No Labadee for Freedom Today

Due to high winds (40+ knots) Captain announced this morning that we would be skipping our stop today at Labadee and cruise on to San Juan. Weather has been cloudy and very windy since we left Port Everglades on Saturday with forecast poor conditions for next 2 days. Not a great week to be cruising the Caribbean. A lot of empty chairs at formal dinner last night.

Due to high winds (40+ knots) Captain announced this morning that we would be skipping our stop today at Labadee and cruise on to San Juan. Weather has been cloudy and very windy since we left Port Everglades on Saturday with forecast poor conditions for next 2 days. Not a great week to be cruising the Caribbean. A lot of empty chairs at formal dinner last night.

What a bummer! Hope you're making the best of it.

The winds have been AWFUL for about a month now....it can really cause havoc with the seas!

Very true, while common this time of year, it does seem worse this year. I'm usually watching a few web cams this time of year and from St Martin to Cozumel, I've seen a lot of big surf. It usually starts to calm down about the 2nd week of April.

In addition, we'll be arriving at San Juan about five hours early, so we'll be there from 8 AM (instead of 1:30 PM) until 9 PM. The Master also mentioned that we'd have an extra hour at St. Maarten (departing at 7 PM instead of 6 PM).

Last night as probably the roughest cruise weather we've had onboard a ship. The seasickness bags were placed at the stairwells, although I didn't see anyone need one. It's still a bit of rocking now, but it's pretty manageable. I'm just walking down the hallway as if my Diet Coke were spiked. :)

I'm very pleased with how quickly they've adapted. By the time we had breakfast, the Cruise Director's video had been updated to talk about the new schedule of activities and new Cruise Compasses were available at Guest Services. A video is currently playing on one of the ship's channels talking with Captain Toni to discuss the weather that prevented us from docking at Labadee and what we have to look for for the rest of the cruise (lots of wind and waves).

Is this typical March weather?? I just booked an 8 night Eastern Carribean cruise on Freedom for March 17 next year with my parents. It will be their first cruise and my mom has motion sickness issues.... I was hoping for calm seas that time of year!! How is Freedom with the rough seas? I have been on Oasis and barely noticed any movement.

Is this typical March weather?? I just booked an 8 night Eastern Carribean cruise on Freedom for March 17 next year with my parents. It will be their first cruise and my mom has motion sickness issues.... I was hoping for calm seas that time of year!! How is Freedom with the rough seas? I have been on Oasis and barely noticed any movement.

DITTO THIS. We are leaving on Mar 17 of this year on Enchantment of the Seas (Bahamas) and I've had motion sickness issues in the past. [emoji17] I really hope things calm before then...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed last March on the Carnival Magic on the western Caribbean 7-day itinerary. The seas were calm with the exception of the day before the cruise ended. I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How did the weather end up for the week? Better, I hope!

It was still windy with some rain in San Juan. Sun was out for St. Maarten but still breezy. St Kitts was beautiful and final two days at sea were perfect (calm seas with warm temps and a little breeze). This was cruise #31 for me and was the first time I had experienced 2 consecutive days of bad weather. We're back home and ready to book another cruise.