RCI independance of the seas - will the cabin fit us all?!

Hi all,

As the name would suggest, we have just booked our first cruise (reccommended by my father-in law). I have sooo many questions but my main concern at the moment is will my family fit in an Oceanview State room?

I have a 2 and a 3 year old and from what I have seen they are too young for the pullman but I dont think our cabin is listed as having a sofabed ( surely they wouldnt let us book if we dont all fit? ( I believe ours is category G)

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

As the name would suggest, we have just booked our first cruise (reccommended by my father-in law). I have sooo many questions but my main concern at the moment is will my family fit in an Oceanview State room?

I have a 2 and a 3 year old and from what I have seen they are too young for the pullman but I dont think our cabin is listed as having a sofabed ( surely they wouldnt let us book if we dont all fit? ( I believe ours is category G)

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance

You can only book - and fit - all of you in a stateroom that is specifically dedicated to hold all of you in individual beds. That would be combination of the two standard beds together as a king, a sofa bed, or pulllman bed(s) as specified by the stateroom code. "G" category staterooms typically are configured with two pullman beds, and not a sofa bed.

So if you don't think the pullman beds would work with your young children then contact whomever you booked through and see what other category options would be available that would provide a sofa bed instead. That would most likely be Family Ocean View stateroom (FO) a Balcony stateroom, such as a D1 or E1.

The category you have has pullmans. They have a "bar" that comes across to keep the kids from falling out and your bed will be sort of beneath the pullmans. My Grandson slept on a pullman at 3 on our first cruise with no problem, but if you feel more comfortable with a sofa bed, you will need to call and switch the category. The con with the sofabed is that it's small to fit two on, especially if they aren't used to sleeping together and would keep each other awake, and it takes up valuable floor space for them to use to nap on during the day. We like the idea of having the floor space and the bar kept him from rolling or falling out of the pullman. You, ultimately, know what will work best for your two children.

Thank you all!

My 3 year old Im not so concerned ( I think he would enjoy it.) my 2 year old im not so sure. So we have bit the bullet and paid to upgrade - only balcony's no family rooms available so now I am just waiting to see what our travel agent comes back with?!