Vista

MSC Divina

Thanks!

Sounds like you might want to look at a Celebrity cruise. Much better food, adult experience and more space per passenger. They have three Solstice class ships sailing out of Florida. 7, 11, or 14 night cruises.

Enjoy!

Kel:D

We love Celebrity and RCCL. But the #1 on a cruise for us is a great night life. So that put Breakaway in first place. (Haven't sailed Escape but not a huge difference?) I know a lot of people don't like the new NCL ships but we honestly only felt huge crowds a couple of times. One being at the buffet so we avoid it.

Sounds like you might want to look at a Celebrity cruise. Much better food, adult experience and more space per passenger. They have three Solstice class ships sailing out of Florida. 7, 11, or 14 night cruises.

Enjoy!

I agree; if you want to "wow" someone, take them on a Celebrity S-class ship, they are stunningly beautiful. The ships are very similar (except the Reflection has more pax); I'd pick the Silhouette, personally, because it has the Lawn Club Grill rather than the Hot Glass Show.

Love the Celebrity S class. I agree beautiful ships. I've never been in a suite but they have there own dining room.

I was just on the MSC Divina in the Yacht Club and it was wonderful. Wonderful service, wonderful adult area, You are really pampered and spoiled, But there is no comedy, The entertainment is unique, good but opera sometimes, different, all music based. If you like to dance it appeared there was a lot of dancing around the ship with actual dance hosts that got people on the dance floor. One thing to remember with Divina is a good chunk of the passengers are from Europe and might not even speak English. It really isn't a typical American cruise.

I like that many Carnival ships have Comedians on board and do Comedy shows every night. I'm not sure you will get pampered like you desire though. There is an adult only area but it seems like many stake out a spot and stay there all day so you might not find a spot there.

Some Princess ships have an area called Sanctuary that is for sun bathing. It is an extra charge. My husband bought it for a week on the Ruby and we loved it. We felt very pampered there. So if laying out on the deck is important look into Princess ships with a Sanctuary.

I wanted to add. I think I would take MSC Divina off the list if you don't do Yacht Club. Or at least do some more research to see if it would fit your needs.

RC - Oasis class

NC - Escape

Carnival Vista

MSC Divina

Thanks!

Just got off the NCL star 33 day cruise. worst vacation of any cruise. company is the problem . Ship broke down in Tasman sea and had to be towed back to port. Passengers abandoned ship there. Rude execs and officers. Poor info transmission.

Never again on a NCL ship. NEVER

look at the Star's reviews and expand it to NCL as a company.

google NCL Star problems.

If you are looking for fun, Carnival advertises they are the fun ships. If you are looking for a bit of luxury (but not wanting to do Celebrity), go Royal Caribbean. NCL, in my opinion, sort of splits the difference. At least on NCL, you can usually get free drinks with the Free at Sea promotion (that will run you about $400 per person on Carnival and RCCL).

Need a little more info .. was it 2017 or 2018 and what is your budget around? Depending on exactly when you are going, what kind of room you want to stay in and your budget ... Oasis is lovely (haven't done Allure, but sure it is as well), loved the Getaway too and even without kids I'd do it again. We're doing the Escape coming up ...

If you can do an Escape aft balcony, I'd go for that ... we had one on Getaway and loved it!

Enjoy!

Agree with Celebrity but the food is not much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done about 35 cruises. DH won't sail Carnival. We just got off the Liberty of the Seas in an owner's suite...he hated the cabin. He said no more suites on Royal Caribbean. His favorite cabin is a Haven Aft Suite on the Breakaway. Our next cruise is on the Jade and the following will be Crystal for the first time. Saying all this he prefers NCL.