Laundry discounts?

willcruiseanythyme

There are discounts associated with Captains Club status. This ranges from % discounts to free so check your status perks. Otherwise part way through some cruises there is a laundry special 'wash and fold' all you can stuff in a bag offer.

Can't remember the cost as we get free. Ask your butler/room attendant on boarding if there is to be one on your cruise. Hopefully someone else will post with costing.

Related but not exactly answering your question: if you get the chance and it interests you, take the ship's tour (usually on a sea day) - one of the places they'll take you to is the laundry which is an impressive operation to say the very least. You'll see where they do the "hotel" laundry as well as the place where they do the dry cleaning, pressing, and laundry for individual passengers and crew. You'll also get to see the bridge, the engine control room, the galley and the general area where the crew lives. But far and away the laundry center was a bustling hive of activity!

Ok, thanks. Guess it's a possibility but i should not count on it. This is our first Celebrity cruise.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

On celebrity S class sailings, I have often seen specials like "fill 1 bag of laundry for $20” but I am not sure of this occurs on 7-day sailings (my recent cruises have been 10d or more, where I have seen this laundry special).

Also as an FYI, I have always been very satisfied with the laundry servoce on Celebrity.

Related but not exactly answering your question: if you get the chance and it interests you, take the ship's tour (usually on a sea day) - one of the places they'll take you to is the laundry which is an impressive operation to say the very least. You'll see where they do the "hotel" laundry as well as the place where they do the dry cleaning, pressing, and laundry for individual passengers and crew. You'll also get to see the bridge, the engine control room, the galley and the general area where the crew lives. But far and away the laundry center was a bustling hive of activity!

How does a ship tour come about? What is the cost?

On celebrity S class sailings, I have often seen specials like "fill 1 bag of laundry for $20” but I am not sure of this occurs on 7-day sailings (my recent cruises have been 10d or more, where I have seen this laundry special).

Also as an FYI, I have always been very satisfied with the laundry servoce on Celebrity.

We just got off a 14 day cruise and near the end I saw an offer of a bag of laundry for $45. My first thought was wow that's pricey; but on 2nd thought we can get +/- 30 pieces of laundry in a bag so not to bad.

On our recent Eclipse cruises it was "fill a bag for $49" (I know :eek: - not sure how much of a bargain $49 is for a paper bag of washed and folded laundry. :eek:)

There were no advertised specials for laundry on our recent 7 day cruise. However, for Elite and above, there was the FREE bag of laundry promotion. After that, it was the a la carte pricing.

What type of clothing is included in the "bag" of laundry? Does it include jeans (we will be in Northern Europe, cold weather). I know that Royal will not include jeans in their "bag".

That's interesting. We did it with Princess a few years ago and we put anything and everything in the bag. Our room steward said squish as much as we could into the bag! We did, and they washed and pressed EVERYTHING! EVEN UNDERWEAR! 😂

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

That's interesting. We did it with Princess a few years ago and we put anything and everything in the bag. Our room steward said squish as much as we could into the bag! We did, and they washed and pressed EVERYTHING! EVEN UNDERWEAR! 😂

Princess does that.

Celebrity does wash and fold only for their special. So shirts, etc. do not come back pressed and on hangers.

How does a ship tour come about? What is the cost?

It's held on a sea day (first or last? Ours was on the last sea day). The cost was $99 per person, and it lasted around 2 hours. They keep the group size pretty small because some of the areas you visit have limited room.

My advice if this is something that interests you -- ask right away at the Excursions desk about reserving it; don't wait for it to show up in the dailies as an activity because it might be booked up by then.