Countdown to Celebrity Edge!

jv_nyc

Glad you did this - I was just about to do the same. Let's live on the EDGE, and chat about items we learn on the reveal. 53 minutes to go - should be fun !

Let's see, the books open up an hour from now, but no information ahead of time to decide what to book......interesting.

Fair point, but it seems clear that Celebrity wants to make a big splash, and live on the EDGE - pardon the puns.

FWIW, they did a great job of keeping things super secret - kudos to X for the accomplishment - though I'm sure most of us wish that didn't go so well :)

On the bright side, the wait is almost over ! :)

and to be doubly fair, this isn't like an Adele concert queue. Waiting an hour to hear the details before you book won't mean the "best" cabins are all gone, especially since those booking in that first hour will be doing so blind. We plan to book something straight away and then shift, if needed.

and to be doubly fair, this isn't like an Adele concert queue. Waiting an hour to hear the details before you book won't mean the "best" cabins are all gone, especially since those booking in that first hour will be doing so blind. We plan to book something straight away and then shift, if needed.

Agreed Schplinsky. I suspect the first few sailings bookings will be very brisk today and tomorrow - but I doubt it will sell out in 10 minutes. As you mentioned, unless the deck plans are painstakingly exact, none of us will know precisely where the better cabin locations are (other than say Mid-ship), and where to avoid. I suspect none of us will know for certain, until we board the ship.

and where to avoid. I suspect none of us will know for certain, until we board the ship.

Which, of course, won't stop people from asking in the next 18 months which cabins have the better view, the bed by the window or how the food is. :)

From another thread. This appeared and then vanished from the X web-site. Likely, they need to load the pages and then hide them in order to have them appear at noon, but i'm no web genius.

Occupancy : 2,908

Tonnage : 129,500

Inaugural Date : Dec. 2018

Length : 1,004 ft

Beam : 128 ft

Draught : 27 ft

Cruise Speed : 21.8 knots

Celebrity Edge℠ marks a turning point in our approach to ship design. From the very first sketches to experiencing those designs in a virtual reality setting, every step was done in 3-D. From the incredible new Magic Carpet to the private plunge pools in our new 2-story Edge Villas, we could design the most refined ship at sea. The unique outward facing design breaks from traditional ship design. Aboard, you’ll feel more connected with the sea and the places you’ll visit in a variety of spaces ranging from our Edge Staterooms with Infinite Verandas℠, to our reimagined, terraced pool deck that offers even greater views of the destinations and shimmer of ocean.

Which, of course, won't stop people from asking in the next 18 months which cabins have the better view, the bed by the window or how the food is. :)

Why do I have a feeling the bed by the bathroom or window discussion will not eXist on the Edge class ? We'll know the answer shortly !

From another thread. This appeared and then vanished from the X web-site. Likely, they need to load the pages and then hide them in order to have them appear at noon, but i'm no web genius.

Occupancy : 2,908

Tonnage : 129,500

Inaugural Date : Dec. 2018

Length : 1,004 ft

Beam : 128 ft

Draught : 27 ft

Cruise Speed : 21.8 knots

Celebrity Edge℠ marks a turning point in our approach to ship design. From the very first sketches to experiencing those designs in a virtual reality setting, every step was done in 3-D. From the incredible new Magic Carpet to the private plunge pools in our new 2-story Edge Villas, we could design the most refined ship at sea. The unique outward facing design breaks from traditional ship design. Aboard, you’ll feel more connected with the sea and the places you’ll visit in a variety of spaces ranging from our Edge Staterooms with Infinite Verandas℠, to our reimagined, terraced pool deck that offers even greater views of the destinations and shimmer of ocean.

Interesting that Edge is now bigger than Solstice Class.

Sent from my iPad using Forums