Anytime dining

lindyloo17

As 2 sociable ladies we have chosen the Anytime dining options on a table for 10.

We had been at the TAs for ages by this point and felt bad asking so many questions.

So thought I would ask you lovely lot 😀😀😀😀

So anytime means we can eat at anytime we choose...early or late ?

That we will be on a large table ... but not necessarily with the same people each night?

No need to book the restaurant, just turn up ???

Is this correct please ?

As 2 sociable ladies we have chosen the Anytime dining options on a table for 10.

We had been at the TAs for ages by this point and felt bad asking so many questions.

So thought I would ask you lovely lot 😀😀😀😀

So anytime means we can eat at anytime we choose...early or late ?

That we will be on a large table ... but not necessarily with the same people each night?

No need to book the restaurant, just turn up ???

Is this correct please ?

That is correct...table size may vary also

Depending on when you want to eat you may encounter lines. You may have to go through the entire line and then get a pager and wait some more. There is definitely a time frame where it seems almost everybody wants to eat. If you go before or after that time you are far less likely to have to wait.

Thank you ....

I'm hoping to meet some like minded fun people on the cruise and before hand in the roll call section 😀

Be nice to share some conversation over a meal... maybe even share a trip or 2 as well. I'm not keen on all the big Princess excursions 😣

FYI: 10 people at a table in a noisy dining room is NOT a way to have a conversation. You might want to rethink and ask for a 4 or 6 top.
We were at table for 10 once. They are oval rather than round tables and it is difficult to talk to everyone at the table. With anytime Dining you don't request a table size as that only applies to fixed dining. When you get to the DR you will be asked if you want to share and if you say yes you will be placed at the next table with space available which may be a table for 4, 6, 8, or 10. There are very few tables for 10 so you will most probably be seated at a table with fewer people to unless you wait for a larger table to open up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last time I was on Princess, I was solo. Explained to the hostess my situation. She talked to the head waiter. He walked around a bit and then took me to a table of 9 very interesting people. I had dinner most nights with one of more of these couples. Often at the same table with the same great wait staff. I really appreciated their assistance. Just ask and you may find some people that you enjoy .

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.5 HD using Forums mobile app

Thank you ....

I'm hoping to meet some like minded fun people on the cruise and before hand in the roll call section 😀

Be nice to share some conversation over a meal... maybe even share a trip or 2 as well. I'm not keen on all the big Princess excursions 😣

Just make sure you get to the dining room at the same time with your companion from the Roll Call to be assured of seating in one table. When not together, they usually ask you to wait for them before getting seated on the same table.

Thank you so very much. Everyone is extremely helpful with what may seem my "dumb" questions. 😀

So we get to front of queue and get asked if we are OK to sit in a table of say 6. We say yes...do all 6 of us get seated together ?

Or would we join a table where say some are on mains already ? Sorry I'm just confused 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Thank you so very much. Everyone is extremely helpful with what may seem my "dumb" questions. 😀

So we get to front of queue and get asked if we are OK to sit in a table of say 6. We say yes...do all 6 of us get seated together ?

Or would we join a table where say some are on mains already ? Sorry I'm just confused 🙄🙄🙄🙄

We've only shared a few times, and each time we were seated with people who had just arrived.

They will not ask or offer the size of the table. When you arrive at the front of the line, they will ask how many are in your party and if you would like to share. You can answer (1) you want to eat by yourself, (2) you want to share, or (3) you don't care (seat you whichever one is quicker).

They will usually start one sharing table and seat people there until it fills up. They will not seat you at the same time. When they take you to the table, there may be someone else already there; and there may be someone coming along behind you.

If the table doesn't fill fairly quickly, your waiter may ask if you want to go ahead and order or wait for others. They may still seat someone at your table after you order but not long after. They usually won't have anyone join you once you have started eating.

If you arrive at the same time as a lot of other people, then there is generally no problem. Sometimes when we arrive at an off time, they don't have anyone else at the same time who wants to share. In at least one case, they seated the two of us at a "sharing" table for eight, and we ended up eating by ourselves because no one else came in.

Breakfast and lunch are open seating for everyone, and they will ask if you want to share then also.

Afternoon tea is another time that you can share if you want. However, if you want to share at tea, you need to be there when it opens or soon thereafter. Most people arrive then, and you may not find anyone to share with if you arrive towards the end of the tea time.

If you arrive with other friends (in your case 6 total) and wanted to be seated together at a table for 6, it would not be a problem. :)

I question the knowledge of cruising that your TA has.

When choosing traditional dining (early or late) you should be asked what table size you would like to dine at. This information is used by the ship's staff when they made traditional table assignments before your cruise.

When choosing Anytime as you have, there is no request of table size when you make the booking and your TA should not have asked you the table size questions.

Others have correctly posted how Anytime seating works when you show up at the dining room entrance.

By the way, if too many of your fellow passengers decide their anytime is the same as your anytime, then there may be a wait to be seated.

the one cruise that we had anytime (we booked the cruise a month before the sailing date and didn't clear thew waitlist), we always said we'll share. a couple of times when we were seated, we noticed others at the table had already ordered. It may for awkward service.

We were so glad to get traditional seating for our next cruise.

Depending on when you want to eat you may encounter lines. You may have to go through the entire line and then get a pager and wait some more. There is definitely a time frame where it seems almost everybody wants to eat. If you go before or after that time you are far less likely to have to wait.

Sorry to hijack!!! If I make a permanent booking for the same time every night do I skip the line or still join the queue

Thanks

Sorry to hijack!!! If I make a permanent booking for the same time every night do I skip the line or still join the queue

Thanks

I don't know if you can make a standing reservation for the whole cruise, may have to be done day by day. And if I remember right, there is a separate line for reservations.

You CAN make a res. for every night with the Maitr'd, BUT it has to be before 6 or after 7:30 for Anytime.

Lindyloo17, I cruised last Fall with a lady friend and we booked Traditional which I had not done in years. We had a great time! They assigned us to an 8 top and there was one married couple, one mother and son, two cousins and us. We were all about the same age, never had to wait to be seated, and felt included. The best thing was not having to introduce ourselves, compared cruising histories, addresses and stuff every evening!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't know if you can make a standing reservation for the whole cruise, may have to be done day by day. And if I remember right, there is a separate line for reservations.

Depends on the ship (and Maitre d').

Some allow cruise long reservations.

Some allow for three days.

Some allow only day by day.

And sometimes some will not allow reservations at all.

the one cruise that we had anytime (we booked the cruise a month before the sailing date and didn't clear thew waitlist)' date=' we always said we'll share. a couple of times when we were seated, we noticed others at the table had already ordered. It may for awkward service.

We were so glad to get traditional seating for our next cruise.[/quote']

We always do Anytime Dining and usually opt to "share". Most of the time we are seated at a table where others have arrived--handed our menus--then wait a few minutes for the table to fill--and only then does the waiter take all our orders.

When we are the first ones at a table, others seem to join us fairly soon and we order when the table is full. We arrive at about 6 p.m. and are seated right away.